Golf

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

Phil is not the best player in the golfing world right now. I like Phil but he has way too many ups and downs to be considered number one.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m glad to see Tiger back healthy and playing well. It was hard to watch him try to play through his back issues. Tiger has always been one of my favourite golfers to watch. He’s one of the greatest players of all time.

djoepadilha

djoepadilha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really is unique tiger skills, and see your games is very nice, i remember a playstation game with his name, that was one of my predicted games haha

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hole in One

125 yards with a PW, downhill par 3, never left flag, pitched in line and rolled 8 feet to drop in. Perfect.

Much shouting as it got near the hole and a massive cheer when it dropped.:eek::D
(My 3rd, H in 1)
Seems I'm eligible for a free Boss watch. Call me cynical, but what's the catch?

Attachments

• h in1.JPG
    h in1.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 12
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet, way to go! Those balls are to save forever.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sweet, way to go! Those balls are to save forever.

Nah lost it next day Sunday. Playing away in a national competition singles knockout. I don’t get sentimental about a golf ball.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
St Jude Classic

So JThomas has passed DJohnson for World #1 - JT not playing, DJ responds with a 2nd round 63 to take the lead going into the weekend, nice.
http://www.owgr.com/ranking

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Dustin Johnson, #2 didn't last for long! What a way to go, slamming home a walk-off eagle to take back the throne. Nearly lapped the entire field at -19. Side note, Rickie got engaged.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the U.S. Open underway, you might be interested in just how difficult this tournament can be. I would recommend "Tiptoeing Through Hell: Playing the U.S. Open on Golf's Most Treacherous Courses" by John Strege. :eek:

It's a terrific sports read. :)

Cheers!

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tiger 4 putt on 13th probably as bad as I've ever seen from him. Knocked the wind out of him and he doubles 14 as well. Can't see him being around for the weekend +8 now still 4 to play.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got bets on fowler and/or list to win. 4 back and 6 back. still a chance.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the wind keeps up, the winner may be over par. Tough course.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The conditions at the US OPEN are truly difficult, so that higher scores will prevail :eek:

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the US Open 2018, Tiger Woods either tied or beat Rory McIlroy, Bubba Watson, Jason Day, and Adam Scott - so he did pretty good, right?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive lumped on Justin Rose to win this. His precision hitting should stand him in good stead. BK is looking good as well

Last edited:
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mickelson meltdown

Phil intentionally putts a moving ball, his explanation:
“Look, I don’t mean disrespect by anybody,” Mickelson said on FOX Sports’ broadcast. “I know it’s a two-shot penalty. At that time, I didn’t feel like going back and forth and hitting the same shot over. I took the two-shot penalty and moved on. It’s my understanding of the rules. I’ve had multiple times where I’ve wanted to do that. I just finally did.”
My take is he's absolutely sick of this course. I think a lot of the players would agree.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a blatant cheat, I'm surprised tbh that a pro like him would do that.
Should be DQ in my opinion. What a day though and the early starters clearly had the better conditions. If the same happens today we could get a real surprise winner.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
USGA controls all

It was a blatant cheat, I'm surprised tbh that a pro like him would do that.
Should be DQ in my opinion. What a day though and the early starters clearly had the better conditions. If the same happens today we could get a real surprise winner.
He broke a rule, he took a penalty. He could refuse the penalty and then withdraw, which he did not.
Just the usual US Open, weird course, completely different every single day. USGA considers it a raging success when the winner finishes near even to par.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well we nearly got that surprise winner with Fleetwood's 63 but I think Koepka deserved it. Fleetwood was under no pressure to do anything than post a decent score. BK was under pressure from the moment he tee'd off and apart from that one slip on the par 3 he played great. His putting in particular impressed me during the first two rounds and he holed out with the confidence of youth. I expect to see more wins from him now his confidence will be sky high.

Rose, well just didn't putt well enough (as usual to be fair) but the way he putted in his recent win I expected better.
I picked up a bit on the tempo of the pro's iron play and shot my best round of the year on Sun morning with a 72 (gross)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:heeeellllSee I told yahs the higher scores would prevail, that Phil bit was too funny. I didn't believe that was actually occurring , though it was sum spoof off the ProAm. lol:heeeellll

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see Bubba Watson pick up the Travelers win, he's really come a long way getting his game back in shape. I other news, Dechambeau using a 'compass'. Yeah, I thought at first that meant north/south type, but no, he's splitting hairs and doing math to get an ultimate read on pin locations:
https://golfweek.com/2018/06/24/pga-tour-reportedly-looking-into-bryson-dechambeau-use-of-compass/
They may ban its use, but at least he's not using one of those golf binoculars(that would be bad...).