All Steelers Thread 2015-2016

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay I'm going to be a pessimist for this post because right now the optimist in me is screaming SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL!!

Steelers played, well, GREAT!

But.. The Steelers we're on a 10 day break and the 49ers just played on Monday. So a well rested team VS a tired team you should have an edge.

The offense (which is about to get bell back and is two more weeks away from getting Bryant back) is just able to score AT WILL. Best offense in the NFL. Sorry Brady, Sorry Rodgers, sorry Luck but it's true. (Of course I'm biased) lol.

The biggest question mark coming into the game (and season) is the defense, I knew the defense was going to improve throughout the season but what I watched earlier today.. Reminded me of Steel Curtain instead of the wet napkin.

Turnovers, hard hits and pressure on the QB.

Assuming this isn't fools gold from a well rested team taking on a fatigued team.

Look out!

The offense that essentially only scored 14 on the NE patriots average D? Assuming we don't count the garbage time score, that's not exactly "at will".

Brown is elite, bell is elite and Ben is elite but the secondary weapons are average to poor and the O-line is mediocre at best.

Steelers O is top 5 imo, but the defense will definitely be bottom 1/3 and hold them back all year. Blowing out the 49ers means nothing since they could easily be the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

Pittsburgh's next 6 games will be huge. Having to go into STL/SD/KC is tough and if PIT emerges 4-2 or better after 6, I'll start believing in this team.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The offense that essentially only scored 14 on the NE patriots average D? Assuming we don't count the garbage time score, that's not exactly "at will".

Brown is elite, bell is elite and Ben is elite but the secondary weapons are average to poor and the O-line is mediocre at best.

Steelers O is top 5 imo, but the defense will definitely be bottom 1/3 and hold them back all year. Blowing out the 49ers means nothing since they could easily be the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

Pittsburgh's next 6 games will be huge. Having to go into STL/SD/KC is tough and if PIT emerges 4-2 or better after 6, I'll start believing in this team.

No one asked you, Browns fan.

:p

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's true doe, Steelers fans tend to be some of the most delusional in the NFL, second only to Philly and Dallas imo. All the people saying Pittsburgh wins 12+ and wins super bowl are crazy lol. Vegas had the o/u opening around 8.5 on most sites for their total win/loss this year. Obviously, they aren't perfect, but it shows something about how separated the two predictions are.

The nut low is still philly fans who thought 14-2 and a lock to win super bowl was going to happen. Bradford looks terribad and 0-2 means 14 straight wins probably aren't coming lol

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Browns fans are more delusional imo. Steelers fans have high expectations because we actually have star players, especially on offense. Sure the offense or defense may have performed at an 8-8 or 9-7 level lately, but the potential is in fact there and the loss of Bell in the playoffs last year basically ended the year prematurely.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Browns fans are more delusional imo. Steelers fans have high expectations because we actually have star players, especially on offense. Sure the offense or defense may have performed at an 8-8 or 9-7 level lately, but the potential is in fact there and the loss of Bell in the playoffs last year basically ended the year prematurely.

I've pretty much never thought the Browns were going to win more than 7 games and they never do!

Edit: This year excluded, where I think 8-8 is obtainable, but still 6-7 is more realistic.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not hating at all. Your team put in work and did their job.

Congrats, but please don't call ANY offense the best in the NFL just yet. Long way to go and my point was that dropping a 43 burger on a hapless team in your own stadium isn't amazing. The Bills have a great defense AND are well coached and the Patriots dropped 40. Let's see in the upcoming weeks how the Steelers do, against some solid teams, and reevaluate.

Congrats

Never said you were hating :)

I agree only will need more time to officially say anything but I'm going to put myself out there now so when they become the best people will believe me when I say "told you they would be the best" lol

Edit: Steelers scored the 43 points with only 23 minutes time of possession (Two of those minutes were with Michael Vick taking a knee

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

The Steelers moved up and down the field with ease against New England and should of had multiple TD's that they didn't

Heyward-Bey's foot on the line TD catch while wide open. When they were on the 1 yd line and NE D cheated and verbally used a snap count to make the Steelers false start.

when you bring back the 6'4 220lb WR there are no longer any redzone problems. Especially when you take away the fact that it was the opener.

Steelers were 5 for 5 in the RZ against a 49er team that shut down the Vikings.

The Vikings won week 2 with I think 35 points? I'll have to look it up.

Time will tell! :)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Steelers better not make me look the fool and get blown out by the Rams lol

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steelers better not make me look the fool and get blown out by the Rams lol

I doubt that will happen, but you never know in today's NFL. Week to week great teams from last week look like the league's worst. The rams are a perfect example. The true test will be when you play divisional opponents. Under the current structure, those are the games that really count. Baltimore looks like shit, but as I said above...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I doubt that will happen, but you never know in today's NFL. Week to week great teams from last week look like the league's worst. The rams are a perfect example. The true test will be when you play divisional opponents. Under the current structure, those are the games that really count. Baltimore looks like shit, but as I said above...

The Rams are good. I doubt it would happen as well but yeah.

The Ravens just lost Suggs and I think the Raiders go 8-8 at worst (Whaaat???) Yup. Lol

#Boldpredictions

Another thing is that teams in the east like Steelers, Ravens have a difficult time going to the west coast and playing.

Dunno if it's the flight or the heat but they always struggle there.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad news for Steelers fans, hopefully Ben rothlisberger isn't hurt bad.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It looked pretty bad

At first I thought he broke his leg.. Which could potentially have been better because if it's his knee and it looked like that it could be a season ender.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looked pretty bad

At first I thought he broke his leg.. Which could potentially have been better because if it's his knee and it looked like that it could be a season ender.

It did look pretty serious, tough game next week vs a Baltimore team foaming at the mouth for a win. Better lean on Leveon Bell. Cincinnati looks really good this year.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Official word is strained MCL with a bone bruise. No damage to the ACL.

4-6 weeks.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Official word is strained MCL with a bone bruise. No damage to the ACL.

4-6 weeks.

Here is the schedule for the next 4 to 6 weeks

Ravens
@Chargers
Cardinals
@Chiefs
Bengals
Raiders

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Yeah, I dies a little inside.

Good news is the defense is playing well and Vick will have some good weapons (hopefully he can utilize them) he still has a damn cannon on his arm though he is much slower and is prone to fumble.

Good news, Ravens are 0-3 (0-1) and Browns are 1-2

Horrible news Bengals are 3-0 (1-0)

Hopeful news is Bengals 4-6 week schedule looks like this

Chiefs
Seahawks
@Bills
Bye
@Steelers <--- Possible Ben will be back
Browns <------ Come on little sister you can pull an off an upset

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I peg the steelers at 2-4 over next 6 without Ben. 3-3 is generous, but definitely no better. I think they could eek one out over the Chargers in SD and raiders @home. However, I'm assuming they'll be an underdog in 5 of these games, maybe even 6 if oak is legit. I don't think we know that quite yet

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't rely on the Browns for anything besides two free wins

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I peg the steelers at 2-4 over next 6 without Ben. 3-3 is generous, but definitely no better. I think they could eek one out over the Chargers in SD and raiders @home. However, I'm assuming they'll be an underdog in 5 of these games, maybe even 6 if oak is legit. I don't think we know that quite yet

Hopefully it is the generous 3-3 one of which being over the Bengals. *Crosses fingers*

The other issue becomes will Ben be productive when he does come off his injury

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such run bad. Offense looked amazing again, then Ben gets hurt.

On the bright side even if he's not fully effective when he returns he will have one more WR in Martavis Bryant to help him out. Hopefully MB comes back he'll be good for Vick as well.

Unfortunately schedule sucks and the Bengals looks legit for once.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well the Bengals have 4 night time games which means they are guaranteed four losses lol.

Two of those games are back to back then they go to @Cardinals so after back to back losses they might be down on themselves and lose to a good team.

Lol.

I'll take any hope I can to salvage a playoff run :p

Who can forget Daltons primetime game where he had a QBR of 2.

LOL

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be a little worried about the ravens game, on a short week against a club desperate for a win. Cincinnati will probably run away with the north if no one gets in their way.

Oh and btw, Thursdays game will kinda prove if Oakland is legit. If Baltimore wins that proves it for me. Pitt will need at least 21 points to beat Baltimore. I just don't know if Vick can get it done.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd be a little worried about the ravens game, on a short week against a club desperate for a win. Cincinnati will probably run away with the north if no one gets in their way.

Oh and btw, Thursdays game will kinda prove if Oakland is legit. If Baltimore wins that proves it for me. Pitt will need at least 21 points to beat Baltimore. I just don't know if Vick can get it done.

Oakland is good. Ravens almost had Cinci it was a crazy game. Though the Bengals were getting in their own way with bad clock management and not putting up 3 when they had the chance.

Last year the Raiders were probably the best no wins team I've ever seen. I think I said that on this forum somewhere. Then they beat an undefeated Chiefs team (Think it was the Chiefs).

Once you get so many high first round draft picks your destined to become good eventually. lol

I went on record saying they would go 8-8 (at worst) don't forget that when they go 10-6 :D :D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oakland is good. Ravens almost had Cinci it was a crazy game. Though the Bengals were getting in their own way with bad clock management and not putting up 3 when they had the chance.

Last year the Raiders were probably the best no wins team I've ever seen. I think I said that on this forum somewhere. Then they beat an undefeated Chiefs team (Think it was the Chiefs).

Once you get so many high first round draft picks your destined to become good eventually. lol

I went on record saying they would go 8-8 (at worst) don't forget that when they go 10-6 :D :D

Found it. lol

https://www.cardschat.com/p2500645-post96.html