Golf

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kudos to Jordan for battling back. My picks didn't do too badly. Fox missed the cut by 1, but Kuch came 2nd, Matsuyama was in the hunt for a while before fizzling to T14 and Berger/Stricker/Garcia were in the top 40

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dustin Johnson is officially the #1 golfer in the world, but it's pretty clear who's playing the best golf. I just love the random nature of links golf, and Jordan Spieth sure continued that tradition in taking 20 minutes plus to take one shot that defined his tournament. Looked like he might fold early, but that was not the case. Those long putts late in the tournament were incredible.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somehow I managed to pick up with Rory after round one my money was burned. Good signs for him. Jason day is completely off with no signs of a good round let alone four. US PGA winner then 😱

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm very impressed with Speith he thoroughly deserved the victory. He just has that ability to get the ball in the hole that others don't.
His iron play is also intriguing it's like he holds the club face open longer than most and almost chicken wings it for a fraction with a high left elbow before release . No doubt more loft and spin imparted and why he landed so many iron shots so softly around the pins

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dustin Checks In

World #1 Dustin Johnson at 12 under heading into final round of the RBC Canadian. It's about time he competed for something, if he's ready to keep his spot.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How good is Langer ? Seniors is so boring, he never let's anyone win 👏

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know Ricey, don't know why Langer is so much better than the rest of the seniors, but he is. I tuned into coverage with the guess that he would be in the lead, that's exactly what I got. Hard to explain, but hats off to the guy.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to see Corey Pavin out on the course and still using his bullseye! I had one of those many moons ago.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
World #1 Dustin Johnson at 12 under heading into final round of the RBC Canadian. It's about time he competed for something, if he's ready to keep his spot.

Well, he's going to keep his spot for a long time... he's so far ahead of Spieth, and Spieth is a fair bit ahead of the next bunch of golfers.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to see Corey Pavin out on the course and still using his bullseye! I had one of those many moons ago.
Same here think they mentioned the satin shaft 👍 had both like most putters traded in for something new #Mistake

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know Ricey, don't know why Langer is so much better than the rest of the seniors, but he is. I tuned into coverage with the guess that he would be in the lead, that's exactly what I got. Hard to explain, but hats off to the guy.
Strange I guess he's just awesome at course management, hits it OK but not super long but zones in those irons.

Did you see his bag ? He's got a mixture of clubs all battered

https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-bernhard-langer#11

Change is not good it seems, keep the bling

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great article pointing to the secret of Langer's success:
http://www.pgatour.com/champions/news/2014/10/28/bernhard-langer-exercise-diet.html
I find it strange that a guy who had back problems at 19, including bulging discs, bad neck, bad lower back, would find such good health and dominate his profession at the age of 57. People ask him how he stays so slim, and he says he eats every 3 hours. He's a stretcher, an exerciser, a protein eater. Doesn't hurt to be a great golfer either.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the eating every 3 hours idea 👍

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99th PGA starts Thursday, might back Rory again ☔ the open he looked like he is slowly getting there - loving the shorts action in practice

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah Rory finally started holing some good putts if it's a tough track T2G he should be one of the favs.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McIlroy's hardly back, but I feel like he's got a spark going. Looking for Dustin Johnson to go low next 2 rounds.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because Phil is just a man, but Tiger Woods is also a tiger and a drunk driver.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kisner going well I'd like him to go big 👍 my bets are average Rahm, Rory, Webb Simpson as local 😕

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger is very good for the game but i think karma has something to do with all his injuries.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only a matter of time before Thomas won, nice to see and only good for the game all these youngsters winning early. Being mid 40s I remember you needed to be mid 30s before you dominated the world #Faldo #Norman etc not these days so much mind coaching has helped them learn so much quicker 👍

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tuned in just in time to see the JT tee shot and birdie on 17th. Now that was getting the job done under pressure.
He has terrific width in his swing.
Matzuyama looked completely frazzled not surprising really after the energy used winning last week and then having to concentrate so hard on Quail's monster greens. I like seeing winning scores less than -10 in majors it really sorts out the class from the also rans. You want to see every part of the game tested.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger & Phil

Who still thinks Tiger has a chance against such stiff competition - and imagine a new generation coming in to challenge that one. Would also love to see Phil get another major, but time is running out.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult winning back to back with a class field, Matsuyama continues to impress 👍

Tiger won't compete with these guys, think best plan is the seniors tour in 6-7 years time, recover and enjoy the game he gave so much for (and took 🎯)

Michelson never sure, he's out of sync but still hits it long and if the short game kicks in can be lethal on his day but does he have four rounds in the tank in his late 40s ? Jesus 3-4 yrs time the seniors will be amazing for my era #44

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger & Phil Seniors

Ricey, I hadn't even thought of that, but you're exactly right. I could see Tiger doing quite well on the Seniors tour, as long as Langer is out of the picture. Just kidding about Langer, of course, but why not.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger was really good in the past.... Then the affair with another woman seemed to distract his game.
Now, I see that he had 5 drugs in his system when he was last arrested. Think his game is over....