Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brooks Koepka

Koepka suddenly nipping on the heels of Dustin Johnson. Tiger vs Phil looming, kind of a throwback!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any takers on who wins the Northern Trust? Or the Fed Ex Cup?

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Koepka and DJ battling it out this weekend. Who ya got?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great leaderboard

Koepka and DJ battling it out this weekend. Who ya got?
Glad to see DJ & Koepka at the top there. Mickelson doing well ahead of his battle with Tiger. Expect to see Koepka win the FedEx, how could we bet against it?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it is amazing what Koepka is doing this year. I am really looking forward to all these tournaments to finish out the year.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods won't be 1 for long. He's a has been.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how long I've been away, did I miss something? Justin Rose is the #1 pro golfer in the world...
http://www.owgr.com/ranking

This is actually kind of surprising, considering Rose has won only 1 time this year (Fort Worth Invitational), but he has 10 Top 10s this year, and only missed 1 cut, at the Northern Trust. Talk about consistency. It will be interesting to see how long he can hold on to #1. If a guy like DJ or JT gets hot soon, it might not be for long.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Justin Rose rips limericks

Rose sure can swing a putter, with that near-anchor high on the handle tallboy style. I don't put any putt past him, he's that good. I heard he was good at creating limericks, too.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tiger so impressive

And in control of his driver.!!...
Great scenes at the end of the Tour Champs with the crowds rushing the fairway.
Well we predicted in this thread he would win before the end of the year and so it came to pass.

Can't see the Europeans lining up volunteering to play him in the singles next Sunday.

Real shame the Ryder Cup is being played on what is a very American TPC style course when there are some real beautifical courses on the NW French coastline.
Its not even rated in the top 10 courses in france. Its all about easy access for everyone....

I predict the US to win the match, several of the players on both sides look really tired this weekend and some a bit out of form after what has been a long season. But I don't expect Garcia or Stenson to perform, both bang out of form and you can't carry two.

They should have put in an extra week of rest after the end of the Fedex... JT was saying they are on the plane to France tomorrow.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredible! What a gallery yesterday! When is the last time you have seen such a frenzy?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a turn around from yesterday morning.
Poulter carrying Rahm who has been pretty disappointing.
Fleetwood proving himself as real world star of the game.
Only JS and JT standing up for the US.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because thanks to him golf has gained such popularity in the world!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does everyone think of the Tiger Vs Mickelson match coming up in November? It seems to be getting bad press but it will be hard not to watch this match up. It will be very awkward watching if they keep the format they have planned.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that neither managed to win a point at the Ryder Cup has sort of dented the credibility of the match as anything of importance. Its just a side show for me.

You Yanks have been really quiet recently. Mind you not a lot going on in the golfing world at the moment.

The winner of the British Masters Eddie Pepperall had an unusual hole in 1 in the event. He dunked the tee shot straight in the cup, it bounced out to about a foot away and then spun back in again. Holed it twice!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What does everyone think of the Tiger Vs Mickelson match coming up in November? It seems to be getting bad press but it will be hard not to watch this match up. It will be very awkward watching if they keep the format they have planned.

Wouldn't walk across the street to watch Phil. :motz:

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd best round of the year

This was yesterday at my home Club the Three Locks GC in the UK . I also had a gross 68 at another venue nearby. It's mostly all flat stick though I'm a 5 handicapper with a 10 long game and a scratch short game

Looking forward to seeing what Tiger brings to the table in 2019.

Attachments

• 69 detail.JPG
    69 detail.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really surprised Tiger is having success again he really looked done

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was yesterday at my home Club the Three Locks GC in the UK . I also had a gross 68 at another venue nearby. It's mostly all flat stick though I'm a 5 handicapper with a 10 long game and a scratch short game

Looking forward to seeing what Tiger brings to the table in 2019.

Impressive!

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did alright betting on the golf in the summer. Usually id bet on sat. night for someone I thought would be top 10. Rose was usually my go to guy, or was it Scott, I always get them mixed up. Anyway, its ‘ easy money ‘ , not very many of the perennial top 10s van der velde very often.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump.

How's everyone liking the PGA tour so far? I think it is having a great start! I plan on attending the Arnold Palmer and the Players this year.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bet on on berger/j thomas and bubba watson to win waste open

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fancy one of the younger in form players to win the Masters. Fowler, Rahm, McIroy, are my top 3 followed by Rose and Thomas for my top 5. They dominated last year and I expect the same again.
6th-10th. DJ (can't chip, prone to big errors), Fleetwood (well down the putting stats), Molinari (never featured on this course), Woods (down the putting stats), Casey (erratic, bottler). 11th-16th Reed (no form), C Smith (course horse), Speith (no form but still a dark horse), Leishman, Koepka (never featured on this course), my outsider would be Kisner.
Golf is a form game, you dont just find it, especially at Augusta.

Looking at the putting stats I cant see Tiger in the top 4.
Mickleson and Bubba in woeful form not even considering them at the moment.