All Steelers Thread 2015-2016

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They think it's still a favorite to happen. Also, they said that they give steelers a 65% chance at super bowl now lol

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They think it's still a favorite to happen. Also, they said that they give steelers a 65% chance at super bowl now lol

That's a conservative number as the real statistic is 100%.

Lol.

Obviously I'm bias but I believe the Steelers have as good of a shot as any other team. (I don't think that shot is 65% lol)

If the defense can play like they did in the second half (and never EVER play like they did in the first) They will become a pretty hard out.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL 65% is really high for any team tbh.

The defense will ultimately be their downfall. It's just so incredibly inconsistent. I know their offense is top 2 in the NFL but you can't put that much pressure on it in every game and expect to survive the playoffs. Injuries happen, bad days happen. The defense has to pick up some slack at some point.

What I do love, however, is that their offense seems to be generally matchup proof. They've thrown up over 30 pts on both Denver and Seattle. This might be the most fun I've ever had watching the Steelers. Their WR trio is unbelievable.

And it's all without Bell and Pouncey! Patch that defense up and they could win a couple to close out Ben's career.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I mean the D gave up 27 pts to Brock owseiler, who hadn't scored a td in like 25 quarters coming into the game lol. They can't stop the pass at all. Going to be hard to beat really good teams if you can't stop them.

Still, like I said before, I definitely don't want to draw PIT in playoffs when much easier match ups like cincy (assuming no dalton) and AFC south champ are lurking around

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. Steelers are by far the most dangerous team in the AFC for Patriots fans. I just think at some point the Steelers defense is going to cost them a game, even if they reach the Super Bowl. Seattle or Carolina would torch that defense (Seattle already has).

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, I mean the D gave up 27 pts to Brock owseiler, who hadn't scored a td in like 25 quarters coming into the game lol. They can't stop the pass at all. Going to be hard to beat really good teams if you can't stop them.

Still, like I said before, I definitely don't want to draw PIT in playoffs when much easier match ups like cincy (assuming no dalton) and AFC south champ are lurking around

The stat was hasn't scored in the previous 23 drives. Not that, that diminishes your case any. lol.

Coming into the game he had 5TD passes and 3INT. (Five games)

He had 3 TD passes and 1 Rushing TD with 0 INTs in the first half.

The Steelers D did tighten up and played much better but I don't think they played sooo much better that it lead to what happened in the second half. There were a few dropped balls, holding calls.. Also..

In Denver's last 3 games in the second half they have been shutout. So they are clearly in some kind of second half funk. Dunno what it is no adjustments, coaching, QB or what?
------------------------
Alsoooo, Iffff Steelers win out here is how they can get the fifth seed.

Kansas City loses one of their two games. (Least likely and least rewarding for the Steelers)

Denver loses to Cinci and Chiefs win out KC moves to 3rd seed and Denver drops to sixth. (Most likely, most rewarding.

Also if Jets win out Vs Patriots and Bills and Denver loses out VS Cinci and Chargers Jets go to the 6th seed and Denver misses the playoffs.

Last edited:
xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either way, the AFC was going to be tough but now it looks like a cakewalk until NE. Denver is a bottom 5 offense, colts/houston are both just terrible w/their injuries, cincy w/o dalton is not scary at all.

NE/PIT/KC....that's probably top 3 teams in AFC atm. Chiefs/PIT would be interesting, despite KC winning once when Ben wasn't playing, I'd think PIT would be favored slightly.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Either way, the AFC was going to be tough but now it looks like a cakewalk until NE. Denver is a bottom 5 offense, colts/houston are both just terrible w/their injuries, cincy w/o dalton is not scary at all.

NE/PIT/KC....that's probably top 3 teams in AFC atm. Chiefs/PIT would be interesting, despite KC winning once when Ben wasn't playing, I'd think PIT would be favored slightly.

The thing about Denver is I don't want Pit going to Mile High to play.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh, I think PIT would be fine tbh. It would be tight, but nonetheless, would rather play DEN than KC atm.

J

jigglypuff99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great game this weekend. Thanks for giving my patriots a first round bye :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
great game this weekend. Thanks for giving my patriots a first round bye :p

Well, we know the only way the Patriots can win a Super Bowl is with that bye and we didn't want to give the Pats any excuses when we knock em' out. :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bold predictions for @Ravens.

Offense
----------------
AB has 15+ receptions
Ben Roethlisberger has his 3rd 500+ yard passing game.
Bryant has 3 TDs
Ben throws 6 TD passes.

Defense
--------------
Steelers have 3 turnovers
Steelers hold the Ravens to 17 or less.
Boykin or Gay has an INT
Steelers get 4 or more sacks.
Steelers D doesn't lose the game for the Steelers.

I did say bold... lol.

Can we call them the best offense yet? :p

Are you serious?!

Beating a tired, no coached, 8-8 team from last year in YOUR stadium is not a reason to celebrate.

Get real bro, you have a good wideout and a decent QB but nowhere near the best offense in the NFL. You have to be kidding me!

If there not the best (Which I believe they are) they are most definitely top 5 if not top 3.

Of course only time will tell and Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.

If I turn out to be wrong I'll admit it. But get ready to do the same down the road :p

Go Pitt

Congrats, but please don't call ANY offense the best in the NFL just yet. Long way to go and my point was that dropping a 43 burger on a hapless team in your own stadium isn't amazing. The Bills have a great defense AND are well coached and the Patriots dropped 40. Let's see in the upcoming weeks how the Steelers do, against some solid teams, and reevaluate.

Congrats

The offense that essentially only scored 14 on the NE patriots average D? Assuming we don't count the garbage time score, that's not exactly "at will".

Brown is elite, bell is elite and Ben is elite but the secondary weapons are average to poor and the O-line is mediocre at best.

Steelers O is top 5 imo, but the defense will definitely be bottom 1/3 and hold them back all year. Blowing out the 49ers means nothing since they could easily be the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

Pittsburgh's next 6 games will be huge. Having to go into STL/SD/KC is tough and if PIT emerges 4-2 or better after 6, I'll start believing in this team.

I agree only will need more time to officially say anything but I'm going to put myself out there now so when they become the best offense people will believe me when I say "told you they would be the best" lol

Last edited:
xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know, definitely top 3. I think NE might have the edge still when fill healthy. However, since their injuries, maybe it falls to PIT now

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pittsburgh can clnch a playoff berth with:
1) PIT win + NYJ loss
And Pit is favored by 5+ over the Ravens

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:
1) NE win
...and NE plays the NYJ Sunday at 1:00
So there's plenty of incentive for Belicheat to try and win the game.
Now granted, it isn't in Gillette so they'll need to keep the "legal holding" to a minimum
...and Phil. did layout the formula for beating the Brady Bunch
It pains me to say it but:
...making S3mp look like a predictive genius is a real possibility

and with that win over NE and a win Sunday vs the Washington Racial Epithets, the hapless Eggles might back there way in despite tanking it last week :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yup. That was the season.

Jets need to lose @Bills and Steelers need to win @Browns.

Steelers will probably miss the playoffs. :(

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup. That was the season.

Jets need to lose @Bills and Steelers need to win @Browns.

Steelers will probably miss the playoffs. :(

Yeah, probably no way the steelers get past the Browns obv

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But for real, a very unpittsburgh like egg laying on Sunday. I still think jets are going to lose and allow Pittsburgh to squeak in

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But for real, a very unpittsburgh like egg laying on Sunday. I still think jets are going to lose and allow Pittsburgh to squeak in

The Ravens love to end the Steelers season.

The Patriots won the OT toss and elected to kick... (They probably heard the Steelers lost and took a dive.) Lol.

If the Bills beat the Jets I won't make fun of Rex Ryan's post game interview for the entire season next year.

Lets go Buffalo Bills!!!

Edit: Bills have a lot on the line this game they could potentially mess up two division rivals seasons. Keeping the Jets out of the playoffs and putting in the biggest threat to a healthy Patriots team in the AFC.

Double Edit: AND YOU KNOW REX RYAN WANTS TO KEEP THE JETS OUT OF THE POSTSEASON

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you D'Angelo Williams for winning me a fantasy football league! I'm surprised the Ravens beat them, especially with Mallett.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Apparently Tomlin doesn't know how to beat losing teams. 3-11 on teams under .500

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a lack of understanding of game theory IMO. I will elaborate tomorrow when sober completely

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to the Browns/Steelers game Sunday. If they can't beat Austin Davis they shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a lack of understanding of game theory IMO. I will elaborate tomorrow when sober completely

Still waiting. Must of been one sick night of binge drinking. :p