WE THE NORTH

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah we might steal game 6 but the cavs are moving on i guess 70 million more buys you enough to advance

3 superstars is tough to compete with. Especially having the best player rested. No matter what, good year for Toronto regardless. Not many had them this far battling and giving Cavs a good series

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! What I found interesting is how effective that one play the Cavs keep running is. I taught a variation of that play (called "Horns Rub" BTW) to the 12-13 year olds that I coach.

The other teams couldn't stop it either (although they are 12-13 year olds and not professional basketball players who should be playing a higher level of defense). There are just so many options available off a play like that and as soon as one player slightly messes up his rotation, the other team gets a basket, or an open look, at least.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of the day though, a loss is a loss, whether by 5 or 35. Just have to put it behind you and focus on the next one...
Funny thing about last night is that I felt Casey was drawing up good plays, but the decision making by the players was terrible... passing up open 3s, passing into lanes with active arms.

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well guys it's been a great run, best ever. I'm looking forward to the draft at the end of June. I think things will get even better next year. I think Bizz will sign here and we will sign a FA Power Forward. Someone like Milsap would fit the bill. I'm going to follow the Cleveland games, to watch Lebrons face, when the calls finically go against him

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Biz is going to be too expensive to keep imo. I'm hoping we get Horford via sign-and-trade actually, and re-sign Demar even if he is inefficient at times

PG: Lowry, Joseph, Wright
SG: Derozan, Powell
SF: Carroll, Ross, Bruno
PF: Horford, Patterson
C: Valanciunas, Nogeuira

In addition to these 12, we probably pick up a player or two in the draft and one more in free agency.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The realistic side of me is saying Cavs in 6... But the fan in me says Raptors in 7... Let's see which side comes true

Also, unfortunately, I picked this series correctly as well saying Cavs in 6.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt Horford is leaving ATL tbh. I really hope Derozan doesn't go to LA. Even though I'm not a Raptors fan, seems like he's well-liked by TOR and hopefully he doesn't sell out.

We should get an NBA free agency thread going on CC. Don't want to clutter up the TOR thread w/all the other big names moving around.

Also, as a Cavs fan no less, that display by TOR fans at end of game 6 was unbelievable. Seriously, I was blown away by how great the fans were, cheering at the end of the loss. Reminds me of CLE fans, both of us knowing how long the struggle for a title really is lol

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 superstars is tough to compete with. Especially having the best player rested. No matter what, good year for Toronto regardless. Not many had them this far battling and giving Cavs a good series

Agreed on both points and i wish the cavs luck they are the better team ,more depth.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt Horford is leaving ATL tbh. I really hope Derozan doesn't go to LA. Even though I'm not a Raptors fan, seems like he's well-liked by TOR and hopefully he doesn't sell out.

We should get an NBA free agency thread going on CC. Don't want to clutter up the TOR thread w/all the other big names moving around.

Also, as a Cavs fan no less, that display by TOR fans at end of game 6 was unbelievable. Seriously, I was blown away by how great the fans were, cheering at the end of the loss. Reminds me of CLE fans, both of us knowing how long the struggle for a title really is lol
Derozan seems to be saying he has no plans to leave the Raptors ,i have to agree its unlikely especially now hes going anywhere .

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Derozan seems to be saying he has no plans to leave the Raptors ,i have to agree its unlikely especially now hes going anywhere .

I hope so. I like him, don't want to see him join the lakers. Raptors are building something special in TOR, we'll see what happens.

If nothing shakes up too much in the east, i.e. Durant doesn't come to WAS/MIA, I think TOR/CLE rematch in ECF next year.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take a retun to ECF next season ,we will be breaking in alot of young players and the talk out of derozan and biz seems they both will be on the roster next season barring something wild happening ,i really hope bruno and nogueria ,wright and powell work their butts off to get better ,could be huge for the team ,having the 905 team 30 mins away was a solid move in player development

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

To be fair, I didn't say Horford would sign with us... I said we'd get him in a sign-and-trade. We'd probably have to give up Ross, a prospect and a few picks.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and the talk out of derozan and biz seems they both will be on the roster next season barring something wild happening ,i

Once again, we don't have the cap space to re-sign Biz. We don't hold his bird rights, so we can't go over the cap to sign him, unlike Derozan where we can go over the cap to sign him.

Biz sounds like he wants to come back but there will be teams offering him 15 million at least, and we literally can't afford to pay him that much without dealing either Ross, JV, Carroll or not bringing back Derozan.

It kind of sucks but the Raps will be acting like a team that has hit the max cap this offseason.

Here's an article that sort of describes it. Based on the picks we have, 9th overall this year and the Clippers first next year, and the number of prospects we have, I could easily see Masai making a trade or two this offseason.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eam-have-to-spend-in-2016-free-agency/page/30

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair, I didn't say Horford would sign with us... I said we'd get him in a sign-and-trade. We'd probably have to give up Ross, a prospect and a few picks.

Yeah, I don't think ATL deals him unless they blow it up. Not a bad strat since it's proven their current formula won't be getting out of the east, but I still doubt they do it.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I don't think ATL deals him unless they blow it up. Not a bad strat since it's proven their current formula won't be getting out of the east, but I still doubt they do it.

I honestly think that they might though... They seemed to favour Schroeder over Teague even in the playoffs on the brink of elimination in both series.

Horford is becoming a FA, Millsap has an option to opt out next year. Splitter is taking up 8.25 mil of their cap space.

If they do keep Millsap, I think that trading Horford may be a way to start...
They have decent young talent in Schroeder, Bazemore, Hardaway Jr. and good perimeter shooting still with Muscala and Scott. All 5 of those guys are under 27.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly think that they might though... They seemed to favour Schroeder over Teague even in the playoffs on the brink of elimination in both series.

Horford is becoming a FA, Millsap has an option to opt out next year. Splitter is taking up 8.25 mil of their cap space.

If they do keep Millsap, I think that trading Horford may be a way to start...
They have decent young talent in Schroeder, Bazemore, Hardaway Jr. and good perimeter shooting still with Muscala and Scott. All 5 of those guys are under 27.

Yeah, I think its smarter for them to blow it up imo. No real chance of competing for a title w/this crew clearly and they're only going to age.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once again, we don't have the cap space to re-sign Biz. We don't hold his bird rights, so we can't go over the cap to sign him, unlike Derozan where we can go over the cap to sign him.

Biz sounds like he wants to come back but there will be teams offering him 15 million at least, and we literally can't afford to pay him that much without dealing either Ross, JV, Carroll or not bringing back Derozan.

It kind of sucks but the Raps will be acting like a team that has hit the max cap this offseason.

Here's an article that sort of describes it. Based on the picks we have, 9th overall this year and the Clippers first next year, and the number of prospects we have, I could easily see Masai making a trade or two this offseason.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eam-have-to-spend-in-2016-free-agency/page/30

As soon as I say this, Biz goes on radio today saying he'll give a "hometown" discount to Toronto... (true hometown discount would be accepting his 3 mil player option, but he would be stupid to not decline)

http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/5/30/11813028/bismack-biyombo-free-agency-hometown-discount-raptors

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as I say this, Biz goes on radio today saying he'll give a "hometown" discount to Toronto... (true hometown discount would be accepting his 3 mil player option, but he would be stupid to not decline)

http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/5/30/11813028/bismack-biyombo-free-agency-hometown-discount-raptors
they can move ross and his 11 mil a season about to kick in to keep biz im more then fine with that and him getting that money ,ross plays a city game and is afraid of contact , we have young guys coming along who will better use his minutes we waited long enough and one monster game and flashes every ten games isnt enough. Slam dunk champion who doesnt dunk hardly ever in games at that money can move on ,we need value and production and he just isnt bringing it and i hope he finds it somewhere else .

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ditching Ross would be really nice, we have 4 draft picks over the next two years. Signing DD signing Bizz and signing our top ten pick then let the trades begin, say a star power forward( I wish ).

Who wins this year???
Golden State in five or six

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going to be Cavs/gsw for the foreseeable future IMO. Wouldn't be shocked if they meet again next year for 3 in a row. Nobody can really compete with Cavs in east yet and gsw is just so good.

Heart says Cavs in 6
Head says gsw in 5

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know you guys are raps fans, but I will open an NBA fee agency thread soon, so I don't clog you guys thread and all.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know you guys are raps fans, but I will open an NBA fee agency thread soon, so I don't clog you guys thread and all.

If you don't, I will... sounds like a great idea.
Good luck to the Cavs BTW. As much as Lebron can irk me sometimes, I'm not liking the c ockiness of the Warriors this year, especially Steph. Way too much showboating this year compared to previous years.
I hope the Cavs put them in their place.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kevin durant would look so good in raptor gear i hope they swing for the fences and finally land a true star in his prime ,carroll ,ross ,scola ,james johnson all out ,there is most of the money to aign demar and biz and go into the luxury tax for KD now we are talking .

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 years 18 mil dwayne casey signed a deal