Golf

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woods in his prime was way more dominant than Phil ... Phil is great but really was never a contest.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger will forever be the GOAT of golf, he is in a league by himself and no one else. Bubba Watson has a great chance of being in the same category but he has a good 10 years of winning before he can do that. Don't argue with me its FACTS.

P

PapesOnlyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger woods sucks balls now brahhh

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume Tiger is going to play more events, biding his time and sharpening his game. Good to see Phil play so well at Pebble Beach, I guess he always does. Enjoyed the coverage, incredible picturesque course and fun to see the amateurs whack it around too.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice win for Bubba Watson, didn't realize he considered retiring. Golf is a scary game - here's a guy who won The Masters just a few years ago questioning his own skills. Don't call it a comeback.

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shame to say but I do not even know the rules of golf. I do not understand its popularity.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice win for Bubba Watson, didn't realize he considered retiring. Golf is a scary game - here's a guy who won The Masters just a few years ago questioning his own skills. Don't call it a comeback.

I remember it well.
I've had good results backing the lefties in the Masters. It's much easier for them to hit controlled fades around that course than the right handers having to draw it. Suits Mickleson in particular, and remember Mike Weir... yep another one.
Zac Johnson is a big drawer which suits as was Els, I can't believe he never won it.
The right handed faders like Monty and Kaymer never made a cut.
It seems an age since Garcia won last year. I hope Justin Rose can go one better and I can't believe McIlroy will never win it with his high draw, he has to feature if he's in form.

Attachments

• bubba.jpg
    bubba.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 12
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Justin Thomas winning the Honda - pretty sure I just heard him say "f*** yeah" on live tv

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mickelson on top again

Phil is playing some great golf, actually up to #18 in the world with a bullet - and to top Justin Thomas, incredible. JT continues to inch towards topping Dustin Johnson for the number one spot. Now we just need to get Tiger back in the rotation.http://www.owgr.com/ranking

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I listened to the whole final round on pga radio.Really pleased for Mickleson, I think you can safely get some money on him for top 5 at the Masters.

Disappointed that Hatton 3putted the final green to fall out of the playoff. What a brilliant eagle he made on 15. Usually his putting is fearless, look for him at Augusta if his good form continues.

JT surely a hall of famer in the making. What a way to finish just barely believeable.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's go Tiger!! Hopefully he does well today so he can be in contention on Sunday!

Also, random side note here. Chris Couch returned to the PGA Tour this week. He hasn't played since 2012 because of a back injury. All he did was shoot +1 for 2 rounds and made the cut! That's SUPER impressive, considering how long he has been out. I hope he has a good weekend, and can get enough money from his Medical Extension to keep his Tour Card!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The crowds at the Vaspar Championship are huge with Tiger playing well! Sunday could be a frenzy if Tiger remains on the Leaderboard. I will be keeping my eye on it.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hoping the Canuck Conners can lock it down this weekend. My friend was on the same team as Conners for one year at Kent State University.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine the luck of Corey Conners - in position to win a PGA event for the first time, and who comes along but Tiger Woods himself. And yet, Tiger is also struggling to break through.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger getting it together!

So good for golf that Tiger is back, his swing is solid. I hope his back holds up with all those big rips. Rest of the game will come together with a little time. Kind of wish Mickelson was at the Valspar, but we have that 'rivalry' to look forward to very soon again. Will be fun to see just how much Tiger rises in the world rankings going forward.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rory back in top ten

Rory McIlroy finally showed he also hasn't gone away for good, and he's back in the wgr top ten. Another great showing from Tiger. Bryson DeChambeau and his dirty rice are playing well lately, looking to break through sooner than later.
http://www.owgr.com/ranking

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rory's run was incredible. A lot of clutch birdies down the stretch on some tough holes to keep Dechambeau and Stenson away.

Looking forward to watching the veterans play in Punta Cana this week. Love III, Furyk, Daly, Goosen, Weir, Cabrera, Choi, Appleby, Allenby, Sabbatini, Ogilvy, GMac all in the field.

J

joksic7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger was on the other side of the inch today

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Masters I'm ew on my top 5.
Mickleson. Bubba W. Mcllroy. Rose and Day. My outsider is Hatton the kid is a fearless putter.
Speith and Dustin J out of form. Tiger who knows, still a bit erratic off the tee and prone to big mistakes. I expect him to feature and top 10. Justin Thomas has never really featured at the Masters. I expect Paul Casey and Brian Harman to top 10 as well.