Which poker opponents are you afraid of and why?

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid of any opponent, when I'm at a table I try to identify the regular and recreational players, the regulars I always try to explore the recreational ones, I play with fewer hands and more passive to make a good reading of them

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good aggressive regs. who are constantly putting you to a decision.

Rookie players who aren't aware of hand ranges, position, etc. etc.... often playing in a manner which is repping a good hand... because they are actually thinking in that particular spot they are ahead... but in reality they are a Level 1 thinker and aren't even considering what range of hands you would have in this particular spot.
ie. you're sitting with Top2 pair on flop... with position. Villain fires sizable C-Bet, you call... Turn > villain leads out with another large bet.... river comes what would appear to be a blank.... Villain overshoves pot 'all-in' for stacks (or a significant portion of your stack)... leading to one's thinking "WTF?!?!?!"
You make what you think could only be a hero call (Villain hasn't been out of line bluffing prior to this hand).. and Villain turns over Top pair hand. WTF?

Many other plays with over-valuing hand strength for particular situation....
ie. Villain with position... betting river when checked too with a hand with decent showdown value (but never a hand you'd be betting for value given how the hand has played out and the particular circumstances/situation).

Trying to get into the heads of players when it's difficult to do because the player doesn't even know what they're doing either.

I don't think 'scared' is the correct description of the feeling though. (why be scared?)

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hate to play against the player that can't just raise 3x. They go 10 or 15x. Costs alot to play them and you take a chance to play against them any hand and that takes alot of your starting stack. You have to have a premium starting hand to have a chance and they come few and far between. Not fun poker.
Such rivals are really very inconvenient for their own attempts to steal chips.:D

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid of players, but I would say that there is a profile, or a situation that I dislike, it's when you play someone, you tag him as a fish, and then he leaves without playing against him one hand, or getting one bad beat and he leaves directly. Same with mtts when you change table, or he busts against someone else.

E

eddyrj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is what GTO stands for.
GTO (Game-Theory Optimal): This style of play is where you basically try to play perfect poker , which in turn only allows your opponents to commit mistakes against you (which is where almost all your profit will come from)

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I consider very aggressive players to be feared, since they are players who bet and bet even if they don't have a game

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate playing against aggressive players that put constant pressure on a person

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only players i am "scared" of are players who have a lot of money and therefore can bully anybody else on cash tables regardless of how they play

other than that i am not scared of anybody

however players who are tight + very aggressive + very confident + fearless are uncomfortable

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that guy who always raise the bet even if he have good hand or a bluff, but on every hand he raise

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
only players i am "scared" of are players who have a lot of money and therefore can bully anybody else on cash tables regardless of how they play

however players who are tight + very aggressive + very confident + fearless are uncomfortable
And that's fair enough. Players with two or more times more chips than you have the right to make a mistake.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Super agro you never know what he have

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree

I agree with your opinion. Sometimes we find players who play poker very well. Against them one must always be very careful.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's annoying to play against players that call almost everything.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I am not afraid of any opponents in poker. I used to be afraid of those who have a lot of money, but they often lose.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general im not afraid of playing with any poker player but if there are at table experienced players i play more carrefully.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In general im not afraid of playing with any poker player but if there are at table experienced players i play more carrefully.
In general, it is quite reasonable. I'm wondering, how do you determine that an experienced player is playing with you at the same table?

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Aggressive players who have 5x my amount and bet after me on mid-low strong hands