Which poker opponents are you afraid of and why?

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aggressive

Aggressive
aggressors are difficult to play against even more when you don't fit a good hand

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't call it fear, I would call it respect, but I don't have a specific name, maybe with those who play you aggressive without looking at the flop, but once you take their hand, you win more than you lose.

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I am not afraid of any player. If he has a better hand I lose and that's it. I don't respect anyone because that could subconsciously have a big brake on my game.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do not like playing against loose aggressive players. I try to be patient but this strategy does not always work.

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't have to be afraid of absolutely anyone. you have to pay attention to your game and progress. indeed, the biggest opponent is you

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's a matter of being afraid. When there's a guy who's very aggressive in the early game, I end up losing good opportunities by being too careful with my chips.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you don't need to be afraid of anyone, but playing with loose-aggressive players is always more difficult, especially with those who are ready to swing the variance as much as possible and are not afraid to go all-in in marginal situations

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is only one true player I fear at the poker table. That would be myself.

Why? I am not a great poker player nor will I ever be a professional but the reason I fear myself is I know I make mistakes at the table and make them all the time. There is no worse feeling than to make a an mistake that cost you a ton of chips or knocks you out of the tournament. To often I could control my destiny in the game and just blow it.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unknown player is scary at first but after one hour on the table I have a good idea how they play their range of hole cards
the most rewarding pots I made is making hero calls at the river on players who triple barrel bluffs on me when I suspect I suspect a bluff from the start and observing the board texture
also making bluffs on player at the river after I hit air I think will lay down the better hand after watching how tight they are post flop
I like that part of poker more than calculating the math on pot odds and measuring chance of hitting and winning on the river or turn

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
One on a heater. Hitting everything, left and right. Always getting there, winning all the flips, etc.

He doesn't need to play bad, he can play good poker but it doesn't even matter the result is the same at the end of the day.

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm afraid of villains guys win everything playing even with bad cards in online poker they are very controversial they call hands with trash cards.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dislike playing LAGs who are ready to gamble. I like low variance, so many a times get runover by LAGs.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is only one true player I fear at the poker table. That would be myself.

Why? I am not a great poker player nor will I ever be a professional but the reason I fear myself is I know I make mistakes at the table and make them all the time. There is no worse feeling than to make a an mistake that cost you a ton of chips or knocks you out of the tournament. To often I could control my destiny in the game and just blow it.
Reading you, I get the impression that I am reading the revelations of a professional. Or the revelations of a person with extensive poker experience. Which in my humble opinion is equivalent. Thanks.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G because I like him a lot and I think he is winning a lot

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't like to play with beginners because they are hard to predict and usually most beginners like to do weird things. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I treat the game as entertainment, so I'm not afraid of my opponents. Poker is a game where someone always wins and someone loses, and that's okay. :)

S

samuri

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
donkeys

the individuals who play any hand . why? Because they don't care if they win or lose.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of the opponents who always play "tight", these wait for the good cards, and when you have to bluff..... the opponent has game....
Conservative opponents are the most dangerous....

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hi.
I don't like to play with beginners because they are hard to predict and usually most beginners like to do weird things. :)
Hi! That's a good point. Newcomers are so unpredictable that it is quite a reasonable decision to be afraid of them. Even when you have an iron option for a local victory.:cool:

C

CoelhoCrazy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played live poker, so I don't know what characteristics of a player make me scared, but online I don't like to face a regular player who adapts according to the tournament table, these guys are the most dangerous to face , as you usually don't want to follow a fixed game strategy and will have to play as things happen at the table so he doesn't exploit you.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
without fear

I personally think that a poker player cannot be afraid of his opponents, otherwise he is in the wrong game. The poker player must use reason only.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid of any player, but I don't really like playing against conservatives, they make the game too close and don't give anything away. :(

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players I'm afraid of

Hate to play against the player that can't just raise 3x. They go 10 or 15x. Costs alot to play them and you take a chance to play against them any hand and that takes alot of your starting stack. You have to have a premium starting hand to have a chance and they come few and far between. Not fun poker.