Golf

D

dkb15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not going to lie. Nothing was on a couple of days ago. It has got to be one of the most boring things I have ever watched. But kuddos to you guys for following it, honestly.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super

I am not going to lie. Nothing was on a couple of days ago. It has got to be one of the most boring things I have ever watched. But kuddos to you guys for following it, honestly.
Thanks

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not going to lie I find your comment completely uninformative and irrelevant. Why bother posting to a thread you have no interest in.
Move on buddy and spout your poison elsewhere.

Yeah Grill it's a few weeks since the Masters now. I'd expect a decent turn out as a tune up to the Players so it's a bit odd DJ isn't playing. Mind you I don't think sawgrass is a good course for him either.
I can't see the attraction of the Zurich event for the top dogs either. I'm surprised Rose and Stenson turned out.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uggh not the PGA this week, skipped ahead just a wee bit, that ain't til August geez. TPC at Sawgrass, and it should be a great one. Woods, Mickelson, Fowler grouped in round one, nice.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Career records and statistics[edit]

• Woods has won 79 official PGA Tour events, second only to Sam Snead, and six ahead of Jack Nicklaus with 73 wins. (See List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins.)
  • Woods has won 14 majors, second all time, behind Jack Nicklaus.
  • Woods is 14–1 when going into the final round of a major with at least a share of the lead.
  • Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17.[1]
  • Woods has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history.
  • Woods has amassed the most career earnings of any player in PGA Tour history (even after inflation is considered).
  • Woods is one of five players (along with Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, and Jack Nicklaus) to have won all four professional major championships in his career, known as the Career Grand Slam, and was the youngest to do so.[2]
  • Woods is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".
  • Woods set the all-time PGA Tour record for most consecutive cuts made, with 142. The streak started in 1998, he set the record at the 2003 Tour Championship with 114 (passing Byron Nelson's previous record of 113 and Jack Nicklaus at 105) and extended this mark to 142 before it ended on May 13, 2005 at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Many consider this to be one of the most remarkable golf accomplishments of all time, given the margin by which he broke the old record and given that during the streak, the next longest streak by any other player was usually only in the 10s or 20s.[3][4][5][6] It should be noted that when Byron Nelson played far fewer players made the cut in a given event.[citation needed]
  • Woods has won a record 25.2% (79 out of 313) of his professional starts on the PGA Tour.
  • Woods is the only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times (1994–96).

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woods started winning early and really crammed a lot of success into about 11 years of golf, no doubt about it. I know people who aren't Tiger fans, but you have to believe his return to the game is good for it. I'm a Nicklaus fan, but still rooting for Tiger to reach the majors record. Thanks for the stats, Leo, good stuff.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought you meant this tournament going on now. i'm well aware of his career lol.

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making a run

Tiger is making a run at the Players today. Webb is still leading but is uncertain, so just shooting even.

Go Tiger!!

Sippy :)

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Webb just needs to par out the back nine, he got off to such a head start. Great to see Tiger play so well amongst the star studded field, impressive!

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger is washed up. He's done, while Phil is still relevant and winning. He'll take the number 1 spot shortly.

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are all amazing players and very talented its tought to predict who will be on their game when the rounds start. I do enjoy golf :)

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golfers have the hottest wives, no matter what - good for them

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeez golf sorry do not follow it so no opinion on Tiger and the rest but when i think of that sport have visions of myself and pals 30 years ago snotty nosed kids age 8 or 9 standing on top of my friends mothers shed elevated tee in position and doing our best with the 20 golf balls his father had to hit houses 2 streets away and cheer when we hit a window little rugrats youth is wasted on the young.

Last edited:
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched some coverage today on TV at TPC Sawgrass. The course looks as incredible as ever. Nice final run by many duffers to even catch a sniff of Simpson.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a mouthful of golf

Jeez golf sorry do not follow it so no opinion on Tiger and the rest but when i think of that sport have visions of myself and pals 30 years ago snotty nosed kids age 8 or 9 standing on top of my friends mothers shed elevated tee in position and doing our best with the 20 golf balls his father had to hit houses 2 streets away and cheer when we hit a window little rugrats youth is wasted on the young.
Man, that's funny! Did you guys really break any windows? I used to hit ball around the yard when I was a kid, we made a 'course' out of it. Came really close to breaking windows when I tried to go for it in 1 shot over the house, not a good idea. Had a better 'course' laid out in a big park by my grandmother's house. Had creeks and trees galore to shoot around and over.

DANQA

DANQA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never understood this sport( maybe someone is up to speed?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jumping into golf

I never understood this sport( maybe someone is up to speed?
If you're new to viewing golf, I suggest watching the last nine holes of a final round, especially the bigger tournaments with solid fields. To me it's like watching baseball - hard to watch from start to finish. The finish is the best part, when the drama completely unfolds.

DANQA

DANQA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're new to viewing golf, I suggest watching the last nine holes of a final round, especially the bigger tournaments with solid fields. To me it's like watching baseball - hard to watch from start to finish. The finish is the best part, when the drama completely unfolds.
okay, thank you very much.Really, when you look over, gets boring:)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, that's funny! Did you guys really break any windows? I used to hit ball around the yard when I was a kid, we made a 'course' out of it. Came really close to breaking windows when I tried to go for it in 1 shot over the house, not a good idea. Had a better 'course' laid out in a big park by my grandmother's house. Had creeks and trees galore to shoot around and over.

Yes sounds like good times pity lost interest when got older wow lot of love for golf thread one more post Grilldoggy and you got that bad boy thread to a thousand posts well done:D:D