Your favorite football player? Who and why?

• Thread starter christmasscorpion
  • Start date
K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi

The best soccer player alive Messi. If he had won a world champion with his national team he would be the GOAT

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best is Zidane, no doubt about it. But the favorite is Ryan Giggs. The best left-hander of his time and the best assists. Paul Scholes, Tieri Henri, Filipo Inzaghi,... the question is not very simple)

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Andriy Shevchenko Winner of the 2004 Golden Ball. Twice became the top scorer of the Champions League, twice - the Italian championship

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maradona will always be a legend!! I am a little younger so I grew up loving Beckham with Man U.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
James Robinson, Running back for the Jags. I picked him up in my fantasy league week 2, and he turned out to be one of the most talented new players I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Plus, his points got me first :D.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zinedine Zidane! Wicked header on that guy.��

My man aswell. Even though i don t think you are talking World Championship 98.

He s been a new species back than. Just the CL goal in the final against Leverkusen is magic enough for a whole career.

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite

My favourite player from the past is Puskas and the Hungarian Golden Age National team see England-Hungary 3-6. And from today sport Szoboszlai Dominik a young hungarian talent who can be a good one if he can find a good team in a prime league.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me maybe it would be mohamed salah, she came from a small country and great talent is not detached from herself and she is very talented.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cristiano Ronaldo. Because is the best.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Zlatan Ibrahimović, he's pretty fun to watch.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
favourite English football player = Peter Beardsley. He had quick feet, balance, vision and all round technique to match anyone. If some of his goals and even passes had been produced by a more glamorous player the media would still be salivating over them now.
favourite America football player = Jim Brown. I'm going off highlight reels but wow - unbelievable combination of speed, power, agility and ability to read the field. Could also pass like a QB so must have been a nightmare to defend against.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shevchenko is the best in dedication.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite player was Real Ronaldo, but I also really liked Ronaldinho’s game, they were both real geniuses.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So being a preston ne fan. No doubt most people would have heard of tom finney. Unfortunately played way before my time so doesnt count. So my favourite player in my lifetime was sean gregan. Maestro midfielder.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ronaldinho was untouchable in his prime

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion the best player was and is Ronaldinho. what he did with the ball, how he played he was some 10 years ahead of his time, the most talented and talented football player on the planet. in addition, his story of how he achieved it all is very nice, I read a book. I admire

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I remember watching the 1966 World cup Final when England won against germany and I could name the whole English squad, Plus the entire squad of Manchester City's 1st team back then. I was 11 years old and loved football so much if I wasn't watching it I was playing it.
Great football Players like the Charton Bothers Bobby and Jackie, Knobby Stiles, Bobby Moore but one of the greatest at that Era was Georgie Best, unfortunately he played for Manchester United and I hated United but there was no denying he was one of the first Football Super Stars.
Now I cannot watch football as most of today's players are spoiled Prima-Donna's and fall down in agony if they break a fingernail, Too much money for little or no talent, and as I am too damned old to kick a ball around I have no interest in the game.

Give me Poker any day of the week, at least the old grey matter still works, He! He!

MatiasGomez

MatiasGomez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case I think I have to name several. When I was a kid my favorite player was Shevchenko, then Riquelme, being a Boca Juniors fan. I always really enjoyed watching Ronaldhino play. But at present would be Messi, he is the best player in the world and for me in history.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
George Best

He was a genius in the days when football was played by real men, rather than overpaid prima-donna drama queens.
A genuine character with flair and imagination, and a natural talent for scoring goals.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great football Players like the Charton Bothers Bobby and Jackie, Knobby Stiles, Bobby Moore but one of the greatest at that Era was Georgie Best, unfortunately he played for Manchester United and I hated United but there was no denying he was one of the first Football Super Stars.
Now I cannot watch football as most of today's players are spoiled Prima-Donna's and fall down in agony if they break a fingernail, Too much money for little or no talent, and as I am too damned old to kick a ball around I have no interest in the game.

Give me Poker any day of the week, at least the old grey matter still works, He! He!

spot on :)