Both good lads, Hatton got unlucky that brook is a joke up the 18th

Pure fast greens help, if you can handle quick then your set #YoungNerves

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
World rankings of the Hero World Challenge field this week; 3 4 5 6 8 10 12 15 17 19 20 22 25 26 27 28 38 & 898

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spot the tiger :) bless him he must be broke ! Hope he goes well

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
World rankings of the Hero World Challenge field this week; 3 4 5 6 8 10 12 15 17 19 20 22 25 26 27 28 38 & 898

Speaking of world rankings... why in the heck does this event give out OWGR points? That is the most stupid decision ever. If I could get into this tournament and shoot +50, I would finish 18th in a field that gives 46 OWGR points to the winner in a no-cut event... beyond dumb.

Tiger gets a free pass, 250 spots up the ranking for finishing 3rd last (not counting Rose WD)

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be a minimum field for any WRP Tiger will get invites even when he loses his status !

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I know it was the best event possible for Tiger to jump in. Wasn't last, finished under par. Lots to build on.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be a minimum field for any WRP Tiger will get invites even when he loses his status !

Tiger won't lose status. He is exempt through 2020 because of his wins in 2013 and even if he never regains status, he will fall into the 'life member' criterion with Singh and Watson. They can get into any non major, WGC or invitational.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When was this thread started? Tiger has barely held a club the last 2 years and Lefty is rarely a threat to win titles over Spieth, Day, Mcllroy, Adam Scott, etc. Tiger played last weekend and completed the weekend only because there was no cut.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods goes low

When was this thread started? Tiger has barely held a club the last 2 years and Lefty is rarely a threat to win titles over Spieth, Day, Mcllroy, Adam Scott, etc. Tiger played last weekend and completed the weekend only because there was no cut.
Tiger could have flopped, but he did not in his return

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He probably played this event because he knew that he was going to get all 4 days in, in fact 5 with the pro am. Also he is the sponsor is he not? This is his event.
Like any sport it takes a fair while to get "match fit" after so long out his knees and back would have needed this to see how everything holds up. I read the caddie says it was a major achieve just to get him through the 5 days.
The fact that ranking points are available also helps (why play in this otherwise for the rest of the field?). I'm sure Tiger was delighted to go low in one of the rounds a good confidence boost. I don't expect him to start challenging for titles until he has played half a dozen or so events.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect situation for re-entry into championship golf. Won't win right away, but it's coming.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For a while, golf was in the news again... hope this is the start of a real comeback for Tiger

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He probably played this event because he knew that he was going to get all 4 days in, in fact 5 with the pro am. Also he is the sponsor is he not? This is his event.
Like any sport it takes a fair while to get "match fit" after so long out his knees and back would have needed this to see how everything holds up. I read the caddie says it was a major achieve just to get him through the 5 days.
The fact that ranking points are available also helps (why play in this otherwise for the rest of the field?). I'm sure Tiger was delighted to go low in one of the rounds a good confidence boost. I don't expect him to start challenging for titles until he has played half a dozen or so events.

Treat it like the Franklin Templeton Shootout imo... give out the Cash not the OWGR

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today's golf funny:
14102144_1063426050401154_8649474417010401344_n.jpg

leafsfan1973

leafsfan1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happy the new season has started but still a few months till i can get out :( go get em D.J. hit it straight

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great finish to the HSBC in the desert. Watched the last two days after my Internet provider suddenly gave me Sky Sports for nothing free for 6 weeks.
DJ banging it 350-400 yards in the warm air with the driver but was let down by his inaccurate wedge play and general rustiness. Great eagle to finish but was always 2 or 3 behind and never looked like winning.
Young English player Tommy Fleetwood came through to win. Impressive swing and putted well. Interesting to see if he kicks on.
Another young English hopeful Tyrol Hatton was in the mix until halfway through the final round. His iron play and fearless putting is of note and he reminds me of a young Luke Donald. Look out for Hatton at the British Open he was 7th last year and has since won the Dunhill Links. Looks like a good time to grab an early season price on him.
Stenson also looked good in patches hitting most of the fairways about 300 with his 3wood. I didn't see him hit driver in two days. He burned the hole regularly. He did have a shank with a less than full swing wedge which I've seen before from him.
The other top 5 player was Kaymer, he was erratic off the tee and had plenty of bogies and birdies. He hits a pretty big fade and does not have the game for Augusta look for him in at the US open if he straightens his driver a bit.
The other player I'd not seen much of was Aphibarnrat, he is long and a great putter.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both winners this weekend gone are rising stars. What a finish by Rahm on 18 at Torrey Pines. Commentators said he's managed by Micklesons brother and apparently Phil has played with Rahm and says he can't beat this lad anymore.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil has a good track record at Scottsdale.

I am going to go under the radar and suggest going with Webb Simpson, Brendan Steele and Harris English. All 3 are great ball strikers and this is a ball strikers paradise.

My super sleeper is Roberto Castro.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky dip Adam Hadwin must be due! Or DeLaet #GoCanada