Which poker opponents are you afraid of and why?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
Good topic, Alex! :icon_thum
In fact, playing poker, you can't be afraid. If you are afraid, then you can consider that you have lost, because poker is not only strategy and discipline - it is also luck and risk. :eek:
But I can say that it is really difficult for me to play at the same table with our favorite moderator - Edison. He has a pretty aggressive monera of the game: It is not like the game of other, no less aggressive players.:deal:

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, it is quite reasonable. I'm wondering, how do you determine that an experienced player is playing with you at the same table?
I was speaking about live poker; i did not mentioned that because i supossed it is known for everybody that you can not know in online poker against who you play:).

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
Good topic, Alex! :icon_thum
In fact, playing poker, you can't be afraid. If you are afraid, then you can consider that you have lost, because poker is not only strategy and discipline - it is also luck and risk. :eek:
But I can say that it is really difficult for me to play at the same table with our favorite moderator - Edison. He has a pretty aggressive monera of the game: It is not like the game of other, no less aggressive players.:deal:
Thanks Masha for the review! I can say that I am afraid of all the opponents sitting at the same table with me. Because from anyone you can expect a non-standard move and a catch in general. I stop being afraid only when I leave the table, or when I asked everyone to leave the table.:D

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all love poker and that's why we come here to get a portion of pleasure. However, the game does not always work out as we would like. And all because the opponent has once again outplayed you.
I'm afraid of rookies who play all hands. because sometimes you have a good hand like AA and a rookie comes in with cards like 23 and wins you a double or a full house.

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm afraid of newbies who play every hand. because sometimes you have a good hand like AA and a rookie walks in with cards like 23 and wins you a double or a full house.

you almost always get crazy, who for one reason or another, bet everything, before the flop, with any hand, at any time, and many times, bad bets come, because of that, sometimes it has happened to me, that playing tournaments .

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude who is muscular looks like the Rock and challenges me to a fight if he gets Butt hurt from a bad beat

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the lucky ones for obvious reasons :)

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good aggressive regs. who are constantly putting you to a decision.

Rookie players who aren't aware of hand ranges, position, etc. etc.... often playing in a manner which is repping a good hand... because they are actually thinking in that particular spot they are ahead... but in reality they are a Level 1 thinker and aren't even considering what range of hands you would have in this particular spot.

I don't think 'scared' is the correct description of the feeling though. (why be scared?)

I agree on both counts...also I would say "uncomfortable" rather than "scared."

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more patience beacuse to me are oponents with more study and learn in poker

K

karylpretty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all love poker and that's why we come here to get a portion of pleasure. However, the game does not always work out as we would like. And all because the opponent has once again outplayed you.

Worst players getting lucky all the time

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
more patience beacuse to me are oponents with more study and learn in poker
Precisely! More patience is the key to success. And patience is well developed by fishing.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst players getting lucky all the time

When it comes to fast blinds, I actually agree. And that's what makes these maniacs so dangerous. I had one the other day at a Sit&Go. The player just went all in and there were only 6 blinds left. There's not much you can do about it except avoid such fast games.

But the longer the game goes on, the more likely you can avoid such confrontations. Such maniacs have rather less chances in longer terms.:cool:

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you almost always get crazy, who for one reason or another, bet everything, before the flop, with any hand, at any time, and many times, bad bets come, because of that, sometimes it has happened to me, that playing tournaments .
Yes, you find sub-standard players who play with all hands and win you with a bad hand.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I wouldn't say I'm afraid, but as I almost always play freerolls, and in these tournaments we find many recreational players and they play more freely, I think they are always trying to steal from me, I'm not sure how to play, because I'm a more solid player, but never fear, just lack of experience.

Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

the worst are the fishes who go all in with nothing and win the hand
no sense

rgds

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say I don't like fishes cause they always seem to hook and sink from them, they seem to catch most of the time with me. They also can be the best players to take chips from, as lo g as they don't catch. Tight players are tough as well, cause anytime they are in you think they a strong hand. At times they may bluff too cause ,they make you over think hands cause you think you are beat by them.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am afraid of maniacs, because they always go with an all in that in the end, no matter how bad a hand it is, they always manage to connect and that always leads to a great loss even for the strongest hands:eek:

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm not afraid of anyone, I believe that poker is a sport to enjoy and have a good time, regardless of what happens in the session, you always have to be relaxed and give it your all, good luck to everyone in this game.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None lately because I'm learning to make my game more profitable, but before I was afraid of maniacs because you never knew what you could find and ruin your tournament.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like in all those old Western Movies, who would play poker with all those guns around ??

So ya, I'd stay away from anyone ARMED !!!

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always improve and every day you have a rematch at the tables. Do not lower your arms good results are yet to come.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I wouldn't say I'm afraid, but as I almost always play freerolls, and in these tournaments we find many recreational players and they play more freely, I think they are always trying to steal from me, I'm not sure how to play, because I'm a more solid player, but never fear, just lack of experience.

Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)
There are enough thieves in poker. But I don't really like the definition of a thief in poker. The art of bluffing is a whole science. Forcing an opponent to give away chips cannot be compared to stealing chips from pocket.:rolleyes: