Your favorite football player? Who and why?

• Thread starter christmasscorpion
  • Start date
N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

In American football my favorite player is the ageless quarterback Tom Brady. Unbelievable at his age that he is still one of the players in history. His quick release means he make decisions and takes advantage of other teams at the drop of a hat. He is the best!

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt Diego Armando Maradona, I know that Pele has more merits, but Maradona's was a too complete player for me, his instinct for agility, speed and cunning on the field was not normal, the quality with which he handled the ball and the The way he defined excellent unfortunately his personal problems did not allow him to achieve greater achievements but that does not remove the phenomenon that he was, a fantastic and gifted player overshadowed by a deadly vice.

Last edited:
S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite player is Cristiano Ronaldo because he is a player who has all the qualities.

N

nenowjb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being Brazilian, I am extremely happy to see many of you choosing players from my country, like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (Phenomenon). Contrary to the rivalry between brazil and argentina, currently my favorite player is the Argentine Lionel Messi. Second Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite player in football history is Ronaldo the phenomen...but in this last year's Cristiano Ronaldo has broken all the records in football...physical conditions...mental conditions...strategy power....leadership...he has all to be the best player ever existed...

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pele...with it, the parade of legendary players began

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best

My favorite soccer player, It will always be the great Roberto Carlos, the best winger of all time, spectacular punching vision and unbeatable speed, The best Brazilian player I have seen, Ronaldinho is also good but in my opinion I consider Roberto Carlos better.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

we think the best football class of all time was a rifle but I don't follow it so much anymore because Hungary was very good in football now the whole Hungarian football is worth nothing

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite player is Ronaldinho, I admired his game he is a great player, I tried not to miss matches and watch almost every match, I watched with pleasure, he is a football genius. He remained in my heart in my memory forever.

Good question, good answer.
Neymar in a good day it's very good too.
Messi is incredible.
But Ronaldinho was a "special" player, happy and here to give only pleasure.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
my soccer player of all time
MARADONA y RONALDO the phenomen-R9

my 11 would be this

Lev Yashin
Cafú - Beckembauer - Maldini - Roberto Carlos
Pirlo - Platini - Messi -Maradona

Pelé - R9

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Juan Roman Riquelme, from Boca Juniors, was a player who had all character and a lot of talent

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neymar. He might not be the most effective player, but for me he's the most entertaining.

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a 11, I would probably prefer Buffon as the goalkeeper.
I don't know how is it possible not to put CR7 in the team.

Maradona, I like the player too.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mine is Pelé, I didn't see him play, but I've watched almost all his games on YouTube or on DVD. He was a magician at the time.
The second is Maradona, as he was a genius with a good foot and finally Messi he is just fantastic.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jerry Rice. Incredibly talented and a really hard worker.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This goes back quite a few years, but I loved to watch how masterful in controlling the ball Johan Cruyff was when he played for Ajax of Amsterdam.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ronaldinho Gaucho. For the happy football he played!​

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't have favourite, but in their times the following was quiet good:

In the 50s' the Hungarian Golden Team, all of them were a star in the nowadays viewpoints - sad that the commies did not let them win the World Cup, at least once, but they got 4 Olympic gold medal, and in those years, no age restriction was on Olympic Games, so it was like world cup

In the 70s, 80s not so many players, teams, matches i saw, probably, Beckenbauer, Platini, Boniek, Maradona, was great with several others

In the 90s the big Milan players, generally the hole team, Maldini, Baresi the best ever mid defender couple ever for me. They had a Sevcsenko, later on Kaka, they had their moments, how Inzaghi, the Filippo, who was just an average, but clever guy, and he drove nuts all the defense because of his intelligence on the pitch, nothing else.

From the last generation, there are few, especially the real characters are out from football, it is too professional and money centric. But Buffon, Pirlo, Zidane, even both Ronaldo was a great player.

Nowadays, I do not see any from the next generation, whose comparable to these players.

One of my favourite was Gennaro Gattuso, in his golden age, he never give up, had some football knowledge, but everything else was his real strenght, and even lift him above the talented players, like Inzaghi, I can't name similar ones nowadays... everywhere, highly overpaid average players without character, the football become unenjoyable for me, it is just business, even for the players... I just read the transfers in January, some noname English 2nd leauge player was sold for 20+ million, in the middle of the 'virus crisis'... are these fellahs total nuts??????, meantime, i am sure they could buy the same 'quality' from all around the world for 5-10% of this price, what is it? business, sure not some corruption... and the managers, owners, agents play the real game, behind the curtain, the football became a fake show, so the 6th division hobby players in my surrounding area my best players nowadays

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Your favorite football player? Who and why?

Without a doubt my favorite player is Messi, an example of perseverance and sacrifice.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have two favorite players, Zidane, an incredible player with a sensational technique and Ronaldinho who was just a magician.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a favorite player, if I had a favorite player, I would also have to pick a favorite team.

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite football player is Raúl Jiménez number 9 in Wolverhampton. The reason is simple, iv'e been following this team since I was very young and Raúl has made Wolverhampton come back to it's glory days. Yes they are not the top of the league this year but as a true supporter you stick by them even when things don't go all the way!

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lothar Matthäus. Just liked his all-round football ability and energy. Classic midfielder who could do everything, buzzer, spreader, cruncher... Captained Germany to World Cup victory back in the day, one of the few players ever to be able to even get close to man-marking the legendary Maradona (almost).