Golf

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tiger was a legend, but I guess repetition from smashing it so hard with heavy gym sessions and over active sex life has done him in. No sure surgery helps tbh its normally a quick fix for sports people over proper physio and rest.

He deserves to get fit and at least play without pain, whether he's upset he can't compete might be an issue.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Near dominant future of golf is Matsuyama, Spieth, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, DJohnson. Lots of hangers-on, none too dominant.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sergio Garcia sat out first round of FedEx playoffs (Northern Trust). I don't have a complete grasp of this FedEx playoff concept. Does this mean Garcia is out of the running? I don't think so, but if someone could clear this up for me...

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last week you needed to be top 100 to play this week. Not a fan and no interest in the fed ex tbh, no idea as not watched it today or yesterday probably top 75-50 play next week ?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good video - Justin Thomas seems destined for an amazing career. Watched him get over-emotional in a few spots, but I believe with time his game will mature and be almost impenetrable.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fed Ex playoffs have been some great golf. Wish the fields were this competitive and motivated week to week.

STALKE88

STALKE88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool golf game, really want to try, but very expensive for us.😣

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed the play offs work, but watching crans sur sierre the classic tour event still has its place

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well put, lcid86. The FedEx 'playoffs' have lead to some star-studded leaderboards. Justin Thomas' huge win last week really showcased his talent too. The format, however contrived, offers enough cash to motivate even the richest tour player.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, missing golf, even though we've got football. BMW Championship coming up, Sept 14-17.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keegan Bradley on the leaderboard at the BMW, haven't seen that name in contention for a while. There's Phil at -5, nice!

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leishman played well over the weekend 👍 happy for him after all his issues over the last few years. LPGA evian major was a good watch. Weather turned nice for the playoff ☔

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'Stadium' Channel, over the air(antenna) and online, is airing golf replays. Currently the 2015-16 season 'wraparound'. Not bad for free tv - they also cover college and pro football and carry some live college games.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This year's finale seems anti-climactic compared to years past.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed turned it off with 4 holes to play. Glad the rookie won 👍⛳

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger is the best in this sport and there are no comments really.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger was the best

When Tiger ruled golf, Tiger was the best. His accomplishments in the sport put him squarely in the conversation of the best golfers ever. Any tournament he plays in going forward will be a real spectacle, but I'm not sure he's willing to make a spectacle of himself any more.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The amount of pain killers Tiger was taking when he was arrested for driving under the influence shows how much long term pain he's been in. I can't see him getting back to the top of the game now, I think he's physically a spent force.
For me who witnessed Tigers whole career I think he was technically better than Nicklaus and certainly had a better short game. I remember sitting in the clubhouse discussing the rising Tiger with an older friend back in 1996, he said "You should watch this kid he drives it miles and putts like an Angel he's going to win a bunch of majors"
I'm old (54 now) enough to remember Jack's win at the Masters in 86 but I'm not old enough to really understand how he dominated his era. With 117 career wins he was certainly as dominant as Tiger later went on to be (106 career wins).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._by_Jack_Nicklaus#Professional_wins_.28117.29

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You wonder if the family suffer with back issues, nearing 42 tiger should be as fit as a fiddle. Never carried any weight worked out a lot. I guess the old rule your actually wearing yourself out over excercing than doing good.

Pain killers aren't good, people need to learn to rest and recover over pill popping. I hope he comes back on the seniors tour and enjoys playing for fun 🙏

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any game depends not only on experience, but also on luck !!!!:зло:

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notsure how people watch it ,highlights sure ,playing it ok but unless you need to catch up on extra sleep cant do it :)