S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Answer this question:

If Tomlin decides to kick the game winner in OT and Scobee makes it and Pittsburg wins, does Scobee still get cut?

I think not. So in essence, by Tomlin deciding not to kick it - he sealed Scobee's fate. Not the first kicker Tomlin has screwed over. So I'll stick with my original statement. I feel sorry for the next guy. Better not miss any kicks or Tomlin will make sure your ass is out the door.

Who was the other kicker Tomlin screwed over?

Answer this question:

If Scobee doesn't consistently miss kicks including two in that game does Tomlin not put Scobee on the field for the game winner?

Also, if Scobee does hit a game winner he still might get cut.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who was the other kicker Tomlin screwed over?

Answer this question:

If Scobee doesn't consistently miss kicks including two in that game does Tomlin not put Scobee on the field for the game winner?

Also, if Scobee does hit a game winner he still might get cut.

No he doesn't get cut if he makes the field goal and wins the game.

Shaun Suisham.

How many kicks can the new guy miss before he's cut?

1? 2 maybe?

If he misses the first kick does that mean Tomlin's gonna go for it on any 4th down inside the 35?

The coach is more responsible than the kicker for the loss to Baltimore. Idc though, I won money off that. lol

Even factoring in the dismal performance for Scobee this year with the Steelers, he's still 80% overall.

He was actually mathematically due to make the next two kicks he attempted.

I don't think Scobee deserved to be cut, and I think he should have been given the opportunity to redeem himself in that game. We'll see how it plays out...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No he doesn't get cut if he makes the field goal and wins the game.

Shaun Suisham.

How many kicks can the new guy miss before he's cut?

1? 2 maybe?

If he misses the first kick does that mean Tomlin's gonna go for it on any 4th down inside the 35?

The coach is more responsible than the kicker for the loss to Baltimore. Idc though, I won money off that. lol

Even factoring in the dismal performance for Scobee this year with the Steelers, he's still 80% overall.

He was actually mathematically due to make the next two kicks he attempted.

I don't think Scobee deserved to be cut, and I think he should have been given the opportunity to redeem himself in that game. We'll see how it plays out...

Shaun Suisham didn't get screwed over he is hurt he tore his ACL in the preseason.

Scobee was 60% for 2015.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suisham got hurt. Otherwise he'd be their kicker.

"Mathematically due" isn't a thing. That's like putting your stack in the middle because you haven't hit a flush in awhile and you're "due."

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think Scobee deserved to be cut, and I think he should have been given the opportunity to redeem himself in that game.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes, I think Tomlin has earned himself some "runbad" lol

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please.......PLEASE......no more Vick...

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot believe they won. So awesome.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So much variance in NFL, so sick steelers pulled it out. What a gutsy call from Tomlin running wildcat, just nasty.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sooooo

It really sucks and is depressing Bengals pulled off a 17 point comeback in the 4th quarter against the Seahawks.

Those last two drives seemed to have given Vick some much needed confidence but will it be enough to play decent against the Cardinals? Ehhh...

Time will tell.

Ben Roethlisberger's injury seems to be improving greatly and is probably going to be coming back on the early side of the 4-6 week schedule. Some are even talking about him coming back next week to play against the Cardinals (I doubt it).

Bryant who was suppose to make his debut last night but tweaked his knee should come back Vs the Cardinals and having a 6'4 receiver who runs a 4:4:40 would be much desired with a QB who seems to only be able to throw it deep.

It would also open up the run game for Bell.

The division looks like this

AFCN

P.S. Did anyone find those 18 seconds of clock that went missing in that game?

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbh I think the Cardinals are going to destroy them. Sure Vick had a couple good drives, but he was awful for 3.5 quarters and the Cardinals defense is waaaay better than the Chargers.

I also don't think winning the division is realistic unless something crazy happens with the Bengals. They're just awesome right now. Rushing Roethlisberger back would be a huge mistake, so hopefully PIT can win a couple to stay in the wildcard race.

The officiating is kind of a joke so far this season. It's really disappointing.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tbh I think the Cardinals are going to destroy them. Sure Vick had a couple good drives, but he was awful for 3.5 quarters and the Cardinals defense is waaaay better than the Chargers.

Agreed

I also don't think winning the division is realistic unless something crazy happens with the Bengals. They're just awesome right now. Rushing Roethlisberger back would be a huge mistake, so hopefully PIT can win a couple to stay in the wildcard race.

Agreed

The officiating is kind of a joke so far this season. It's really disappointing.
Agreed.

But as Deuces pointed out. As a Steelers fan I am hardwired to be delusional.

:D

Bengals need to stop winning!

As far as Wild Cards go even though I think it's too early to be looking at this I did anyways. Steelers are in 7th in the AFC. Behind the Bills and the Colts (Both by 1 game)

Bills play Bengals next week and Colts play the Patriots.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Perfect post.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy sh*t. Steelers defense is legit. I can't wait til Ben returns. With Martavis Bryant back they're going to be a force.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
steelers hype train about to be out of control. Huge trap game for Cardinals after starting super hot, they were due for some negative variance. On the road in a game that isn't super important to cardinals, yada yada.

Big win for pittsburgh though, keeps the season in good shape. Still going to have to beat the Bengals who look super legit. Browns almost helped you guys by beating Denver today, but no dice.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is Mike Tomlin a good head coach?

Went out and got Vick and let him do nothing for 99% of two games and do nothing for 100% of what he played before an injury sidelined him.

When you have a QB who has been with the Steelers for over three years knows the offense and knows how to play QB.

When you pick up a QB because he went to the same highschool as you, you probably shouldn't be making decisions. :eek:

Also, going for two when an extra point gives you a 3 point lead (Keeping it so you don't lose to a last second field goal) That is horrible coaching.

Marvin Lewis gets talked about all the time by sports analysis as possibly needing to be fired even though he gets the Bengals to the playoffs almost every single year. Because he hasn't had a post season victory.

Why isn't Tomlin being talked about? He hasn't had a post season victory since the Steelers lost to Tim Teebow in the playoffs. Not only that but he hasn't reached the playoffs since then with the exception of last year.

My conclusion= Yeah! He's a good coach! lol (Did you see that coming?) But if Mike Vick starts against the Chiefs that answer will turn to a no pretty quickly.

Oh and even though I like going for two, you have to know the situation.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is 1-1 with awful Vick at QB. I'd say that's good coaching lol. Yeah you can question his decision to start Vick, but there is a lot of stuff we don't know and the fact that Jones hasn't even been active for a game until this year and Vick is a veteran probably has something to do with it.

Otherwise, the fact that they're 2-1 without Roethlisberger proves that the Steelers coaching is amazing.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone thinks Tomlin is anything besides a top 5 coach in NFL, they're insane. The Steelers are perennial contenders despite regressing immensely since 2010/2011. Ben obviously plays a major factor, but Tomlin has kept the team winning for all these years.

While I think Tomlin at times doesn't grasp game theory with some questionable decisions, football is about more than just statistics. He's clearly a great, great coach.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If anyone thinks Tomlin is anything besides a top 5 coach in NFL, they're insane. The Steelers are perennial contenders despite regressing immensely since 2010/2011. Ben obviously plays a major factor, but Tomlin has kept the team winning for all these years.

While I think Tomlin at times doesn't grasp game theory with some questionable decisions, football is about more than just statistics. He's clearly a great, great coach.

For active coaches right? :p

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I mean theoretically the Steelers should have been in bad shape for a few years now due to all the talent aging, yet they remain in the playoff hunt. I'll never understand the complaints.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How about that kicker though?!?!?

It is really nice having a kicker that can make field goals.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bengals locked up the division at this point. It would take a monumental collapse for anyone to catch them imo. Steelers got to find a way to figure it out w/o Bell now.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Huge loss for the Steelers but Deangelo proved at the beginning that he can handle the workload. He's no Bell but their run game is still a threat. Obv won't win the division but a wildcard is def a possibility. It's a shame the Browns couldn't be functional just for a night.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huge loss for the Steelers but Deangelo proved at the beginning that he can handle the workload. He's no Bell but their run game is still a threat. Obv won't win the division but a wildcard is def a possibility. It's a shame the Browns couldn't be functional just for a night.

Yeah, while it's a drop off, williams seems very serviceable.

Browns were functional for a half lol, that's worth something! But in all seriousness, the Bengals look very legit imo. They've had to play from behind, ahead, good teams, bad teams, division rivals, etc. and have met every single challenge they've faced.