xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a binge drink for the ages lol

However, I think Tomlin continually makes big mistakes with bad teams. While gambles and risk-taking is necessary, it's not as necessary against bad teams. Think about it in poker terms....

If Phil Ivey is playing against an avg 1/2 donk, he doesn't have to undertake some FPS. Just use his superior skills to play ABC and beat on the bad player.

Same logic applies to PIT. For example, when it was 4 and 2 inside easy FG range, Tomlin goes for it. It's the first drive and PIT knows they only need 17-20 pts to realistically win this game. Take the gtd 3 and play defense against a third-string, complete reject Ryan Mallet. Instead, what does Tomlin do? He goes for it, pit gets stuffed, and then Balt has momentum going back the other way.

Another example is Deangelo Williams and his use throughout the game. He had 8/80 yds in the first Q alone...yet Pit gets away from him after the first Q and reverts to the high-flying PIT passing offense. Naturally, a passing attack is going to have far more variance than a running game, which again isn't a bad thing, just when you're playing the 3-11 ravens, it's really just not necessary.

Finally, I just still don't understand why the Steelers don't give help on the left side to Villanaueva. He's graded out to be one of the worst LT's in football, yet they refuse to line Miller/James/Spaeth on the left-side to help him. Hell, they even rolled Ben to the left 3x, which makes no sense at all.

At the end of the day, I think Tomlin is a top 5 coach in the NFL. I think you can even argue he's a top 3 coach imo. Only guys I have above him are Bellichick and Carroll personally. However, still no excuses for playing so bad against terrible, terrible teams. People in PIT are calling for Tomlin's head if they don't make the playoffs and as a Browns fan, I seriously hope they follow through and fire him. I'd take him in a heartbeat :)

P.S., go Steelers today. Don't want Browns to win, rather try to get that 1st overall pick.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PIT makes it into the playoffs on the heels of Fitz throwing 3 4th Q INT's. I know I wouldn't want to draw these guys tbh. While the rushing attack seems to have vanished, they are always going to be a threat w/Ben at the helm.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hopefully Williams is okay,

I had both TV's going and RIGHT as the Steelers got a turnover the Bills got a turnover three times. lol.

That one pass at the end in the Bills game was going to be a touchdown. Got so lucky that when he whiffed he swiped his hands/football.

And LOL at the Steelers fans at the Bills Jets game.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that Brady looks shaken up and no first rd bye, is there any even halfway competent team left in AFC? Lol. Seriously, steelers night cakewalk into the super bowl if Brady's ankle is as bad as everyone is saying

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe the Jets lost to Buffalo and opened the door for the Steelers to get into the playoffs.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Same exact score as week 10 when they played them too

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, mobile posting didn't work out so well in above post. Anyways, scenario for PIT is two-fold:

If Broncos beat Chargers (happening now), PIT (6) goes into Cincy (3) with no Dalton. If they were to win, they would travel to Denver (1) for divisional rd.

If Broncos lose to SD, PIT (6) goes into Denver (3). If they win, they would go into NE for divisional rd.

Either way, not bad for their chances imo. Only team I wouldn't want to play is KC and as it stands, I think both wild card teams are better than the 3 and 4 seeds. Denver doesn't have a healthy Peyton and the Texans led by Hoyer don't seem too scary at all.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Peyton finished that game.

Steelers are going to Cinci.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup, arguably best road for PIT. If dalton doesn't play, Bengals don't look fierce at all. Steelers should be favorites, I'm thinking 2-2.5.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And LOL at the Steelers fans at the Bills Jets game.

I was at the Browns/Steelers game yesterday. Quite a few "J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS" chants from Browns fans. Unfortunately for them about half of the stadium was Steelers fans :)

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knocking off the scumbag Bengals almost felt like a Super Bowl win.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...yep....
went from
:confused:
:(
:eek:
:)
:D
in less than two minutes total
...and here I thought the NFL only allowed only Brady and the Pats in Gillette Field to get two 15 yard penalties with under 1:00 left to move them well within field goal range
...guess I need to lay off my "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I'm an NFL ref" saying for a little while at least :p

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Okay I've found my words again. :p

Knocking off the scumbag Bengals almost felt like a Super Bowl win.

Absolutely.
well, Bungals gonna Bungal lol

Just wish they could do so without injuring Bell (Twice) injuring AB (suspension worthy) and injuring Ben.

The Bengals fans at that game should be ashamed of themselves (the majority) Cheering when Roethlisberger went down, throwing trash at him, and booing him as he is being carted into the locker room.

Bell

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was a little put off by Ryan Shazier's actions on the sidelines after the fumble recovery. He was lucky he didn't get flagged for a bad hit which would have returned the ball to the Bungles
Would have been fitting had Vontaze Burfict not been down by contact before he ran through the back of his own end zone in an excessive celebration after that late interception.
Getting 2 points for the safety and win the game that way would have been priceless :)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Was a little put off by Ryan Shazier's actions on the sidelines after the fumble recovery. He was lucky he didn't get flagged for a bad hit which would have returned the ball to the Bungles
Would have been fitting had Vontaze Burfict not been down by contact before he ran through the back of his own end zone in an excessive celebration after that late interception.
Getting 2 points for the safety and win the game that way would have been priceless :)

Yes I 100% agree with you on Shazier's actions. Though I was thinking he was unlucky they blew it dead it didn't count the TD. :p

Yes, you know it's desperation time when you're hoping a play like that was a safety or that the steelers would score during the Bengals 2 pt conversion try. lol.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh, steelers fans cheered when Bradshaw got carted off and he was their own guy. It's not okay, but everyone in Pittsburgh acting like this doesn't happen in playoff games is crazy. It's a tense situation and people's emotions get high

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of what happens this season, Steelers need to invest heavily in a backup QB next year.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't think Landry Jones will be the guy to take over from Big Ben?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Meh, steelers fans cheered when Bradshaw got carted off and he was their own guy. It's not okay, but everyone in Pittsburgh acting like this doesn't happen in playoff games is crazy. It's a tense situation and people's emotions get high

Bradshaw retired before I was even born so I don't even know what you're talking about. lol.

I understand emotions run high and it being a night game the fans there were probably extremely drunk but I stand by my statement of the fans who cheer and throw trash at an injured player should be ashamed of themselves.

If I did that I would be ashamed. I know there are Cinci fans who are embarrassed and ashamed of their fans at that game.

Giving a reason for a shameful act is no reason to not be ashamed after that act.

At least IMO.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight both are bad, just steelers fans holier than thou about how "this would never happen in Pittsburgh!" is utter bullshit is all

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up 15-0 in the 4th and piss it away for handicappers around the world wish they lost they deserved to,nice reffing gave it to them ,what a joke

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tight both are bad, just steelers fans holier than thou about how "this would never happen in Pittsburgh!" is utter bullshit is all

I agree - it can happen anywhere. And those fans that would do something like cheer that a player was injured or throw trash at them as they're being carted off should be ashamed too. :)

It certainly wouldn't happen in Cleveland as there would be no fans to cheer. :p