Which poker opponents are you afraid of and why?

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tight nits that raise me after I make a bet..

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am only afraid of myself, I will not make mistakes then everything will go well, and bad beats and strange players in poker are a normal thing.The main thing is not to make mistakes, then they will start to fear you)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Those who are difficult to beat, but also to play with them maximum pleasure)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many players more skilled than I am, but I am not afraid of any. You can't win if you are not confident.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who are very lucky, many times they play with bad cards but they help them and make them win.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The problem with the fear of bluffs became relevant for me during the period when I first tried to enter the $3 limit in spins. So, when I had $100 left in the cash register, I realized that this was “finita la comedy”. I made a difficult decision for myself and returned to the $1 limit. Before that, I gave myself a break. After that, I began to unravel the tangle of errors, from smallest to largest. I started to study theory at a comfortable limit for myself. I’m afraid of those who bluff in poker. I think the effect of positive / negative reinforcement is important here - if the situation is stuck in our memory when we lost a large important pot in which we bluffed, then this can tie us down . It is important to understand this situation, to understand how our action was justified, and not to move on with a painful burden on our shoulders.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Most of all, I'm afraid of all the players who have a higher pain tolerance than me when it comes to losing money. They bluff often, are unpredictable and simply respawn at the table with new money once you've successfully knocked them out. The polar opposite of my tight, prudent playstyle.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New players, they do not know rules or card rankings not well! Can play with every hand! Tends to get lucky :)

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Loose and agressive players, is too hard to range them. But I wouldn't say scared, just annoys me, cause their time ever comes to be hooked.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The only player I am afraid of is Lady Luck, she is never on my side.
Oh, yes! She's so moody. Today, Lady Luck wants candy or just attention, and tomorrow she won't even look at Maserati.:rolleyes:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to be able to play with any opponent !!! I don't remember such a moment that I would be scared at the poker table)))

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to be able to play with any opponent !!! I don't remember such a moment that I would be scared at the poker table)))
Ukrainians are well done! They are afraid of nothing and no one. That's right, that's the way to live! Glory to Ukraine!:)

T

tribalwars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm afraid of shark because i'm fish:D:rolleyes::cool:

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call it fear now, but in the cash games it's the opponents who play very aggressively and have position on me. Normally I avoid such constellations, but it happens again and again that I myself have position on one/several players who make up for this disadvantage.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't like playing against overly aggressive opponents. Often when I decide to call their bets, they hit cards slightly better than mine.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I can tell you is that when you really understand the games like the basics then the cards, the rules and things shouldn't change that much.

Aces are still aces and if you're not getting the right odds to call then you still shouldn't call, lol.

So since the rules and the game really doesn't change then the only thing that usually causes that "fear" is the stakes. And playing over your head or against people you know are way better than you that you know can take you to the cleaners will cause that fear.

So to avoid this "fear" I would suggest you think about bank roll management to stop worrying so much about the stakes and table selection to avoid the players that have you at a disadvantage.

GL

emfya

emfya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noobs

We all love poker and that's why we come here to get a portion of pleasure. However, the game does not always work out as we would like. And all because the opponent has once again outplayed you.

Mostly those who don’t know what they’re doing and will call down just to see what you have. Impossible to play well against without good cards

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Mostly those who don’t know what they’re doing and will call down just to see what you have. Impossible to play well against without good cards
However, good cards are not necessarily A K Q J in any combinations. Good cards are those that lead to success in a particular hand. Otherwise, poker would be a boring event.:)

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say “the gambler” with an endless bankroll. U know , the guy who pulls out the biggest wad of hundreds and keeps buying in, doubling people up all around you, and when it’s your turn against him, he runs you over and throws u on tilt where u have no chance against him there out. Either that , or the big pot gets chopped and u don’t make anything. Again throwing your game off. Don’t care who u are, unless your a complete psychopath with no emotions, this man will piss u off.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all love poker and that's why we come here to get a portion of pleasure. However, the game does not always work out as we would like. And all because the opponent has once again outplayed you.

Me, myself, the only player able to make me lose my entire stack with a stupid decision.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Me, myself, the only player able to make me lose my entire stack with a stupid decision.
And you said a brilliant thing! In fact, only we are responsible for this or that decision at the poker table. As in life, however, too. I am grateful to you for a concise thought.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid of any rivals in poker. But I respect competent and reasonable opponents, I'm just interested in playing with them. I respect people who are pros in their field, including poker. This indicates their hard work and determination.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At the poker table, I am never afraid of my colleagues because I play my game.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At the poker table, I am never afraid of my colleagues because I play my game.
You are a lucky man. Everyone wants to play their own game. But not everyone succeeds.