WE THE NORTH

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG another OT loss. Lowry was trying hard, to hard actually.
And WTF has happened to derozen he is playing himself out of a max contract. I know his thumb is sprained but still, ( I know it must hurt like a bugger ) he's on the floor so he could try to defend. And TRoss and his stupid lazy turn over passes that always end up as points against us
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggg!!!

Raps in six !?!?

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key to this game will be how Biyombo plays and whoever fills Biyombo's role off the bench, whether it's Thompson, Scola or they go small with Powell and use Patterson at the 5.
biz was wicked but we got out coached and didnt play to our strengths again :/ no damn way demar should have been put back in and it showed

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG another OT loss. Lowry was trying hard, to hard actually.
And WTF has happened to derozen he is playing himself out of a max contract. I know his thumb is sprained but still, ( I know it must hurt like a bugger ) he's on the floor so he could try to defend. And TRoss and his stupid lazy turn over passes that always end up as points against us
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggg!!!

Raps in six !?!?

Terrible loss ,i seen it coming with no defence derozan letting players walk right by him and taking such terrible shots and the turnovers ...thats even worse we lost sooooo many shots last night kyle and demar combined was 25 percent and to many turnovers leading to easy baskets grrr

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a f@@kin joke Dragic punches Corey Joseph in the head a full shot and nothing called during the game and he gets less then nothing after the fact for a FULL PUNCH wtf is going on in the nba money thats what ,far more lucrative to have miami move on for the nba ,such bs already ,not a wonder JV is out look what was happening to him every damn game ,i cant believe Goran isnt suspended for that bs ,what a joke the nba is

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biyombo is doing a bang up job first half game 5, but why the heck do the Raps stop playing once they get a 20 point lead? They attack the basket and clean Miami's clock, then all of a sudden they decide that they better stop and start trying perimeter shots? They better get their act together in the second half.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take a win. If they advance to the conference finals, they are going to have to play like they did in the first half to stand a chance against the Cavs.

That Carroll injury really looked like a fracture to me the way his hand bent, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and he's at least good to go next series along with JV.

Also, that call that sent D-Wade to the FT line was ridiculous in crunch time was ridiculous... Glad it didn't change the outcome of the game.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That invisible foul call was atrocious. I hope they review that with the refs because that could have been a game changer. These refs have to make better calls with the game on the line. And How about the whistle called a mistake on the travel that apparently wasn't?

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That invisible foul call was atrocious. I hope they review that with the refs because that could have been a game changer. These refs have to make better calls with the game on the line. And How about the whistle called a mistake on the travel that apparently wasn't?

I was upset about that at first, but upon reviewing it, I actually think it could/should have been called a jump ball as a Toronto player did have their hands on the ball. In the NBA, that's how the rule is called... in FIBA, that would be called a travel.

While it should have been called a jump ball, I hate that rule and prefer the FIBA ruling that that should be a travel.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More tests coming back negative for Demarre, which is a positive for us, and he actually sounds fairly optimistic about a chance at playing game 6, which bodes well for us, if we move on as he would check Lebron defensively.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Solid win ,glad Carroll seems tobe ok ,deng is out for them ,i havnt heard if its bad was his wrist too ,we have to take them out in game 6 and end this ,do t let wade get going again ,well done demar and kyle on the rebound game and bz was a beast as predicted keep going down there,i cant say it enough ,if scola isnt injured he could be doing some scoring down low too

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA released the last 2 minute report... says that wasn't a foul on Wade and also that Biz committed a loose ball foul with 20 seconds left...

Demarre said he's going to try everything he can so that he's good to go for tomorrow. He even said he'd "fight" the medical staff if he had to, to play tomorrow.
The wrist isn't broken and it is his non-shooting hand, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll play. If he is out, then the rotation might get a bit funky.
PG: Lowry, Joseph
SG: Derozan, (Lowry)
SF: Powell, Ross
PF: Pat, (Thompson), (Ross), (Johnson)?
C: Biz, Thompson

The Heat went super small yesterday with this line-up at one point alternating Winslow and Joe Johnson at Centre... crazy
PG: Dragic
SG: Richardson
SF: Wade
PF: Winslow
C: Joe Johnson

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, big win today!!!
If the refs are fair to us we will win, if they're not well I guess it's get ready for the draft and wait for next season.

BUT we're not done Lebron is going to have a hard time against us
And if we get lucky we can have JV back for that series

Raps in 7 !!!!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah i hope they beat them today and dont leave it up to the refs late because we wont win that battle with getting calls late if its close and our free throw shooting has been bad in the playoffs

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whomp there it is what a game 7777777 yeah wtg boys !!! Final 4 time ,first time ever ,well done ;)

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't give my prediction... BTw according to ESPN's BPI, the Raps have a 66% chance of advancing.
I say if the Raps win Game 1, then Raps in 5
If the Raps lose Game 1, Raps in 7

Looks like you are a true prophet iveyfan. You picked raps in 7. way to go.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like you are a true prophet iveyfan. You picked raps in 7. way to go.

Thx. I have a knack for this sort of thing. I'm actually so happy that I don't even mind if we get swept next round by the Cavs.

But for real, I think that if we bring that high energy, defense creates offense game against Cleveland, then I think that we can make it competitive.

The bad news is that throughout the regular season our perimeter defense was the only weak link in our defense and thee Cavs come in on fire from long range.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to all of you Raptor fans! Enjoy the Eastern Conference Finals!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The realistic side of me is saying Cavs in 6... But the fan in me says Raptors in 7... Let's see which side comes true

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for the Raptors making their 1st conference finals, but who actually thinks they have a shot to beat Cleveland

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, nonexistent refs. Raptors got into great flow and they really out played Miami for the whole game.

I think our 2nd unit is the key in this series. If we get JV back I see some winning. All in all the raps win game 1 by 5 or 6 ( even though the Cavs are favoured by 10.5 )

Raps in five!!!!!

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say Cavs take this one. Raptors have made great progress, but I think the Cavs are just too good at this point in time. But, who knows? That's why they make them play the games.

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear Lord
Please bring JV back, or my Raptors are in some serious trouble.
Not saying JV wins it, but his presence and lane clogging could slow the cavs down. If not *sigh* I might have to start rooting for KD and his Thunder.

Raps in five!!!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! The ball movement from the Raps in the first 8 minutes may have been the best I've seen all year... we were getting whatever we wanted on offense.

After that it was all downhill.
Most notably, we shifted our entire defensive scheme for this series from defending the paint to focusing on their outside shooting, and the result of that was giving up middle penetration and a gazillion points in the paint.

It's that type of pick your poison with the Cavs that makes it so hard to play them, because they can beat you in so many different ways.

Hopefully, the Cavs come out lackadaisical in game 2 and we can take advantage.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, we had two good Raptors on the court yesterday...
Derozan and JJ.
Lowry wasn't good... Carroll was worse, and CoJo was downright terrible.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was rough to watch ,if jonas isnt back and we dont tons more from almost everyone this is going to be a struggle