College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohio state pk
Down 14 to 0... but I just don't see osu losing here. Granted, I didn't see them down 14 to 0 almost at halftime, but I think they will calm down and get it in gear. On the other side, I see Wisconsin making mistakes and playing either nerves after osu gets going.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to be all over the osu second half but man that's a ugly line... and Wisconsin is super juiced, yet the line isn't moving. If it does drop to 10 I'll be on it, but I'm not doing 11, even though they get it first after the half a day it would be just a 1 possession game if they scored.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12-1 today

Wish I wasn't so anal about key numbers and such because I talked myself out of that osu second half, which only made sense to bet because I thought osu would still win, and they could have lost by 3 and won the second half...
App state was the only blemish, but I can't be mad at that because really, it was best case scenario how it worked out there. If they didn't give up that late td, I would have pushed 1, lost 1, and won 1, instead I got 2 wins and 1 loss.
Really happy about hitting that Miami Ohio moneyline.

Win - Lsu -7
Win - Lsu -6
Loss-App state -0.5 second half
Win - Oklahoma -6.5
Win - Oklahoma -2.5
Win - Oklahoma -6 second half
Win - Miami Ohio +289(hell yeah!!!)
Win - Oklahoma -3
Win - Laf/app state over 30 second half
Win - Laf/app state under 83.5 (was supposed to be a buy out)
Win - Lsu -3 second half
Win - Lsu -19.5 live
Win - Osu pk

Osu are still playing, but up 13 with a few minutes left. I'm about to go out for some night life in the quarters, so if osu end up losing somehow, I'll adjust it tomorrow night, or monday if I get busy tomorrow, which is likely.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Match ups for Final Four -

Oklahoma vs LSU

Ohio St vs Clemson

Love these games with a chance for a Clemson/LSU showdown

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to be all over the osu second half but man that's a ugly line... and Wisconsin is super juiced, yet the line isn't moving. If it does drop to 10 I'll be on it, but I'm not doing 11, even though they get it first after the half a day it would be just a 1 possession game if they scored.

My friend not only took it but sold it to -14 +140. Too bold for me but it panned. Looking forward to your bowl game selections. Im sure you will run hot.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have liked to see the flip of this. I want Lsu or Oklahoma to win, so them playing rules out the chance for them both being there. I'm surprised Clemson is a favorite in that game. I liked how osu responded to their first bit of adversity last game.

Match ups for Final Four -
Oklahoma vs LSU

Ohio St vs Clemson

Love these games with a chance for a Clemson/LSU showdown

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amazon gift card to the winner of Bowl Mania - posted in Facebook - it will grow!!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll check it out. I don't think I'd be really good at it. I'm super selective in the bowl games and playoffs. Less volume, and higher wagers. I'd be happy if I got 25 right.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Navy is -6 live
I still feel like they blow this open at some point even though they aren't playing a very inspired game thus far.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was good timing. Their next drive they scored with 6 seconds left. Theven game difference is really just off 2 runs by perry, a 55 and a 44 yard run. Army is playing better than I expected. I hope that second half line is 3 or under. I'd be all over it.

It's 5.5...
You know... I still kind of like it. They get the ball first second half and have gained some momentum.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so pumped for the bowl games i beat navy ml today

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a for sure push and a win in this game at worse right now, so I'm going to gamble -16.5. That's a bet that army won't score this drive (or the next if they get it twice)

Edit... hell yeah, 3 or 4 plays then army fumbled and navy got it. All I need is for them to drain the clock, or scoring would be nicer. I'll take either.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-0

31 unanswered points by navy and perry had 300 yards rushing on only 29 rushes. I bet the -10 line heavy, but man I wish I had gone heavy on the second half too.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st Bowl Games at a glance -

Friday -

Bahamas Bowl - Buffalo (-6.5) vs Charlotte - Only difference I see is Rushing/Rushing Allowed in favor of Buffalo - Both teams give up 31 points average - 49ers have covered last 4 out of 5 games

Frisco Bowl - Utah St. (-6.5) vs Kent St. - Aggies and Golden Flashes scoring stats almost identical - expect a close game - Golden Flashes have won and covered last 3 games

Saturday -

New mexico Bowl - San Diego St (-3.5) vs Central Michigan - Aztecs have scored 41 points total in 3 games - Aztecs win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1 - last game win 1 ?? next ?? Aztecs only giving up 73 yds rushing average per game

Cure Bowl - Georgia Southern (-4) vs Liberty - Flames lost to UMass during season - Eagles won their Bowl game last year - Flames giving up almost 200 yds on the ground per game

Boca Raton Bowl - SMU (-3) vs Florida Atlantic - Mustangs covered 1 out of last 5 games - Owls have covered 8 out of 11 games this year - Owls give up only 22 points a game average to Mustangs 31

Calmellia Bowl - Arkansas St (-2.5) vs Florida International - Panthers beat Rockets in Bahamas Bowl last year - Panthers have only covered once out of past 6 games - Red Wolves lost to Nevada last year in Arizona Bowl - Red Wolves have won 4 out of the last 5 games

Las Vegas Bowl - Washington (-3.5) vs Boise St. - Huskies lost to Ohio State 28-23 in last years Rose Bowl - Huskies only have won 2 of their last 5 - Broncos MWC champs - Both teams give up only 20 points a game on average

New Orleans Bowl - Appalachian St (-16.5) vs UAB - Mountaineers won New Orleans Bowl last year by 32 over MTSU - Mountaineers Sunbelt Champs winning 5 straight games - Blazers won Boca Raton Bowl last year - Blazers covered last 3 out of 4 games- App. St scores 40 points a game to UAB and their 23. Both defenses only give up 20 points a game on average.

Monday -

Gasparilla Bowl - UCF (-17) vs Marshall - UCF lost to LSU in Fiesta Bowl last year - Knights have won 6 out of last 7 games - Knights have only covered twice in 9 games - Thundering Herd beat USF in Gasparilla Bowl last year by 18 points - Points and yards in Knights favor

More to come ...

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That smu line has me baffled. Besides just the difference in talent, kiffin phones in bowl games when he leaves a program. He is recruiting as we speak, he isn't concerned with fau now. The stats are deceiving also, fau strength of schedule is better, but it's only because they played osu, and ucf at the start of the season, and lost by 3 or more scores to both. Take those out and they played a soft schedule. Smu didn't have the hardest ever, but they played a better on average team weekly. They have the better story too, big comeback season, while fau is on a down note with kiffin jumping ship. I just feel smu gets the check mark in almost everything, even if its a minor difference.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More Bowl Games -

Tuesday December 24th -

Hawaii Bowl - BYU (-2) @ Home vs Hawaii -Cougars won Idaho Potato Bowl last year in a big way. Cougars have not covered spread last 4 games but won 3 of them. Rainbows lost to Broncos in MW Championship game 31-10. Hawaii lost in Hawaii Bowl last year to La. Tech by 17 points. Both teams give up a lot of yards.

Thursday December 26th -

Independence Bowl(about 30 minutes from my house) Miami (-6) vs La. Tech - Hurricanes lost in Pinstripe Bowl last year to Badgers 35-3 in a romp - Hurricanes lost last 2 games of this season - Bulldogs won in Hawaii Bowl last year - Bulldogs have not covered spread last 3 games - Bulldogs give up 390 yds of offense on average

Quick Lane Bowl - Pittsburgh (-11) vs Eastern Michigan - Pitt lost to Stanford in Sun Bowl last year. Panthers lost last 2 games of season. Panthers rush defense giving up 100 yards less. Eagles lost in Camellia Bowl last year by 2 to Georgia Southern. Eagles have covered 4 out of last 6 games.

Friday December 27th -

Military Bowl - North Carolina (-5) vs Temple - Owls lost to Duke in Independence Bowl last year. Owls covered last 4 games in a row. Stats close in this one. Tar Heels have only covered 1 time out of last 6 games.

Pinstripe Bowl - Michigan St. (-3.5) vs Wake Forest - Spartans lost to Ducks last year in Redbox bowl 7-6. Spartans have covered only once in 8 games. Demon Deacons beat Memphis in Birmingham Bowl last year 37-34. Demon Deacons have only covered twice in last 8 games and lost 3 games in November.

Texas Bowl - Texas A&M (-7) vs Oklahoma St.- Aggies won big in Gator Bowl last year. Aggies lost last 2 games. Cowboys won in Liberty Bowl last year. Cowboys won 4 of last 5 games. Cowboys give up 80 more yards a game than the Aggies.

Holiday Bowl - Iowa (-2) vs Southern California - Hawkeyes won in Outback Bowl last year. Hawkeyes won last 3 games in a row. Trojans have won and covered last 3. USC scores 10 points more a game while Iowa gives up 14 points less a game.

Cheez-It Bowl(LOL) - Air Force (-3) vs Washington St. - Cougars won in Alamo Bowl last year. Cougars have lost 3 out of their last 5 games. Falcons have won 7 straight games and covered 6 of them. 900 yards of offense between both teams.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They really need to change the name of bowl games... I get the whole sponsorship thing but why not just the "badass bowl" brought to you by cheez-it. Keep it to something local, like the sugar bowl, orange bowl, and so on instead of sponsorship names. It's not that hard. Bowl in new orleans(or mobile, since that's where it really started)? The mardi gras bowl. The cheez-it bowl not being in Wisconsin is a travesty, that's all I'm saying.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More College Bowl Preview -

Saturday December 28th -

Cotton Bowl - Penn St. (-6.5) vs Memphis - Penn St. lost to Kentucky in Citrus Bowl last year - Nittany Lions only giving up 14 points a game - Tigers AAC Champs - Tigers hae won last 6 in a row

World Bowl - Notre Dame (-4) vs Iowa St. - Notre Dame lost to Clemson in Cotton Bowl CFF Semifinal last year 30-3 - Irish have covered spread in last 4 games and won last 5 - Cyclones lost to Washington St. last year in Alamo Bowl - Cyclones 0-3 ATS last 3 - Almost 900 yards a game between both teams

Peach Bowl CFP Semifinal - LSU (-13) vs Oklahoma - Tigers obvious 13 game winning streak on the line - SEC Champs - Tigers average almost 400 yards passing a game - Sooners Big 12 Champs - Sooners have won 5 straight but only covered 1 of those games - 1,100 yards of offense between both teams a game - get your popcorn ready

Fiesta Bowl CFP Semifinal - Clemson (-2.5) vs Ohio State - Tigers ACC Champs - Tigers have 13 game streak as well covering last 6 straight - Buckeyes with 13 game winning streak and the Big Ten Champ - Buckeyes have covered only 1 time in last 4 games - Both teams score about 100 points combined but only give up 23 points combined - 1,100 yards of offense for both squads - get 2 bowls of popcorn ready

Monday December 30th -

First Responder Bowl - Western Kentucky (-3.5) vs Western Michigan - Hilltoppers won last 3 games - Hilltoppers covered 8 out of 11 games this seasaon - Broncos lost to BYU in Potato Bowl last year - Broncos won 3 of last 4

Music City Bowl - Mississippi St. (-4) vs Louisville - Bulldogs lost to Iowa in Outback Bowl last year - Bulldogs 1-8 ATS last 9 games - Cardinals 3-3 last 6 games - Stats pretty close for both teams

Redbox Bowl - California (-7) vs Illinois - Bears have won 3 of last 4 and covered last 3 out of 4 - Lost to TCU in Cheez it Bowl last year - Illini covered 6 out of 7 last games but lost the game in last 2 played

Orange Bowl - Florida (-15) vs Virginia - Gators won Peach Bowl last year - Gators won and covered 4 of the last 5 games - Cavaliers lost to Clemson in ACC Championship after winning 4 straight - Cavaliers won Belk Bowl last year - Cavaliers give up 12 more points on average a game

Tuesday December 31st -

Belk Bowl - Virginia Tech (-3) vs Kentucky - Hokies lost in Military Bowl last year - Hokies had won 6 out of 7 before loss to Virginia - Hokies covered 5 of last 6 games - Wildcats beat Penn St in Citrus Bowl last year - Wildcats have won 3 straight

Sun Bowl - Arizona St. (-4) vs Florida St. - Sun Devils lost to Fresno St. last year in Las Vegas Bowl - Sun Devils have covered only once in 6 games - Stats pretty close with both teams

Liberty Bowl - Navy (-2.5) vs Kansas St - Midshipmen get Black Knights off their backs with impressive win - Midshipmen have covered 4 of last 5 - Wildcats covered last 6 out of 7 - Wildcats must stop 360 yards rushing a game

Arizona Bowl - Wyoming (-7) vs Georgia St. - Cowboys have lost 3 out of last 4 games but covered last 3 out of 4 - Panthers have lost 3 out of 4 and 1-3 ATS last 4

Alamo Bowl - Utah (-7) vs Texas - Utah lost to Northwestern in Holiday Bowl last year - Utes had won and covered 8 games in a row before loss to Ducks - Texas beat Georgia in Sugar Bowl last year - Longhorns 3-3 last 6 only covering 2

Wednesday January 1st -

Outback Bowl - Auburn (-7.5) vs Minnesota - Tigers beat Purdue in Music City Bowl last year - Tigers 4-2 last 6 games - Gophers beat Georgia Tech in Quick Lane bowl last year - Gophers have covered 7 out of last 9 games

Citrus Bowl - Alabama (-7) vs Michigan - Tide has won only 2 of last 4 games - Tide lost to Clemson in last years Championship Game - Wolverines lost to Florida in Peach Bowl last year - Wolverines have covered 5 out of 6 games - 900 yards of offense between them

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin (-3) vs Oregon - Badgers lost to Buckeyes in Big 10 Championship - Badgers have won 4 of last 5 and covering only 2 - Stats close all around for both teams - Ducks beat Utah in Pac 12 Championship - Ducks only losses are to Auburn, Arizona St and Utah

Sugar Bowl - Georgia (-8) vs Baylor - Bulldogs lost to LSU in SEC Championship and lost to Texas in last years Sugar Bowl - Bears lost to Oklahoma in Big 12 Championship Game - Bears beat Vandy in Texas Bowl last year - Bears covered last 5 straight -

January 2nd - to be continued

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on ribby, don't do my team like that. Haha. I bet this game when it came out, fan bet. The issue here is, does Alabama play to win? With not going to the playoffs for the first time since they started, do any of these guys who will be in the NFL next year want to risk even playing in what in reality... is a meaningless game. From a bettors view, this game is probably one best live bet, so you can see for sure who is in, and what intensity it's being played. Alabama has a history of taking bowls off since they started winning these championships. Utah comes to mind.
Citrus Bowl - Alabama (-7) vs Michigan - Tide has won only 2 of last 4 games - Tide lost to Clemson in last years Championship Game - Wolverines lost to Florida in Peach Bowl last year - Wolverines have covered 5 out of 6 games - 900 yards of offense between them

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
utah state -6 50 bucks on it lets go

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall (97-108-6) -$1100/ -11.00 Units

Let's go bowling!

Georgia Southern (-5.5) vs Liberty - Liberty lost to UMass during season - enough said

Arkansas St. (-1) vs FIU - Don't know why line going down but I see Red

1 Unit - $100

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (1-1) Even Overall (98-109-6) -$1100/ -11.00 Units

Georgia Southern loses to Liberty and Arkansas St. beats FIU by 8 (1-1)

Monday December 23rd -

Gasparilla Bowl -

Marshall (+15) vs UCF - Defenses pretty close - Thundering Herd only lost by 7 @ Boise earlier in year - Herd won this game last year

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been forgetting to post my plays, probably because I've been pretty selective and not made a lot of plays.
I like byu -2 tonight.
Reason? The difference in defence, and that's it. No deep number crunching or news that the qbs girlfriends cousins friend got a speeding ticket. I think the teams are pretty similar outside of the defence which is heavily in favor of byu.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bummer. Lost on the last possession of the game. Byu didn't play much d the first half or they would have had a cushion. They played better the second half. Hawaii clutched up though, good for them.