Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel like if DJ is consistent, top ten is easy bet. To win is harder to foresee. Longshot pick, Zach Johnson. Bet on the Johnsons.

R

robcubus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are more players with more probabillities than Phil,.. He is the best,.. only by now

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fowler played well in US Open starting round. Interesting field!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still alive with Zach Johnson - World #1 Dustin, out! Good thing Fowler had a hot first round, no way to keep up that kind of scoring at these US Open courses. Rickie's putting is atrocious on this 2nd round Friday.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First 5 names I mentioned were a disaster.

Matsuyama, Fowler and Garcia are all in position to make a run though and I have Casey on a few of my fantasy lineups.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly as a Brit I'm cheering for Fleetwood but it's wide open. I like the fact that this course really suits the guys that are in form and catches out the guys whose game is a little off. The top 20 is rammed with people who have won events this year including the young Korean winner of the Players.
I don't normally bet on this event, I wish I hadn't none of my picks are anywhere.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US Open always wide open, as the name suggests. We've been seeing Brooks Koepka hang around and now he slams it home in a major. Wish Mickelson didn't have a conflict, he was playing some good golf. Course wasn't as difficult as advertised.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting tournament this week at the Quicken Loans National. It's a different course, and David Lingmerth is winning at -10 after 2 rounds. Ironically, he is one of the only players to have experience on the course, as he won a Web.Com tourney there in 2012. Not many players near him on the leaderboard though...and the cut is +4!

Interesting name on the leaderboard that I'll be rooting for this weekend. Arjun Atwal. Former winner with no status on tour. Since this is Tiger's tournament, he got in on a Sponsor's Exemption (good friends with Tiger). Atwal is tied for 4th at -5. I hope he plays awesome on the weekend and gets a big time finish.

If he finishes in the Top 10, he earns a spot at The Greenbriar Classic. He also would be close to a Web.Com Finals spot, depending on how he finishes. But best of all, the top 4 players in this tournament who aren't in The Open Championship, get in! He needs to get solo 4th as he would lose the tiebreaker due to his low World Ranking (1008!). To go from a Sponsor's Exemption to an Open Championship spot would be so sick!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surprised at how tough TPC Potomac is playing... haven't seen scores this high at a non-major PGATour event in a while

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How good is Tommy Fleetwood I need his swing 👍 interesting how he talks about his phycologists a lot in interviews. Think we all would benefit from some mental health training.

Who you fancy for the British open ?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good one, Ricey. Golf tends to cause enough mental anguish to warrant a good head shrinker.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm on the case grill 👍 and it seems to be working already 😀 Rory for the open

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
McIlroy had a bad first round at the Irish Open on an easy course where over half the field is well under par. He just needs to play and get some confidence, i'm not betting on him anytime soon

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rory will come good, it happens to all the good players - Westwood had a bad times a few years back.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rahm absolutely mullering links golf , 24 under par, perfectly slightly soft conditions for him, holed out from the fairway for eagle and holing a lot of putts, he seems to like the slightly slower links greens. He's going to be one of the favourites in the Open betting after this display.
Sorry Ricey imo Rory has little chance of winning the Open, in fact I reckon he's more likely to miss the cut than finish top 10. He misses the cut in his last two events and can't hole a putt......golf is a form game and his short game isn't match fit.
Fleetwood is in awesome form as well and will surely contend.
Rose not far behind in ireland at tied 4th at 17 under, decent form.

Last edited:
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
British Open picks

Yeah, I don't like the short odds on McIlroy either. Just no momentum to believe he's going to contend. I'll take Mickelson, long odds on Zach Johnson. Really enjoy this championship!

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No idea who's coaching Rory and his putting? Its not working whoever is doing it :-(

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Garcia, Matsuyama and Berger this week. All pretty accurate off the tee and in good form. Kuchar is my dark horse.

Stricker could be in a for good week as a sleeper. I also would put money on Ryan Fox to finish in the top 10 as he is coming off a T4 in Ireland and a T4 in Scotland in the last two weeks.

Stats really like Charles Howell III who is a good scrambler, leads the tour in bogey avoidance and is in good form as well but I don't know if I can fully trust him this week as he hasn't had much major experience recently.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm each way on Rahm and Fleetwood, both on hot form and my outsider is Zac J.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wishful thinking picks aren't working out early on - Mickelson and Zach Johnson over par. Nice to see the trio of Americans at the top though. Rooting for Kuchar especially.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speith looking strong and focused and will be difficult to beat. Should be an interesting day Saturday without any real wind.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Props to Rory McIlroy - he's getting it together at the right time. Nice weather 3rd round, course looks great, under attack!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd round finish looked like Kuchar would gain a stroke on Spieth - nope. Spieth big putt and Kuchar narrow miss a really big turning point and momentum into the final round. Gonna take a huge round to overtake Jordan if you ask me.