Chips
Tiger now has 3 wins this year...lets gooooo

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger was said to have had a "collapse" at the US Open, but if you look at it objectively, he was very competitive on a super-difficult course heading into his latest win. He was also very even-tempered at the AT&T, and his game was well under control. Again, this is great for golf. Tiger has his game together heading into The Open.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tiger was said to have had a "collapse" at the US Open, but if you look at it objectively, he was very competitive on a super-difficult course heading into his latest win. He was also very even-tempered at the AT&T, and his game was well under control. Again, this is great for golf. Tiger has his game together heading into The Open.

Not often I find myself sayin this about one of your posts in this thread, but

I concur. :)

M

mhille

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no tiger or phil on the weekend. First time this has ever happened since they've been on the tour together.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing watching the Greenbrier - guys are just tearing this course up. How did Phil and Tiger not make the cut? All kind of crazy unkowns are popping up. I thought Webb Simpson would finish strong, but he's looking like an amateur finishing up. Fun to see lots of scoring opportunities, but this is ridiculous.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing watching the Greenbrier - guys are just tearing this course up. How did Phil and Tiger not make the cut? All kind of crazy unkowns are popping up. I thought Webb Simpson would finish strong, but he's looking like an amateur finishing up. Fun to see lots of scoring opportunities, but this is ridiculous.

Great tourney for the underdog. Sucks Kelly didn't win but it's very awesome a mini tour legend like Potter won. This week we will find out if Steve Stricker can win 4 straight John Deere Classic tourneys!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Open Championship is this week. Great major every year, awesome style of golf. Get em Tiger

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger goes back to #1 if he wins the Open this week. He's actually leading the FedEx Cup standings. I think its more likely that a European wins it again, who I don't know. Phil Mick needs to get it together, I really want him to make a run at this one. Rooting for Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, Mickelson, JByrd, Stricker, Glover. Looks like weather might play a role, that prob. favors the natives.

talking2rocks911

talking2rocks911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He didn't win one of only 2 or 3 times he has had a lead after day 3 and not finished to win... so sad... tiger is on his way back though... almost there

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heard a commentator say Tiger seemed very relaxed at the majors, and I totally agree. He's been very even-tempered at The Open, and playing solid golf. Missing cuts in recent events is hard to explain, but in the grand scheme of things, almost meaningless if you play well in majors.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can go mow our lawns now, Adam Scott is putting on a back nine snoozefest to close out The Open. Congrats, (yawn...).

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, glad I didn't do the yardwork yet. The freak with the 8-foot putter is about to fall victim to a bunker, and make it a photo finish. Serves him right, I'm glad he's on a bogey bender.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At least we can now tell Steve Williams, it ain't the caddy, it's the playa.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm amazed that Adam Scott, with his Superhero Brand putter, couldn't hit the gimme to force a playoff! And Tiger finishes third after a disastrous final round - sounds crazy, but he beat Adam Scott by two strokes. A triple bogey on the front nine put him behind the 8ball. The finish won't hurt Tiger's world ranking. He beat the rest of the top ten, and most of the top 40 in the world.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fred Couples is back in the win column! Won the senior british open, which gets him into next year's british open!

M

MiddlePair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So glad my man Ernie Els is doing well. He was in a slump for a bit there.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, as much as Adam Scott lost The Open, Els won it. And his long birdie putt on 18 had to have rattled Scott. Scott is a good putter, but I hate that whole jolly green giant long-as-hell putter thing some of those guys do. Just putt like everybody else, for god's sake.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big tourney at firestone finishing up today along with reno-tahoe open (john daly is in the top 5), and the pga championship is next week. should be a good sunday to sunday of golf!

M

MiddlePair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big tourney at firestone finishing up today along with reno-tahoe open (john daly is in the top 5), and the pga championship is next week. should be a good sunday to sunday of golf!

hahah John Daly! I just read somewhere that he has the highest score ever recorded on a single hole in a PGA Tour event ( he shot an 18 on a par5 at the 1998 Bay Hill Invite)

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Went to the first PGA Championship practice round at Kiawah today (Monday). Was hot as hell, but the course is awesome. Got Jason Dufner to sign my ticket. He's got a great sig with personality. Also got Ernie Els (nice guy, but his signature is ridiculously bad), and Rory Sabbatini(great signature). Keegan Bradley, fresh off a win, signed a few and then used an impromptu tv interview as an excuse to turn his back on others who wanted just a minute of his time - so he earns the nickname, 'Snotnose'. If you're not gonna sign for all, just sign for the kids. It's a much better excuse.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://golf.about.com/od/faqs/f/par5aces.htm

This is a very interesting article I just found as well. Seems fake to me. Take a look.

Well, you have to consider that there are a lot of courses out there, and a lot of players. There have to be some par fives that are reachable by 'cheating', that is aiming over or even through trees or other obstacles thereby taking a shortcut to the green. In most instances, this would be a recipe for disaster, but one in a million is still a chance. So I do believe it has been done. Proof? thats another thing

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
18 at Bay Hill

hahah John Daly! I just read somewhere that he has the highest score ever recorded on a single hole in a PGA Tour event ( he shot an 18 on a par5 at the 1998 Bay Hill Invite)

Daly is truly unique in his profession. I guess being a father may have calmed him down some (he used to have quite a temper and it would even show on the course, despite golf's reputation). The fact that Daly has won two majors is quite a thing to consider. I'll guarantee you that the 18 at Bay Hill was just a combination of frustration and temper. Daly used to walk off of courses during tournament play as well. He's sort of a Happy Gilmore story.
Looked it up: http://www.golf.com/photos/worst-holes-golf-history/john-daly-worst-holes-history-0
Doesn't go into much detail, but a fun read nonetheless.