Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Justin Thomas (winner of last year's PGA Championship) back to #2 in the world after his win at the Bridgestone. DJ still #1 with a commanding lead heading into the final major of the year.
http://www.owgr.com/ranking

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Justin Thomas (winner of last year's PGA Championship) back to #2 in the world after his win at the Bridgestone. DJ still #1 with a commanding lead heading into the final major of the year.

http://www.owgr.com/ranking

It's been a good year for golf! Not many people like JT because they see him as a snobby kid who was bread to play but I like him! I am hoping he battles it out and goes back to back majors like Koepka.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last major of the year. tommy fleetwood at 25-1 is the bet.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a good PGA championship Saturday?! Really loving this last major...

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger prowling

What a good PGA championship Saturday?! Really loving this last major...
Tiger is right there in the hunt. Anybody that thinks he can't win another major is crazy. Should be a great final round, agreed!

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woods and Mickelson did a show a few times before. But there's no comparison the woods have when they double the titles as compares.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excited for today! Too many people to root for! Fowler's first major? Tiger's comeback? JT back to back????

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man Tiger had himself set up and might of just blown it on 17. Once again it's the driver that is failing him but still waiting to see if he can bail it out.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger burned bright

Man Tiger had himself set up and might of just blown it on 17. Once again it's the driver that is failing him but still waiting to see if he can bail it out.
Total proof that he can win more majors. Tiger's lipout putt on hole one could have shaped his round but it did not. Trouble is, in the old days, the competition couldn't hold a candle to what he was doing, they would simply lay down. Tiger is up against a larger pool of greater talent today. I'm very impressed with how he's holding up against it.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's showed the ability to almost win a major without even knowing where his driver is gonna hit the ball. If he can even just loft that thing out into the fairway on his drives I see potential major wins in his future.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New WGR, #1 is not safe

Brooks Koepka passes Justin Thomas for the second spot. Koepka is about to sneak up on DJ, didn't see that one coming. Tiger up to #26 from 51 with the awesome finish at the PGA, still 4 spots lower than Phil! Great Sunday round, great golf and drama. Return of Tiger is good for golf.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger back is just so important for golf. He brings all the coverage and viewers to a sport that needs new fans. Without him the most the average person sees is some sportscenter highlights of whoever won the tournament.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel bad for koepka the guy just won a major and all they do on CBS is talk about the guy who came in second. I know, i know its tiger and he is back but hold all the ass kissing and adulations to when he actually WINS then you can drop to your knees and show your love

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What a great finish! Tiger definitely jacked up the crowd!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger frenzy

I feel bad for koepka the guy just won a major and all they do on CBS is talk about the guy who came in second. I know, i know its tiger and he is back but hold all the ass kissing and adulations to when he actually WINS then you can drop to your knees and show your love
I know what you mean. When Tiger was first 'coming back' there was massive coverage even when he wasn't in the mix. Get ready to see it at an all new level if he can continue to score like this. There was definitely a lot of the old magic in that Sunday round.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the most exciting golf I've seen in a while. Great to see Tiger in the hunt and Brooks Koepka was just not going to be denied. Lots of great shots all weekend.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny how Koepka has won 3 majors, and 1 regular PGA Tour event! Guy is clutch under pressure. I'm happy with how Tiger played. He's now 26th in the OWGR, started the year at 668. Pretty crazy rise! Hopefully he can win a tournament soon. FedEx Cup is coming up...it would be nice if he made the Tour Championship and won it all!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brooks Koepka

It's funny how Koepka has won 3 majors, and 1 regular PGA Tour event! Guy is clutch under pressure. I'm happy with how Tiger played. He's now 26th in the OWGR, started the year at 668. Pretty crazy rise! Hopefully he can win a tournament soon. FedEx Cup is coming up...it would be nice if he made the Tour Championship and won it all!
Watching that final round, Koepka missed a lot of putts that would have put him that much further out from the field. Add him to the list of youngbloods that could crush this game.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm looking forward to the playoffs. I think Brooks finally realized if he treats every tournament like a major he can rise in the rankings quickly.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The buzz around golf would be insane if you had guys like DJ, Tiger, Spieth, Koepka, and JT all in the top 5 world rankings.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
state of golf

The buzz around golf would be insane if you had guys like DJ, Tiger, Spieth, Koepka, and JT all in the top 5 world rankings.
Close enough, and it seems so long until the next major.