Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phil intentionally putts a moving ball, his explanation:
“Look, I don’t mean disrespect by anybody,” Mickelson said on FOX Sports’ broadcast. “I know it’s a two-shot penalty. At that time, I didn’t feel like going back and forth and hitting the same shot over. I took the two-shot penalty and moved on. It’s my understanding of the rules. I’ve had multiple times where I’ve wanted to do that. I just finally did.”
My take is he's absolutely sick of this course. I think a lot of the players would agree.

I'm going to agree with Phil's wife & give him a pass on this one, based on his long time positive impact on the game, but I still call BS on his lame excuse, he just lost it.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Glad to see Bubba Watson pick up the Travelers win, he's really come a long way getting his game back in shape. I other news, Dechambeau using a 'compass'. Yeah, I thought at first that meant north/south type, but no, he's splitting hairs and doing math to get an ultimate read on pin locations:
https://golfweek.com/2018/06/24/pga-tour-reportedly-looking-into-bryson-dechambeau-use-of-compass/
They may ban its use, but at least he's not using one of those golf binoculars(that would be bad...).

When Bubba Watson is on his game he is an absolute joy to watch.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two rounds in the 60's, you're out!

I'm always in awe of the skills of pro golfers, and like to make note when a player shoots back to back rounds in the 60's and gets the boot. And the Snedeker Trophy goes to...Ethan Tracy with dual 69's(never heard of him, but it's quite an accomplishment, congratulations).
https://www.pga.com/news/golf-leaderboard/pga-tour-leaderboard

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude is way under par

Watching Michael Kim just tear up the John Deere field at -26 with basically the whole back nine to go. Guess I can see why the big name players stayed away- they can't hang with that?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There has been no rain in most of the UK including Carnoustie for nearly 6 weeks. The courses are rock hard and playing short and the rough is thinner than usual. This will really widen the field capable of winning at the Open.
I'm not betting on this one.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
British Open picks

I kinda like Brooks Koepka to win this one, Spieth top five and right there on Sunday with a chance to go back to back. No miracle from Woods or Mickelson, but I think Tiger will take the rivalry in this one and flash some of the old magic.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad I found this thread...

I am obsessed with golf. I enjoy playing it and have been working on my game. Luckily I can play for free at my home course if I walk. I have worked my way down to a 12 handicap. Nothing to brag about but I have come a long way!

I also enjoy going to PGA events. I have had the pleasure of going to the Honda Classic, the Arnold Palmer Invitational and The Players this year!

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still seething that the BBC sold the viewing rights to the Open to sky sports. That's another generation of youngsters in the UK who will never see the game played at the top level.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any guesses on who's going to win the Open? I think Tiger will place in top 5...

DefinitelyNOTaMurderer

DefinitelyNOTaMurderer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods is FAR from ranked #1 now though, it just goes to show you how things can change in the world of sports in such a short amount of time. With all of the rising talent in golf nowadays I would be shocked if Tiger ever wins another major IMO.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone watching today? Some incredible stuff going on. Tiger is making a great run and Spieth just drove the first Par 4 hole and made his put for eagle!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger, Spieth, Woods, Mickelson, Phil... oh the drama

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods is FAR from ranked #1 now though, it just goes to show you how things can change in the world of sports in such a short amount of time. With all of the rising talent in golf nowadays I would be shocked if Tiger ever wins another major IMO.
uh, he barely the last two years because of his back. he started the year at 656th and is currently 71st. pretty obvious which way he's heading.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Tiger Tiger

Wow, Tiger could really do this. Thru nine holes, Sunday at The Open, tied for the lead... just wow man. My Koepka pick didn't pan out, but this sure looks like a fun finish ahead.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I called it! Just a few more putts made and Tiger would have won this thing...happy for Italy and their first Open!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel like I should've seen the flying Molinari brother coming for the Claret Jug. The guy has been so steady lately, he's got a mature golf game and the nerve of a veteran to boot.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I am just really enjoying golf right now...although my kids and wife still don't understand how I watch it on TV...

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came 2nd in my Club Champs 78 77 v winners 78 76 (gross scores)
Congrats to Molinari. He's best in the world tee to green at the moment and seems to have improved his putting somewhat which was what always appeared to be holding him back from winning at the top level. His brother is a great putter with no long consistent long game.

It's great to see Tiger back and firing. Tbh I didn't think he would ever get back to this level but he has, it's great for the game and I expect to see him back in the winners circle at least once before the end of the year.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came 2nd in my Club Champs 78 77 v winners 78 76 (gross scores)
Congrats to Molinari. He's best in the world tee to green at the moment and seems to have improved his putting somewhat which was what always appeared to be holding him back from winning at the top level. His brother is a great putter with no long consistent long game.

It's great to see Tiger back and firing. Tbh I didn't think he would ever get back to this level but he has, it's great for the game and I expect to see him back in the winners circle at least once before the end of the year.

I agree I think Tiger will definitely have a win on the tour with the next 365 days.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger n Phil -4

Woods vs Mickelson, heating up!

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tiger seems to be in a habit of ruining a good rd by getting a bogey on 18.