College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7-1 tonight

Happy with the tally, but I am a bit mad about the loss. Not because it lost, but how it lost. Ucf just clocked the whole second half... you have that historic senior class for your program playing their last home game and you play like a bitch the whole second half??? Wtf is that all about. Send them off on a really high note, run that score up, let them remember that moment. But naa... let's just clock. It really got me heated.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday (1-2) -$100 /-1.0 Units Overall (88-101-6) -$1300/ -13.00 Units

Recap - Vtech loses 1st time to Virginia in 13 tries (0-1), Cincy covered the 12 (1-0) and Arkansas St. played sub par losing to South Alabama (0-1)

Saturday -

Michigan (+9) @ Home vs Ohio St. - Wolverines playing well - may be over 100,000 in Ann Arbor today :)

Clemson (-27.5) @ South Carolina - Tigers too much for Game****s - maybe 56-14

Illinois (-6.5) @ Home vs NW - Illini covered 6 straight - don't know why line dropped 2 points

Wake Forest (-5) @ Syracuse - Orangemen have not lived up to potential this season

Alabama (-3.5) @ Auburn - Tide need big win to impress judges

Wisconsin (-3) @ Minnesota - huge battle - Badgers been in this situation before

Oregon St (+19.5) @ Oregon - Beavers are good defensive team - too many points imo

Kansas St (+4) @ Home vs Iowa St. - Wildcats can play well at home

Florida St. (+17.5) @ Florida - awful high spread for such great athletes - rivalry

Oklahoma St (+13) @ Home vs Oklahoma - least favorite dogs but the rivalry is there

San Diego St (+5) @ Home vs BYU - like Aztecs as home town dog

San Jose St. (+2) @ Home vs Fresno St. - Spartans much improved - home dog

Hawaii (-3) @ Home vs Army - If Rainbows can hold Aztecs to 11 then ??

1 unit each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to dip into Alabama again mainly since it will be the game I'm watching 100 percent... and it's a fan bet.

Oklahoma -13
They need to win, and win big. It's all or nothing here for them. They have 2 games to try to look better than Utah because unfortunately for me, I don't think they will vote Alabama into 4th after the Lsu/Georgia game.

Baylor -13
Semi Kansas fade. I'm not in love with this game, because Baylor have no cfp hope now, but they have been way more consistent than kansas, who are all hit or miss. Baylor still had a big season, and I figure they will go big here.

There are some other lines I like, but they conflict with the iron bowl time wise, and I want to be focused on that.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm on Alabama first half -1 also. I just looked over my plays I posted and noticed I didn't mention it. The game has started, but it's only been 3 plays played. So I'm not conflicted about mentioning it now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just about to say I hate how they are using Jones so far, and that when they need a pass he isn't going to be ready. Had to delete what I was writing because that exact thing just happened for a pick 6. I me toned last week I hated how they only let Jones pass 12 times and he didn't even play the second half. Oh hell yeah, Bama just got the kick off return for a td. OK now watch next possession for bama. They need to let him start passing because he is going to feel pressured later in the game if his arm is needed but they haven't built him up to that point.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baylor Kansas over 20 second half. Seems low considering Baylor have scored 34 in the first half. the line in general makes no sense. I'll take them -7 also.

Alabama -1.5 second half
Because... that's all. Just because.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man... I'm gutted. That 3 points the refund gave auburn before the half... I knew that would come into play. That was bs. They couldn't have spiked the ball with a second left, and that's if they even got set up before the clock began to run. I did get out of the second half line, for math reasons, it wasn't possible to cover the line even if he hit the fg. They would have had to go to overtime and get a td to 0 which rarely happens. I refused to buy out of the game though for fan reasons. Auburn had all the breaks. That weird off the back 100 yard pick 6 was a 10 to 14 point swing. That pick 6 to start was just weird, but not a fluke thing like the off the back one. That fg at the end of haltime though was 100 percent bs though. Theread needs to be a rule for that. Then the end... I think there should be a rule for that too, like on 4th it's half the distance to the line. You have a huge game, that's also a rivalry game, and it ends with a before the play penalty... sucks for anyone watching. Sucks worse for me being a fan. IL be routing for lsu now, and oklahoMA since they have jalen. I hope Oklahoma get in and beat osu, and lsu beats Clemson.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utah -12.5 second half, and the over 23
I feel they will get talked up at halftime. They need to distance themselves from oklahoma. Winning by 10 here doesn't look so hot, especially if oklahoma goes over their cover in their game, which looks likely at the moment. They need this. I expect 21+ points from them in the second half and maybe a td or fg from Colorado.

Florida -6
Not in love with this given its a rivalry game and I could see it being even or close for the second half, but if they keep playing hard I think Florida should outscore them by dd.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oklahoma -4 second half
Same reasons as Utah. Winning by 7 isn't going to look so hot for them. They need some style.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
19-7 this week. 1 very sad buyout.

Loss - Miss State -2.5
Win - Georgia -27
Win - Ohio state -8.5
Loss - Alabama -3
Win - Alabama -1 first half
Loss -Michigan State -20
Win - Smu -3
Win - ND -14
Loss - Wake -4
Win - Colorado state +7.5 second half
Win - App state -10 hook
Win - Memphis -6.5 second half
Win - Iowa +122 live
Win - Missouri -2.5 live
Win - App state second half -4
Win - Ucf -23
Loss - Ucf -7 second half
Loss - Alabama -3 (double dip)
Win - Oklahoma -13
Win - Baylor -13
Win - Baylor -7 second half
Win - Baylor/Kansas over 20 second half
Win - Utah -12.5 second half
Win -Utah/colorado over 23 second half
Loss - Florida -6 second half
Win - Oklahoma -4 second half

Well my teams out, I can't believe none of these sports shows or the ewe are talking a out that fg at the end of halftime... I've never seen some be like that before. Stings a bit.

My big question is this. Is utah, who have played a pretty soft schedule, is their win over a 5-6 team by 30 points while playing at home better than Oklahoma's 18 point win over a 8-3 team, whole playing on the road?

I'm not wording it like that to be biased, that's just the facts of it. I would say no, but I don't think Oklahoma will be put in front of Utah this week. They will play a better ranked, better record team in their championship, but I think Oregon has better name recognition. Let's say a both games end 28-14, would you think utah or Oklahoma get that 4th spot (this is assuming osu, lsu, and Clemson have no issues in their conference championship games)?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lsu -7
There isn't such a huge difference in their stats overall. Some glaring differences of course, but overall it's close. I don't think it really is though I see lsu having an advantage in everything except defence, and I don't think that gap is necessarily huge. Georgia is banged up, they lost 3 key players last week, and if swift plays he won't be close to 100 percent, and will be getting hit more often and harder against lsu than he is used to, so he might not even make it out of the game if he does play. I think this is lsu's year and the only team I think that can beat them is Ohio state, and even then I think it's close to a toss up.

Thoughts on some other games
Memphis and cincy about the same line as they just had.

I hope Oklahoma drops to -7.

Utah at under a td is interesting. I'm not blown away by their offence, but they hit hard on the other side. I've thought Oregon was overrated especially this defence people somehow still talk about. What defence? I want Oregon to win this game, but I don't see that happening.

Osu -16
I don't think it will be the same as the first game, but I do think they cover. If chase young wouldn't had to sit out those games, I would give him the Heisman over burrows.

I'd really love Clemson to lose, but I don't see it happening, do they cover 30 though? Depends on which Virginia shows up, but I think they will cover the 29.

App states game total looks off by more than a bit to me.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last Saturday(7-6) +$100 /+1.0 Units Overall (95-107-6) -$1200/ -12.00 Units

Friday -

Oregon (+6.5) vs Utah in Santa Clara - Both teams score over 30 points a game and both teams only give 16 points a game on average - pretty close stats except for Utes run defense

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to double dip on Lsu since it's 6.5 now. Going to buy the hook at 6. So I have them at 6 and 7

I think tomorrow is more of a live betting day. If Wisconsin, virginia, Baylor and a few others score first, or get a quick out by who they are playing, the lines will fall to better spots. They are all off key numbers as of right now.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im betting on the ducks ml tonight i think they beat utah

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like Utah to lose so Oklahoma gets the 4th spot. Since Alabama is out, I'm cheering for the sec (lsu) a day for Jalen hurts. He was a classy guy at alabama, and since alabama is out, I'd like him to win, or at least have a shot to.

Going to hold off on this game until I watch a few possessions.
im betting on the ducks ml tonight i think they beat utah

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday (1-0) +$100 /+1.0 Units Overall (96-107-6) -$1100/ -11.00 Units

Saturday -

Baylor (+9) vs Oklahoma at AT&T Stadium - Defenses pretty close in stats - Bears only lost by 3 first time

Georgia (+7) vs LSU at Mercedes Benz Stadium - Bulldogs have a pretty good defense - game will be closer than people think - Tigers may be a little flat? :D

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waited for Baylor to get the ball over the 50 to dip the line that point, but I'm all over Oklahoma -6.5. I think I'll bet this again if Baylor score here and it drops further.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
App state second half, and over 30

Side note... worst defensive play of the year goes to that corner for oklahoma. Geez that was bad, haha.

Oklahoma live -2.5
Oklahoma -6 Second half
I made the 2.5 before half, I was hoping Baylor would leave more time than that, but either way I probably should take have bet the second half also. Baylor has the moment the and get the ball first. If they start moving the ball then that line would drop lower, which is what I should have waited for.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on Miami Ohio +289
Lot of value here for a quality team that's playing tough. Only down 4 and just got the ball.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That app state game has gone flat as hell real fast... that over is likely dead.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 points in 2 minutes and change, then app getting to mid field would let me buy out of the second half over by using the full game under with 1.5 points of overlap.

Baylor with a 81 yard score... what was that safety doing, when the ball was in the air, he ran to the opposite side of the field?? I'm going to further gamble on Oklahoma since it went from 3.5 to 2.5 on that failed third down.
I'm too invested in this game, but you gotta play to win I suppose.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are Oklahoma safetys doing??? 81 yarder, then an 80, both times the safety ran the opposite way after the ball was in the air.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wheeeeewwww... man, that was stressful. Best case scenario happened for me, every line I played there on Oklahoma won. Them getting it first was big because Baylor had to go for a td after. Man, I could have lost a ton there.
And wow, that app state over buy out is covering both the line and the buy out by half a point! Was not expecting that. On the other side... app state lost the second half, so that happening cost that bet which was a push before that late score.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miami Ohio with the come from behind underdog win, hell yeah. That was a big hit. I have to get on a plane in 35 minutes, unfortunately going to miss probably the whole first quarter of the lsu game, which is ironic considering I'm going to new orleans. So that's all for me for all bit.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man that took forever. I took lsu -3 second half, and I bet them live at -19.5. If anyone has a issue with these picks I will take them off my record if they win since I didn't have time to post them due to the situation. Anyone who frequents this thread knows I go heavy on teams I am on, like Oklahoma earlier. I bet them heavy to start the week and bet them again earlier today because I planned on being deep in this game, I just didn't expect the travel to take 2 hours when it should have took about a hour and 15 minutes from takeoff to hotel.

Edit.. didn't mean to put a winking face up there. I didn't click on it, and apparently you can't edit those out.

Last edited: