Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mr. McIlroy has got some serious game. Wowser.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a difficult course, the youngest Rory on tour turned in an impressive sweat-free victory. The PGA Championship win gave Rory McIlroy a firm grip on #1 in the world. Tiger Woods moved back to number 3, behind Luke Donald. Tiger still holds first place in the FedEx Cup standings, with 3 wins on the season, the most of any player.

Last edited:
L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PGA anyone? NEver, Ever invite the world to come play an ocean course - ireland will eat your cake and fk it too. The top 3 of 5 were all like Brits...Americans never play ocean courses - Iknow I worked as a pro at 2 of them...Kiawah being one. Tiger never puts well on slowish greens - ever. IT rains and hes leving puts short.... Tiger never up never inn???? THats niot the tiger I know. He used to jamit 4 feet past and make the come-backer - now I know he just puts his ball on line a lot and lets the speedy greens keep em str8 - if their slow he seems to lag em up there. Oh well.

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mcelroy swings hios driver very hard. 5'9 and 310 yards = gonna blow up 4 tourneys in a row and then crush the field (see masters - hooking into deep woods off). He is very talented but whens the last time you saw him scale back and feather a fade into the meat of the fairway? Thats why tiger is so great - we sw him hit hooks and fades, stingers etc... Thats what keeps him in the top 10 every freakin week or so. 3 wins aint all bad - and he contended in most majors for a little while.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PGA anyone? NEver, Ever invite the world to come play an ocean course - Ireland will eat your cake and fk it too. The top 3 of 5 were all like Brits...Americans never play ocean courses - Iknow I worked as a pro at 2 of them...Kiawah being one. Tiger never puts well on slowish greens - ever. IT rains and hes leving puts short.... Tiger never up never inn???? THats niot the tiger I know. He used to jamit 4 feet past and make the come-backer - now I know he just puts his ball on line a lot and lets the speedy greens keep em str8 - if their slow he seems to lag em up there. Oh well.
Yeah, it may have been in the US, but there were plenty of guys from across the pond who were well suited to that type of course. McIlroy proved it to the utmost. Might've been a classic finish if he hadn't torn it up so good.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mcelroy swings hios driver very hard. 5'9 and 310 yards = gonna blow up 4 tourneys in a row and then crush the field (see masters - hooking into deep woods off). He is very talented but whens the last time you saw him scale back and feather a fade into the meat of the fairway? Thats why tiger is so great - we sw him hit hooks and fades, stingers etc... Thats what keeps him in the top 10 every freakin week or so. 3 wins aint all bad - and he contended in most majors for a little while.
Yeah, I totally agree. Rory is capable of winning any tournament he's in. It's just a matter of controlling all his talents. Kinda reminds me of Bubba Watson. You're right about Tiger, too. He has a mature game that keeps him in the hunt a lot.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You think Bubba Watson is capable, or even has any desire to win a bunch of tourneys? My guess, he wants to earn a nice living & enjoy his family & friends & the expectations & pressure that come with winning big & consistently hold no interest for him.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You think Bubba Watson is capable, or even has any desire to win a bunch of tourneys? My guess, he wants to earn a nice living & enjoy his family & friends & the expectations & pressure that come with winning big & consistently hold no interest for him.
Sure, Bubba Watson is sort of laid back, when he's not on the course. I think he has a lot of talent and a competitive built in nature though. He used to let his temper show a lot earlier in his career, from what I've seen. After he won the Masters and took the long break, I guess it was easy to assume that he didn't care as much as the others. He's got as much talent as Rory, if not the same level of desire.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Think we are saying pretty much the same thing, certainly did not mean it as a knock on Bubba, man obv has a great deal of natural ability. There is competitve, like Tiger, Jordan & such & there is the garden varitey competitive that most have, ie, I'll practice & try hard when I'm playin, but there are more important things than winning types. My guess Bubba's kids will know there Dad, unlike Jordans who read about him in the papers.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would be sick if sergio wins the barclays today...if this happens he would have won back to back tourneys on the pga tour!!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sergio went back to his old ways and played awful to get 3rd place. Nice to see Nick Watney win, he has a chance at the ryder cup now! Definitely needs to play great for 1 more tourney

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FedExCup minutiae

Hated to see Sergio go down in flames like that. Nick Watney's Barclay win gave him #1 position in the FedExCup. Didn't know he was having such a superior year. He's #19 in the world. The FedExCup is obviously a far different beast than the world rankings, and its format has evolved as the years have gone by. Check out this FedExCup Wiki link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FedEx_Cup
"In 2007, the money was placed into their tax-deferred retirement accounts, not given in cash." Weird...

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McIlroy with the big Deutsche win to widen his lead on world #1. Woods is catching up to Luke Donald quickly. Woods and McIlroy with 4 rounds in the 60's. Great to see Phil Mickelson back on a leaderboard too. New world ranking comes out tomorrow, I think.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods has officially passed Puke Donald for #2 in the world. Luke hasn't done a damn thing since he was in Star Wars. And Rory McIlroy has such a dominating lead over Woods, it could be years before we see a new #1. He reached out and grabbed it convincingly, by his own merit.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully Tiger wins the Tour Championship...would do a lot for him leading up to the Ryder Cup!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snedeker in an upset... nice chip in highlight.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Heard someone on ESPN, I assume, say if none of the top 5 won today & Tiger finished outright 3rd & Rory outright 4th, they would be in a dead tie & would play the par 3 18th hole for the 10 Million.
That would have been fun to watch, nice win by Snedecker though.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No problem using the choke word when a team blows this big a lead at home, but kudos to the European team, they really stepped up today.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great comeback back the European side to take it down. The US spectators and Bradley on the US team should learn some real sportsmanship from Phill Michleson, that guy is a real class act. Eldrick blows up again, 2 losses and a 1/2 point, not exactly a stellar performance.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not a tiger fan ...but why put him last in the singles????
horrible decision to put bubba first.....he doesnt handle attention well...

reverse tiger and bubba and its a cakewalk

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great comeback back the European side to take it down. The US spectators and Bradley on the US team should learn some real sportsmanship from Phill Michleson, that guy is a real class act.

100%. Mickelson WAS a class act - during and after. He was totally sporting when Rose got the birdies on 17 AND 18, then again afterwards when Davis Love was taking flak for not playing him and Bradley on Saturday afternoon....Mickelson spoke up and said he had told Love to rest them both.

Class.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Europeans again prove why they're greater golfers right now than the Americans. Epic fail...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brightest spots for the US were Z. Johnson and Dufner. I see a HUGE year next year for Dufner.