Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan Spieth is on fire

Lots of tv time for Bill Murray at Pebble Beach, as usual. Jordan Spieth focusing well after his somewhat negative press concerning a confrontation with autograph seekers. Beautiful scenery, looks like a moving portrait with the action of the ocean. HDTV was made for this.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of tv time for Bill Murray at Pebble Beach, as usual. Jordan Spieth focusing well after his somewhat negative press concerning a confrontation with autograph seekers. Beautiful scenery, looks like a moving portrait with the action of the ocean. HDTV was made for this.

Yeah and doesn't Murray look OLD.
Some of the holes are awesome, not really seen the course in close up before.
Speith looks fit and is swinging fairly well, I might get some early season money on him for the Masters.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HDTV

Yeah and doesn't Murray look OLD.
Some of the holes are awesome, not really seen the course in close up before.
Speith looks fit and is swinging fairly well, I might get some early season money on him for the Masters.

Lol, that's one of the drawbacks to HDTV, it might show every flaw on your face in detail. Not like the good old tube tv days with the rabbit ears.
You're right Fig, Speith looks solid enough to easily be the favorite in Augusta. I doubt Tiger will try to play it, too bad really.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty impressive display from DJ he's even firing well in the bedroom!!

180yrd 9 irons makes the game slightly easier, think my 180yr club is a 6 iron, best get down the GYM.

question is can he win the MASTERS ?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to seeing how young English lad Tyrol Hatton gets on in the next 6 US pga events. The kid is a fearless putter.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope he goes well, best of the young bunch at the mo. Tough school as many find out.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am happy that golf has started and I hope I can get out this year and play

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hatton in 2nd place after 3 rounds at the Honda!! I told you this kid can putt
Can't see Fowler making a mess of this one though he also looks like he's putting great.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tied 4th excellent effort after the start, good to see no216 in may 2016 and top 20 if not higher . That's some effort

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honda Classic was fun, but now there's more controversy over rowdy fans. The 17th was reminiscent of the Phoenix Open's 16th. Fun if you like that sort of thing, but watching it live I picked up on some players not exactly taking a liking. I really don't have a problem with it, it's not like there were bullhorns going off. Golf - the only sport in which we're supposed to stop moving, stop talking, give the player ultimate peace in which to work his craft. Sounds more like competitive yoga.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This week should be interesting. I believe that it is the highest altitude course ever played on the PGATour this week in mexico.

Rory is coming back from an injury and should be poised for a good finish.

The odds are loving DJ, but I don't see him winning here.

I can see an Oosthuizen type player having a sneaky week. Molinari is another guy who consistently flies under the radar.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stenson and Rose are my two main picks this week in Mexico with J Vegas my outsider. apparently its a tight course which plays quite short due the the altitude, I'm going on guys who i know hit the fairways and greens in reg.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mexico tournament was indeed interesting, although there were no kidnappings or beheadings. On another note, was in lol mode hearing but not seeing Mickelson pleading for relief from the deep hedges that fenced a busy road beyond. DJ dominates again, from his #1 perch.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had Spieth, McIlroy and Thomas on yahoo fantasy but really didn't believe in DJ and he proved me wrong

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going to go with Stenson and Chucky this week with my fellow Canuck Graham DeLaet as a sleeper.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So Stenson pulled out last week cause of sickness, not injury?

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Stenson pulled out last week cause of sickness, not injury?

Apparently.
On the one hand I feel like Stenson WD's more than the average golfer, but he had free FC points and OWGR points if he stuck it out for 4 rounds, so maybe he wasn't feeling up to it

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't think Tiger will be in Augusta this year. What do you guys think - yes or no.
http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/tiger-woods-says-hes-trying-everything-to-play-at-2017-masters/

Well absolutely the plan must have been early season play to get match fit for the Masters. He must he distraught, I would be, I mean as a golfer who doesn't want to play at Augusta?
You know this guy is a worker, he's going to have been doing all his exercises religiously for months, it seems to be a cruel irony that a man with such immense talent can't use it because the body is failing.
I find it unusual with all the resources at his disposal that he can't find someone who can sort out his back issues. Its unfortunate but he is becoming a bit of a side show and it's too late now for any sort of decent showing if he does make it.
I would expect to see him there even if he just uses the first two rounds for practice.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching tiger early into his comeback he looked like he was swinging within himself, but like us all nobody likes being out driven. He started slashing it again and he just can't do it anymore. The brain is a wonderful thing I'm sure in time he can come back, well i hope 👍 it's hard in your 40s and painkillers don't work after a while 😱

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dustin Johnson 3 wins in a row, wow. Has extreme control of his game, and I foresee a hold on world #1 for a few years minimum.
http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/dustin-johnsons-last-10-months-have-been-even-better-than-you-could-imagine/

I agree.

He's being very smart as well in choosing his tournaments, in a way exploiting the world ranking algorithm the way Woods did when he was #1 and as many pros do now as well (McIlroy, Day etc.)

Not even saying this derogatively, as I would do this as well. He's reducing the tournaments he plays as playing the minimum number of events needed to lower his divisor is his smartest route, as well as playing in tournaments which allot a lot of points to 1st: Genesis, WGCs, majors, Players etc.