NBA Playoffs 2018

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a reason Houston brought in CP3 and it was yet again proved. They were up 3-2 in series with far from 100% Chris Paul. Then lose 2 straight. They need his leadership and Floor General role. Bad timing for injury but was lucky for Golden State once again. Watch Lebron pull a weak KD move and join Houston next year.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching the western conference finals last night and it was a good game. I was pulling for the Warriors but in the first half I thought they were done

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Him and Harden would not fit together I don't see him doing it they both too ball dominant.

Cap space is sort of an issue but he can pull a CP3 he has a player option he can opt in and get traded to Houston.

IF LBJ stays in the Land maybe CP3 comes to the Land, he is an UFA.

There is a reason Houston brought in CP3 and it was yet again proved. They were up 3-2 in series with far from 100% Chris Paul. Then lose 2 straight. They need his leadership and Floor General role. Bad timing for injury but was lucky for Golden State once again. Watch Lebron pull a weak KD move and join Houston next year.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
He will NEVER go to Boston just too much history between the both sides.

Boston trade Irving & Hayward for Kwahi and Dejonte Murray that's not a bad option for Boston.

Trade irving, go after kwahi, or go after.....lbj. I actually think lbj would strongly consider it. Championships with 3 different teams would just add to his legend. Maybe they could pull a golden state and both go to the same team. With that thought, if the cavs went after kwahi, would that keep lbj in Cleveland?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I think LBJ stays in the Land and already has something cooking. No one knows what he will do, all is speculation do not buy any report from anyone claiming they know what he will do this summer.

He has said he has two factors in his decision this off season - Family and Winning.

People never mention Cleveland as an option for free agents this summer. But I think LBJ has put up the biggest advertisement for all free agents with his performances this post season. Who would not want to play him? I know some are going to say Kyrie but he is a little crazy he legitimately thinks the earth is flat.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He leaves if they don't get someone quality this summer. I think he would consider Boston if they traded away irving. Houston if they could work out a contract. I actually think he would go west, which would be good for the east. It could make a good philly/Boston rivalry for years to come. Maybe houston is wishful thinking even though I'm not a fan of them, but that would set up great rivalries in both conferences instead of just gs vs lbj every year.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kwahi and lbj both to LA maybe? Fits for lbj due to all his business, and kwahi has been rumored to have the Lakers high on his list.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to re-emphasize that I believe the Warriors will win over the Cavs in a gentleman's sweep, which I predicted before the playoffs started.

As for where Lebron goes, I think there are realistically only 2 choices.

1: Cleveland
2: Some team in the East

There is no way Lebron is heading west. You know why? Because the West is stacked with powerhouse teams and there isn't even a guarantee that you will play in the Finals. Because of how much weaker the East is, Lebron has been able to take advantage of that all these years, and that is not going to change.

I think Lebron leaves for a team like Philly. He can really take them over the top, and their young guns can carry Lebron when he finally starts to fade and takes a reduced role.

crazymakak

crazymakak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if Tatum can save PHX. So probably not even though Tatum is extremely good. Basically you're asking if you trade Tatum for Doncic/Ayton. It's a tough question. What would PHX do with Josh Jackson? Yeah I guess if I'm Boston I'm not sure why I'd do it. If I'm PHX, I'm not sure why I'd do it as well.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to re-emphasize that I believe the Warriors will win over the Cavs in a gentleman's sweep, which I predicted before the playoffs started.

As for where Lebron goes, I think there are realistically only 2 choices.

1: Cleveland
2: Some team in the East

There is no way Lebron is heading west. You know why? Because the West is stacked with powerhouse teams and there isn't even a guarantee that you will play in the Finals. Because of how much weaker the East is, Lebron has been able to take advantage of that all these years, and that is not going to change.

I think Lebron leaves for a team like Philly. He can really take them over the top, and their young guns can carry Lebron when he finally starts to fade and takes a reduced role.

I give it a slightly more likely chance that they lose 4-1. If lbj went to houston, then they are the team, the west isnt super loaded, won't be after the off season. There will be 4 or so super teams in the league and lbj will have to be on one of them or he won't be seeing the finals again. I think Philly is a option for sure, but you can rule out a west team, not for the reason you stated. It's possible that kwahi, james, and George could all go to the same place. I think lbj wants a big market team, kwahi seems to want the same. But who knows, we will just have to see, but I definitely don't think it's limited to east teams.

The cavs should post up lbj every play. That's their only chance to be competitive in the series unless a few people step up big time, which they haven't been doing.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I agree not 100% post up but he has to post up more than has done so far in playoffs. LBJ has to control the pace of the game. We cannot run up and down and get into a shoot out with GSW we got no shot like that. We need to slow pace down, take care of ball, dominate the glass, get physical and really muck the game up. Areas we need to win -Rebounds, Turnovers & Pts in Paint. We do that we have a shot.

Pretty much game plan should be similar to 2015 finals.
The cavs should post up lbj every play. That's their only chance to be competitive in the series unless a few people step up big time, which they haven't been doing.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I give it a slightly more likely chance that they lose 4-1.

I'm guessing you never heard the phrase gentleman's sweep. It doesn't mean an actual sweep, it means 4 games to one. The phrase comes because realistically the stronger team could have swept but they "allowed" the other team to take one game to not totally embarrass them. Of course no team is intentionally giving up a game but you get the idea now what a gentleman's sweep is.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing you never heard the phrase gentleman's sweep. It doesn't mean an actual sweep, it means 4 games to one. The phrase comes because realistically the stronger team could have swept but they "allowed" the other team to take one game to not totally embarrass them. Of course no team is intentionally giving up a game but you get the idea now what a gentleman's sweep is.
I was saying 4-1 because earlier in this thread I gave a higher chance of it being 4-0. I was agreeing.

All depends on game plans really, post lbj, get gs in foul trouble then let lbj start driving and finishing, or kicking it out. They couldn't stop harden when he was going to the rim, makes you wonder why they kept jacking up all those 3s.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Everyone is underestimating Cavs. I guarantee we will surprise everyone.
Iggy is out for game 1 for sure. He will be evaluated for game 2. Wonder who guards LBJ?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not underestimating them, but I don't like their coaching. If they were consistent, and the coaches looked at the angles, like I said above about posting him, and later on driving hard I'd give them 40/60 chance to win the series. I don't think any of that will happen though. I am curious what the game 3 line will be.

That said, you add Iggy being out, love being questionable, not many will back the cavs. For me it's really about the consistency outside of lbj. Jr could go off for all I know, he was over 50 percent in 3s last finals. I want it to be competitive but if they just give the ball to lbj and say go do your thing, then it's going to be a short series.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was saying 4-1 because earlier in this thread I gave a higher chance of it being 4-0. I was agreeing.

All depends on game plans really, post lbj, get gs in foul trouble then let lbj start driving and finishing, or kicking it out. They couldn't stop harden when he was going to the rim, makes you wonder why they kept jacking up all those 3s.

Whoops misunderstood, thanks for clarifying.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't care to watch this NBA finals again but will cheer for underdog cavaliers. tired of golden state. they are very lucky cp3 got injured.

Y

yuroktexas84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lebron's going to Houston, is that true ?

Y

yuroktexas84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allegedly Chris Paul wants this transition to take place.

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I saw for the season. Houston is much stronger than Cleveland. The ending is no longer interesting to me. I hope to see the big changes in the next season

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Paul must have been reading my posts, haha.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm about to watch game one of the NBA finals. .....yessss. Too bad that it's the same ole teams playing but it's what everyone wanted to see so here it is. Go warriors

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to see the Cleveland Le brons win this one I think the warriors just have so much depth and can shoot from anywhere, Although it was sad to see Huston go when i harden going to get a ring!