Chips
I do not think the sport, the game for the rich people

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any sport, brings joy and benefits to the body! A set of golf clubs, you can buy the cheapest! A walk in nature is always helpful. Why anyone thinks that this sport for the rich?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golf is expensive, no doubt. But you can start out just taking lessons at a driving range. You can play par 3 courses and spend less. You can hone your putting skills at minigolf courses as well.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are lots of public courses with reasonable rate, that you can play to learn the game. I play on these courses from time to time so some of my friends can get into golf. It's a great time

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger sighting

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I know the meaning of 'its all good.'

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a game for rich people my membership is a £1000 a year I play 3-4 a week so £5 for 4hrs social activity !! What other sports can you get that value ??

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
entertainment for the rich
Pretty useless unreasoned comment
reasoning?...

I'm not rich!
But it is my exercise and my sanity from sitting in an office Monday to Friday.
I don't play at a posh club, my fee is £160 a year, plus £5 off the greenfee each time, this allows me to play elsewhere and not feel like I'm paying twice.
I play at a club full of builders, roofers, plumbers, electricians and manual workers, none of us are well off.

Yesterday was great, when you're in a tight matchplay on the 17th, you're in the green side rough you look at the ball and say outloud to your opponent "It's lying well I might be able to chip this in".. BOOM 2&1 win.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice next week it flies at 100mph through the green and your all square up the last :)

Did u play for anything ? UK based ?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice next week it flies at 100mph through the green and your all square up the last :)
Did u play for anything ? UK based ?

Lol nah I play off 5 with a 10 handicap long game and a scratch shortgame. I chip it in regularly....:):p, if I could drive it consistently I'd be dangerous
I play at the Three Locks Golf Club just outside Milton Keynes in the UK
It was the first round of the club winter singles.
(my opponent was a Plasterer by trade)

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best way round, I've got a steady tee to green and no short game back up lol regular at chipping tennis !! Work in progress at 43 :) was 3 retired back at 8 TBC

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
golf is golf

Well its hardly an event that the tops guys queue up to play. I think there's room for a few more non standard events. 72 hole stroke play week after week....
sure, its weird, but its different

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Zurich should be interesting...

Meanwhile this week, my countryman Mackenzie Hughes is holding a share of the lead in the final round. He would be the first Canadian to win wire-to-wire since George Knudson in 1972 I believe

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be cool to see Mackenzie Hughes close it at The RSM Classic. He was good on the Web last year. Very tight leaderboard going to the back 9!

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 way playoff awesome, they need floodlights to get it finished today !

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And Mac Hughes takes it home!!! Becomes the highest ranked Canadian golfer right now and punches a ticket to Augusta where he might play with his idol Weirsy.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Billy needed to get home early after that tiddler last night :) glad he won looked nervous yesterday but stuck in !

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Note Matt Fitzpatrick won the European Tour Championship in Dubai with other young English hope Tyrrell Hatton in second.
Fitzpatrick didn't shine at the Ryder Cup but I'm sure he is going to become a major force, I've mentioned him before on this thread as one to watch.
Hatton was 5th in the British Open and won the Dunhill Links last month at St Andrews as well and is developing fast now well inside the top 50 and will be going to Augusta.
Both of these youngsters have no fear with the putter.