WE THE NORTH

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win or lose, I'm going to support this team but I have a good feeling about today.

Let's go Raps!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We did it. We f'in did it man! Funny that the Pacers fans are getting salty because we finally got calls going our way for one game.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about that finish. The raptors sure like to give their fans heart attacks. But it's still on to round 2. Go raps.

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, close one. That was a foul at the end, DD pushed that guy. But I'll take it!!!
On to playing Miami, early numbers CBS numbers have raps favoured by 5. I think we will make quick work of them. Again raps in four guys.

We match up well with Miami but our 2nd unit will be our advantage.
Biz vs whiteside will be fun to watch.

Let's go raptors !!!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, close one. That was a foul at the end, DD pushed that guy. But I'll take it!!!
On to playing Miami, early numbers CBS numbers have raps favoured by 5. I think we will make quick work of them. Again raps in four guys.

We match up well with Miami but our 2nd unit will be our advantage.
Biz vs whiteside will be fun to watch.

Let's go raptors !!!

Was a push by DD, I agree but I don't think that would have changed much. Ian is a 58% free throw shooter taking two shots down three. Pretty sure we would have had it anyways.
I think that we match up fairly well vs Miami actually, but a lot of the position battles will be close
Wade v Derozan
Johnson v Carroll
Dragic v Lowry
Whiteside v Biz
Richardson v Ross
Winslow v Powell
Dorell Wright v Delon Wright
Then it comes down to Patterson, JV and CoJo vs McRoberts, Green, Deng where I think we have the advantage.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We need to get in the gym and shoot freethrows as a team ,it has to get better and fast if we want to win round 2

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't give my prediction... BTw according to ESPN's BPI, the Raps have a 66% chance of advancing.
I say if the Raps win Game 1, then Raps in 5
If the Raps lose Game 1, Raps in 7

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bosh wants back in so bad ,i hope hope the distraction his wife and him are putting up throw the heat off ,miami has tons of depth ,i hope kyle and demar and scola return to form for this series, this will be as hard as the pacers series to win id say 6 or 7 games and for the love of god hit a freethrow toronto

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw that, Bosh wants back what a joke. I agree with what you are saying. I'm sure our guys will dominate bosh or no bosh. Our free throw shooting WILL return I have total faith in that!

Raps in four!!!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw that, Bosh wants back what a joke. I agree with what you are saying. I'm sure our guys will dominate bosh or no bosh. Our free throw shooting WILL return I have total faith in that!

Raps in four!!!
Wow 4 if they do that i will be shocked miami has some warriors ,i will take it all day long mind you ;)) Best part of my day today will be that game.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't give my prediction... BTw according to ESPN's BPI, the Raps have a 66% chance of advancing.
I say if the Raps win Game 1, then Raps in 5
If the Raps lose Game 1, Raps in 7

I guess now we see if they can get it done in 7. Should be interesting to see who shows up in game 2.

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaaaaaaarrrrgggggg. Miami tried so hard to lose even the refs were on our side ( not really ). We just didn't have it, even with the crazy half court shot to tie the game. I thought for sure momentum was ours and we blow it *sigh*. Well raps in five, we ARE better than Miami .

Thursday will be our game !!!

R in 5

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowry was shooting until past 1am on the main court in a mostly empty arena. Admire his dedication but his game yesterday was poor to say the least. The intangibles that he has had in the playoffs so far (hustle, court awareness etc.) just wasn't there yesterday.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best part of my day it wasnt i won my sportsbet but it felt like a loss. This team is so boring right now the offence is beyond predictable ,the reffing in the nba playoffs changed the games but still as for mr lowry its hard not tobe upset with a guy getting a monster raise ,pkus far more rest this season and hes blowing it like he is ,if he was running the team well and not scoring ok but hes not and the team is bad bad at times i hope something changes and quick or else the frustration will be continuing ,we gave that game away as per usual , i mean look at the shots!!!!!! Drive the damn ball get some movement out there and ffs START TERRENCE ROSS its friggin time ,is scola deadly injured ? Cause him not playing is bs when he started most of the year and does lots out there .

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scola will get torched by Deng, just like he was by Turner... Not a good match-up for him

I think the rotation is fine. Powell did a good job covering D-Wade, he just didn't have a good night offensively.

Ross shot very well last night and was fairly active on D, but every he game he makes 3-4 really boneheaded plays like trying to dribble past Wade and turning the ball over in the final 2 minutes of the game and he chucked up two bad threes late in the 4th as well, plus I think he works better with the bench unit.

That unit of Lowry, Joseph, Ross, Pat and Biz can play together and that was our most lethal lineup during the season.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, the ball movement was actually really good for most of the game. We had quite a lot of assists in the first half especially.
Someone brought up stats that the Raps are taking more uncontested shots than in the regular season, they just aren't making them at all.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scola will get torched by Deng, just like he was by Turner... Not a good match-up for him

I think the rotation is fine. Powell did a good job covering D-Wade, he just didn't have a good night offensively.

Ross shot very well last night and was fairly active on D, but every he game he makes 3-4 really boneheaded plays like trying to dribble past Wade and turning the ball over in the final 2 minutes of the game and he chucked up two bad threes late in the 4th as well, plus I think he works better with the bench unit.

That unit of Lowry, Joseph, Ross, Pat and Biz can play together and that was our most lethal lineup during the season.
Well we better do something because we need some scoring!!!! We wont beat miami the same way as the pacers they are deeper and can have one of afew players go off in a game ,right now the raps are searching thats not good in the playoffs ,so some sort of shakeup wouldnt hurt in my opinion and Pat isnt doing more starting then off the bench so thompson ,jj ,scola ,even moving carroll into pf spreading the floor to open up driving lanes for powell ,demar ,kyle is needed.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carroll is playing PF right now.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd still like to see some of those shots from the top of the key and just inside the arc start to drop. 35% from the field just won't cut it long term. Nevertheless, gotta hand it to them sticking tough for game 2. On to Miami.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if we can even split in Miami, then we should be good heading back for 5-7. That first half offense when the ball was flying around and the defense was generating the chances was fun to watch.

So many forced turnovers on Miami... Carroll had 4 steals, JV, Derozan and Kyle had 3 each. We need to keep that type of pressure up.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to see carroll kill it ladt night, T ross was solid too ,now if only we would pound our big man in the post hes played the best out of any RAPTOR in the playoffs pound the ball with JONAS 7-9 last night use the damn guy!!! Good win regardless ,nice to see kyle hit afew

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowry!!! is all I have to say. Hope we get JV back soon, and it looks like with Whiteside in a cast, Whiteside might be "doubtful" for the rest of the series.

Solid win, but if we lost, I was going to go after T-Ross man... Every time he does something positive, he has to negate it immediately. 2 turnovers late in the game that led to 5 points for the Heat.

Also, Casey, no more Scola please. He put the Raps in the bonus 3 minutes into the 4th. If you want another big in the game and JV is out, use Thompson, not Scola.

But I do like that Casey ran more plays for JV before he got injured

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And JV is ruled out for the reaminder of the series... Whiteside has a sprained MCL, so even though he's listed as day-to-day, I doubt he's coming back at all

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*sigh* Poor JV . I sure hope it's a smoke screen, but we knows it's not.

I'm still confident in my raps. Miami lost their shot blocker too.
Should be way more slashing to the bucket, which still favours us.

Raps in five!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key to this game will be how Biyombo plays and whoever fills Biyombo's role off the bench, whether it's Thompson, Scola or they go small with Powell and use Patterson at the 5.