All Steelers Thread 2015-2016

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best part of bens injury: The multitude of Steelers fans on my TL on facebook saying Ben is a bum and they're better off with Vick.

The Mike Vick era has begun!

edit: I'll see Big Ben in church on Sunday, I'll get a diagnosis for the thread.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the Pittsburgh Steelers they are my team. I am from Philly suburbs but I don't like the Eagles.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the free agent kicker pool seriously so dry that they needed to trade for Scobee? Dude is awful and completely cost them the game. Everyone is complaining about the coaching, but the fact that they were even in this game with Michael Vick at QB shows how good it is. Not to mention they actually made Heyward-Bey into a productive weapon.

As soon as the game went to OT I knew it was over. Vick was awful and Scobee couldn't make a 30 yd FG at that point. They need to draft the top kicker next year. Having someone like Tucker on your team is incredibly valuable.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They should pick up Iowa's Kicker.

He has a great leg and hit a 57 yard game winning FG that was good for another 7 yards.

And by pick him up I mean right damn now..

I'm pissed it wasn't an away game so they could leave Scobee there...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They should pick up Iowa's Kicker.

He has a great leg and hit a 57 yard game winning FG that was good for another 7 yards.

And by pick him up I mean right damn now..

I'm pissed it wasn't an away game so they could leave Scobee there...

And he already has the uniform so he's good to go

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scobee couldn't hit that with 100 attempts.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poor coaching not running the ball on 4th and short. Coaches have to make good decisions. I'm kicking the ball still, make scobee earn his keep. If he misses he misses, it makes it clear you have to replace him. Mike Tomlin is stubborn. Give the ball to Leveon Bell on 4th and 1. Kick the ball on 4th and 2. Pittsburg deserved to lose this game more than Baltimore deserved to win.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way I'd ever let Scobee attempt that FG in OT after missing those other two. Even if you call a poor play on 4th and 2, you're still converting a higher percentage of the time compared to the % that Scobee makes a 50 yd FG.

Vick is terrible. The fact that they almost won that game indicates top-notch coaching. I actually question management more than coaching. I find it hard to believe Vick and Scobee were/are the best options available at their positions.

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man i had big ben as my starting qb in fantasy, then he goes down
i ended up ok, won by 1 point thanks to Cobb, and the other teams
Defense.

man im sick about big ben though

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play calling was awful imo. Feed the best RB in the NFL the rock

I think PIT will look better next week though. Give Vick a whole week to get ready and Tomlin some time to work out the kinks

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no way I'd ever let Scobee attempt that FG in OT after missing those other two. Even if you call a poor play on 4th and 2, you're still converting a higher percentage of the time compared to the % that Scobee makes a 50 yd FG.

Vick is terrible. The fact that they almost won that game indicates top-notch coaching. I actually question management more than coaching. I find it hard to believe Vick and Scobee were/are the best options available at their positions.

At least if you kick it you can say for sure it's scobee's fault. At this point you can't actually blame the kicker, sure he was 50% on the night. But the loss comes down to the coach. Whether it was bad play calling or bad decision making, the loss doesn't fall on the kicker. You could easily blame Vick for not completing a wide open 5 yd out route. Or even the defense for allowing some easy pass plays. Hell even the punt team had some poor kicks late in the 2nd half. Antonio Brown dropped a td pass too.

One play wasn't the problem, it was stubbornness and stupidity from your coaching staff. Idc who your kicker is, the next time it's OT - guarantee Tomlin kicks the 48 yd field goal to end the game instead of calling a pass play on 4th and 2 LOL.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't kick so you can blame the guy when he misses. You know he's most likely going to miss. And yes, you can blame the kicker when both FG's he attempted were essentially chip shots for an NFL kicker. He missed a 41 YD FG!

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't kick so you can blame the guy when he misses. You know he's most likely going to miss. And yes, you can blame the kicker when both FG's he attempted were essentially chip shots for an NFL kicker. He missed a 41 YD FG!

He also made two 40+ yd field goals in the same game. He was 50% on the night.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50% on the night and the two he missed were under 50 - one of them was 41. I'm not letting him kick a 50 yd FG.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50% on the night and the two he missed were under 50 - one of them was 41. I'm not letting him kick a 50 yd FG.

SO how close do you want to be before you feel comfortable kicking?

Would you punt?

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 50+ I'd rather punt if the 1st down yardage is too much. Keep in mind if Scobee misses the FG the Ravens have really good field position with a kicker who is basically money at 50 yds.

Scobee missed 2 FG's in week 1, two FG's in this game, and an extra point. I might give him another shot at 40, but I don't see how letting him kick beyond that is sensible. He's just awful.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 50+ I'd rather punt if the 1st down yardage is too much. Keep in mind if Scobee misses the FG the Ravens have really good field position with a kicker who is basically money at 50 yds.

Scobee missed 2 FG's in week 1, two FG's in this game, and an extra point. I might give him another shot at 40, but I don't see how letting him kick beyond that is sensible. He's just awful.

I always keep that in mind. The ravens get good field position when you fail going for it also.

The truth about it is:

They both should have been run plays to Leveon Bell. If you're not going to kick it, why put it on your backup? Put the ball in your best running back's hands on a play outside the numbers. Either that or punt and give the ravens a long field. Either way you can't blame scobee for this loss. He didn't execute as you would have liked but neither did Vick or your defense late.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The defense executed. There is no way the defense is at fault here at all. they got the ball back for the offense in OT twice and held them to a 50 yard FG attempt considering the field position it's the best you could ask for.

I also am willing to put this on Scobee not only did he miss FG's which would of potentially kept the game going in to OT but he made it so he couldn't be trusted to hit a game winner.

I personally may have kicked it at the end but not kicking it was a decision based on not trusting your kicker and trusting your offense.

The call was good the WR was open Vick just missed an easy throw. He is a 15 year vet he should be making that throw.

Though I'm with you I didn't like the coaching as far as Todd Haley's play calling

The decision to throw it instead of run to let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning or to force the Ravens to use the last time out.

Also you have a speed QB they should have been rolling him out on some of the crucial 3rd down plays and give him the option to run or to make an easier throw.

The play calling was bad since they took a 10 point lead they were asking the defense to do way to much by not letting the offense take shots.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The defense executed. There is no way the defense is at fault here at all. they got the ball back for the offense in OT twice and held them to a 50 yard FG attempt considering the field position it's the best you could ask for.

I also am willing to put this on Scobee not only did he miss FG's which would of potentially kept the game going in to OT but he made it so he couldn't be trusted to hit a game winner.

I personally may have kicked it at the end but not kicking it was a decision based on not trusting your kicker and trusting your offense.

The call was good the WR was open Vick just missed an easy throw. He is a 15 year vet he should be making that throw.

Though I'm with you I didn't like the coaching as far as Todd Haley's play calling

The decision to throw it instead of run to let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning or to force the Ravens to use the last time out.

Also you have a speed QB they should have been rolling him out on some of the crucial 3rd down plays and give him the option to run or to make an easier throw.

The play calling was bad since they took a 10 point lead they were asking the defense to do way to much by not letting the offense take shots

Exactly. Well said.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Scobee got cut. Steelers have a new kicker.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You watch the NFL games this weekend? Apparently most NFL kickers are awful now...

Even more reason to find and keep an elite kicker like Justin Tucker. Pretty edge in a lot of situations.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scobee got cut. Steelers have a new kicker.

I bet he's nervous. If he misses a couple kicks your coach will refuse to attempt game winners until they cut him.

I feel sorry for any kicker under Mike Tomlin.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I bet he's nervous. If he misses a couple kicks your coach will refuse to attempt game winners until they cut him.

I feel sorry for any kicker under Mike Tomlin.

It's not as if Scobee had a bad game. He missed two FG's against New England which possibly cost them the game.

He missed a PAT against the 49ers.

He was consistently playing bad.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not as if Scobee had a bad game. He missed two FG's against New England which possibly cost them the game.

He missed a PAT against the 49ers.

He was consistently playing bad.

Answer this question:

If Tomlin decides to kick the game winner in OT and Scobee makes it and Pittsburg wins, does Scobee still get cut?

I think not. So in essence, by Tomlin deciding not to kick it - he sealed Scobee's fate. Not the first kicker Tomlin has screwed over. So I'll stick with my original statement. I feel sorry for the next guy. Better not miss any kicks or Tomlin will make sure your ass is out the door.