Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday finish unlikely @ Zurich

Lots of wicked low scoring, first two rounds, but I guess it pissed mother nature off!
rain_043016.jpg

I don't see any way they finish the whole thing, even thru Monday.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Most of my predictions went way south last week... Tailor-made (Taylormade... hehe) week for Rose and he missed the cut.

I like most of the favourites this week... Mcilroy, Mickelson and I'll even take Rose for a bounce-back week.

Slightly under the radar, I'm going to grab the inconsistent Webb Simpson and Brendan Steele who does well on longer tracks.

I'm debating whether to flip a coin on Holmes this week... could be another option.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh and my mom's favourite golfer Jim Furyk returns to action this week after missing the last few months with a couple of injuries...

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Geez what is up with Bubba Watson and long drive championships?/
Most 'normal tour' Pros aren't a match for professional long ball hitters, he probably didn't want to finish last....

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nice ending to the Wells fargo. Couple of clutch putts. Course made them work for it!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubba's balls

Most 'normal tour' Pros aren't a match for professional long ball hitters, he probably didn't want to finish last....

You know, that's a good point, Fig. Maybe Bubba knows that's a contest he can't possibly win, so it basically causes him to melt down. Why doesn't he just say no rather than show up and not participate?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wells Fargo finish

Nice ending to the Wells fargo. Couple of clutch putts. Course made them work for it!

That was a great finish, even without a 'name' player. I thought the broadcast was great. Beautiful place and it really shows off on camera. Great field as usual.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was frustrated that Rose couldn't pull one out, by missing a 5 ft putt on 15 and three putting on 16, he took himself out of the tourney.

Happy that most of my picks above played well except for Webb, I had
Rose 3
Mickelson, Mcilroy T4
Steele T14

Onto the beautiful Sawgrass this week

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also... incredibly happy for James Hahn, shows that anyone can get hot at the right time and win. Not easy to have 8 MC's in a row and then come back and win a tourney

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm expecting Speith to show strong at the Players and bounce back from his Masters.
It was his showing in the 2014 Players event that first brought him to my attention with a couple of bogie free rounds when no one else managed to get round bogieless. Awesome short game needed this week.
Stenson likes this track as well if memory serves and he's up there in the putting stats.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Mcilroy, Fowler and Stenson as favourites.
In the next tier of golfers, I think Garcia, Na and Matsuyama are due for a good week.

My super sleeper is David Hearn... Great ball striker but ice cold putter... Still a good venue for him in the past.

L

lvlalaciuca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
golf

phil mickelson is the best player

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Sawgrass is really taking a punch. Good weather, maybe headed for a record low?

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, Sawgrass is really taking a punch. Good weather, maybe headed for a record low?

And then the course turns Dye-abolical...
The greens are like putting on concrete right now, it's ridiculous.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yikes birdied 4 of my first 6 holes this morning, never done that before. Back nine turned into a sorry tale of yips on the greens and I finished 4 over.
I never yip when I practise only when some scorecard pressure comes on. It like being tasered as the putter approaches the ball and my arms completely freeze.
I can't get my head around why my mind won't let me shoot the great score I know is in there. Damn game. I play off 5.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jason Day looks like a solid world number 1. Easy win on a tough course.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yikes birdied 4 of my first 6 holes this morning, never done that before. Back nine turned into a sorry tale of yips on the greens and I finished 4 over.
I never yip when I practise only when some scorecard pressure comes on. It like being tasered as the putter approaches the ball and my arms completely freeze.
I can't get my head around why my mind won't let me shoot the great score I know is in there. Damn game. I play off 5.

I'm playing a very scrambly game so far this year... Shot 79, 78, 76, 77 in my first four rounds without finding many greens.

Excited to see what can happen if I figure out my longer irons.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When is Tiger Woods gonna start winning again asks Playful:mad:

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't want to see Woods come back unless he can regain full fitness, which is doubtful after three knee and 2 back surgeries. He's had his time, It's gonna be like watching Muhammed Ali going on long past his best, getting the crap knocked out of him by the young guns. All a bit sad.
If he can get fit he might squeeze out another major somewhere, maybe at Augusta or the British Open but only a US Open or PGA if they go to another quirky linksy place like last year.
I can't see him winning anywhere tight and treelined.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't want to see Woods come back unless he can regain full fitness, which is doubtful after three knee and 2 back surgeries. He's had his time, It's gonna be like watching Muhammed Ali going on long past his best, getting the crap knocked out of him by the young guns. All a bit sad.
If he can get fit he might squeeze out another major somewhere, maybe at Augusta or the British Open but only a US Open or PGA if they go to another quirky linksy place like last year.
I can't see him winning anywhere tight and treelined.

Agree on multiple points here... although he has rightfully earned the right to play until all the exemptions in the world run out, which still give him at least 6 or 7 years on tour, if he's healthy enough

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Mcilroy, Fowler and Stenson as favourites.
In the next tier of golfers, I think Garcia, Na and Matsuyama are due for a good week.

My super sleeper is David Hearn... Great ball striker but ice cold putter... Still a good venue for him in the past.

Mostly misses on my picks last week. Fowler, Na and Stenson missed the cut...
Matsuyama was in the final group but faded to T7,
Mcilroy was there for most of the week but never kick it into gear and finished T12
Garcia was Jekyll-and-Hyde for most of the week finishing T54

Super sleeper Hearn did well for a super-sleeper I guess finishing T28