All Steelers Thread 2015-2016

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, unfortunately. I'm not going to pencil them in to anything until I see them win a playoff game though.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sprained foot out for a couple of weeks. They need to beat the Browns and then they have their BYE.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed. I'm not overlooking the Browns and no team should.

While anything can happen, I'd be shocked if the browns managed to win. They are in complete freefall at this point.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While anything can happen, I'd be shocked if the browns managed to win. They are in complete freefall at this point.

More shocked by that or if the Giants beat the Patriots in NY this weekend?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, the Steelers have a pretty good back up QB breaking yet another record. :p Most passing yards from a QB to not start :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wish we could play the Colts every game.

Steelers are in control of their own destiny. :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers are now on a two game winning streak. Unfortunately both the Jets and the Chiefs won their games.

Win and you're in for the Steelers. GL

Pop

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pittsburgh radio says Steelers have an 85% chance to win out, win division + get 1st rd bye

People like that is why gambling will always be profitable lol

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pittsburgh radio says Steelers have an 85% chance to win out, win division + get 1st rd bye

lol I wouldn't even give them the 15% chance. :p

To win the division Steelers would need to win out Denver @Baltimore @Cleveland

and the Bengals would need to lose to @49ers, @Denver, Ravens.

It's possible with Dalton out but so unlikely. And it's not as if winning out is going to be easy either.

Last edited:
xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who has tiebreaker between PIT/CIN? I'm guessing PIT since if not, they would need bungals to lose out.

edit: it's division record, so it's pretty much over. Bengals would have to either lose out or go 1-2 with a loss to BALT, neither of which are likely to happen.

Regardless, these 2 are probably lining up in the wildcard round anyways. If PIT gets a 6 seed, Cincy probably finishes 3 and they play for a third time in Cincy w/no Dalton...seems like an easy road imo. OR, if PIT gets the 5, they draw either the terrible AFC South winner, so possibly a sub.500 team lol. No real challenge until second rd when they would get Den or NE.

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
who has tiebreaker between PIT/CIN? I'm guessing PIT since if not, they would need bungals to lose out.

edit: it's division record, so it's pretty much over. Bengals would have to either lose out or go 1-2 with a loss to BALT, neither of which are likely to happen.

Regardless, these 2 are probably lining up in the wildcard round anyways. If PIT gets a 6 seed, Cincy probably finishes 3 and they play for a third time in Cincy w/no Dalton...seems like an easy road imo. OR, if PIT gets the 5, they draw either the terrible AFC South winner, so possibly a sub.500 team lol. No real challenge until second rd when they would get Den or NE.

Yup forgot to put @49ers in there.

Fixed :D

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure what you mean? If they go 1-2, but beat BALT, they still hold division since their div record would be 5-1 over 4-2?

Or maybe you mean something else, sorry I'm grinding and posting lol

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure what you mean? If they go 1-2, but beat BALT, they still hold division since their div record would be 5-1 over 4-2?

Or maybe you mean something else, sorry I'm grinding and posting lol

lol.

I think we're saying the same thing. Cincy has to lose all of their games and Pitt needs to win out.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually now I'm confused lol

If Bengals lose to both Denver and Ravens they will be 4-2 in division (Tied with Steelers if they win out) and 8-4 in Conference (Tied with Steelers if they win out).

Head-to-head, (Tie)
common opponents (Tie)?
Strength of Victory (Steelers)

No?

Last edited:
xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually now I'm confused lol

If Bengals lose to both Denver and Ravens they will be 4-2 in division (Tied with Steelers if they win out) and 8-4 in Conference (Tied with Steelers if they win out).

Head-to-head, (Tie)
common opponents (Tie)?
Strength of Victory (Steelers)

No?

Right, but if they beat balt, even if they lose to SF + DEN, they still get it bc tie record but 5-1 in division.

Steelers need to win out + bengals need to lose out and/or lose to BALT at 1-2 We had it, we were just confusing each other lol

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Right, but if they beat balt, even if they lose to SF + DEN, they still get it bc tie record but 5-1 in division.

Steelers need to win out + bengals need to lose out and/or lose to BALT at 1-2 We had it, we were just confusing each other lol

No, I believe they need to lose to both Baltimore and Denver the 49ers game is almost irrelevant right?

If they beat Denver they have a better Conference record. If they lose to both AFC teams then it goes through all that tie breaker stuff.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It'll be a massive disappointment if they somehow miss the playoffs. They've gotta be one of the most dangerous teams in the AFC atm.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's division record though, conference is next. If the go 1-2, lose to SF and Den, but beat Balt, cincy is 5-1 in division, so they have the division. But, say they beat SF and Den, still in bc they have a 2 game lead., even if they lose to Balt.

We had it right.

Essentially, Pit has to win out and cincy has to lose 2 games, with one of those losses being Baltimore. If they lose to SF + Den, but win Balt, they are same record but 5-1 in the north, so they hold over the 4-2 ateelera

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't want to play Pittsburgh in playoffs atm. Honestly, depending on matchup, PIT is second scariest team IMO. I mean, Demver is missing Peyton, Bengals missing dalton and Indy missing luck...nobody is healthy at QB. Steelers don't play much D through the air, but they can drop 40. High variance team that could easily knock somebody off

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Steelers are now sitting in the 6th seed with today's comeback!

With @Baltimore @Browns left.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even better is that the Jets have to play the Bills and Patriots. I'd be shocked if they won both.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Cinci won today, I wonder if they still think it will be 85%