lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Speith has to be sick after he gave this one away. Great tournament, as always.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speith has to be sick after he gave this one away. Great tournament, as always.

As someone who played competitive golf as a junior and threw away a couple of back nine leads in tourneys, I felt sick after them... I don't think sick would even begin how Spieth feels, up 5 strokes with 9 to play. But he is so talented, I expect him to bounce back and win a major later this year.

He's been fighting that block out to the right for a couple of weeks and got lucky quite a bit this week with bounces and then that block finally killed him on 12.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most exciting finishes in years. That hour towards the end was terrific. Sad none of my picks made it but delighted that an English guy stepped up to the plate and did the business under the most intense pressure. I didn't know Willet was such a sound putter, no bogies on the day was a great achievement.
Speith will win again when he gets some long game form, he is the boss of the moss.
I note the suspect putters all failed on the greens when it mattered

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was an entertaining last round of the Masters to say the least.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most exciting finishes in years. That hour towards the end was terrific. Sad none of my picks made it but delighted that an English guy stepped up to the plate and did the business under the most intense pressure. I didn't know Willet was such a sound putter, no bogies on the day was a great achievement.
Speith will win again when he gets some long game form, he is the boss of the moss.

Yep. If DJ or Rory putted just abover average even, this would have been theirs, especially DJ. 4 putt on 5, missed the eagles on 8, 13 and 15, missed a par putt on 17

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
DJ continues to put himself in contention and then putt his way out of the win...

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the transition from Augusta - grip and rip it - with wide open fairways and where length is key to Harbour Town this week, where the field driving distance average was 260 yds (lowest all year) and accuracy is put at a premium with small fairways and smaller greens.
Haven't done enough research yet, but liking Snedeker, Donald and Fitzpatrick early

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a golfing change of gear!

I love the transition from Augusta - grip and rip it - with wide open fairways and where length is key to Harbour Town this week, where the field driving distance average was 260 yds (lowest all year) and accuracy is put at a premium with small fairways and smaller greens.
Haven't done enough research yet, but liking Snedeker, Donald and Fitzpatrick early
I've always found the Heritage tournament to be completely fascinating as well, considering the contrast from Augusta National. Love the tournament, but hate the fact that the Masters contenders either skip it because they have to celebrate their big win (Willett), or disappear and cry their eyes out (Spieth, Dustin Johnson, and others) because they lost. It's a great chance to bounce back on a fun course - at least that's how I see it.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always found the Heritage tournament to be completely fascinating as well, considering the contrast from Augusta National. Love the tournament, but hate the fact that the Masters contenders either skip it because they have to celebrate their big win (Willett), or disappear and cry their eyes out (Spieth, Dustin Johnson, and others) because they lost. It's a great chance to bounce back on a fun course - at least that's how I see it.

Yeah. It's a shame that that is where Harbour Town falls in the rotation. In fact, I feel kinda bad for RBC in that both of the tournaments they sponsor come after major tournaments (the other being the Canadian Open which succeeds the British Open).

Although looking at the golfers sponsored by RBC, it's kind of incredible to look at the talent they have: Day, Sneds, Kuch, McDowell, Els, DeLaet, Furyk, Donald, Palmer, Weir, Hearn and Pressel and Henderson on the LPGA.
Also, 5 of the last 6 winners at the Heritage have been sponsored by RBC (Furyk x2, Sneds, Kuch, G-Mac).

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unexpected winner

Yep, Willet was a real surprise. Spieth still almost made a heroic comeback, so I give him a lot of credit. Sucks to lose out on a green jacket, but when you already have one, and you're that young and talented, I bet it's gonna happen again. Fig, give me some picks for this week's RBC. I'll throw Ben Martin's name out there as a longshot pick.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, Willet was a real surprise. Spieth still almost made a heroic comeback, so I give him a lot of credit. Sucks to lose out on a green jacket, but when you already have one, and you're that young and talented, I bet it's gonna happen again. Fig, give me some picks for this week's RBC. I'll throw Ben Martin's name out there as a longshot pick.

Incredibly risky pick but DeChambeau could be poised for a good week (or he could fall very flat). I like Ben Martin as well, plus he's playing eith my boy Weirsy on Thurs and Fri. My super longshots are Jerry Kelly and David Hearn, two great ball strikers.

I really like Sneds to win though and Donald for a top 10.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Casey will be thereabouts buoyed by his 67 in the last round at Augusta and his form is improving all the time. It's a real shame he hurt his shoulder so badly with that snow board incident it set him back years but I expect him to win again soon. I don't know much about the venue tbh, I hear short and narrow so I'd be looking for guys who hit a lot of fairways and greens in regulation and who has played there well in the past and is in decent form at the moment.
Golf is such a form sport, guys build into form and play well for a few weeks then sometimes disappear for months. I mean like what has happened to the likes of Donald and Kaymer for example. I couldn't bet on Donald at the moment he appears to have totally lost it after the last set of swing changes.
We talked recently about JB Holmes I seem to recall that he has played well at this venue and he might be worth looking at.
I was impressed with Dechambeau and his style is unusual it will be interesting to see how he develops.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luke Donald leading after 1 with Kuch on his tail. I'm telling you, these RBC guys are like pre-destined to win here

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the usual suspects

Luke Donald leading after 1 with Kuch on his tail. I'm telling you, these RBC guys are like pre-destined to win here
True, the RBC guys must have inside info.
Quite a leaderboard too - projected cut is +1, solid!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donald still in the mix and my super sleeper Kelly is only a couple of shots back

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredibly risky pick but DeChambeau could be poised for a good week (or he could fall very flat). I like Ben Martin as well, plus he's playing eith my boy Weirsy on Thurs and Fri. My super longshots are Jerry Kelly and David Hearn, two great ball strikers.

I really like Sneds to win though and Donald for a top 10.

Donald T2 Dechambeau T4 not a bad week for predictions. Kelly faded on the weekend.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right on - Luke Donald just about won the thing & DeChambeau really showed out in his pro debut.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah Donald...totally out of form.....maybe i'll just keep my thoughts to myself and stick to poker..lol

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah Donald...totally out of form.....maybe i'll just keep my thoughts to myself and stick to poker..lol

Haha. Some guys are just horses for courses I guess. It was probably just as likely that he would have ended up missing the cut than finishing top 10

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
horse2.jpg

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone paying attention to Valero? Looks like most of the big names are taking a week off the PGA. Still looks to be an interesting finish. Anybody have a favorite?

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is anyone paying attention to Valero? Looks like most of the big names are taking a week off the PGA. Still looks to be an interesting finish. Anybody have a favorite?

Funny enough Hoffman and ZJ were my favourites and Holmes was my sleeper. Both ended up pretty solid
I had Hoffman, Chappell, Horschel, Holmes and Kirk in fantasy this week. Finished 2nd in my pool.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zurich Classic is generally quite a weak field every year but is a birdie fest. Winning scores are always around 20 under. Still need to do a bit of research but early on this week, I like Rose to win. Strong play coming in and a horse-for-course
In terms of sleepers, I think guys like Tringale, Dufner, Gore and Weekley could surprise. I'll probably whittle down that list down a bit.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's too bad Ricky Barnes gave away his lead after the 3rd round. I was hoping he would finally get his first win. At least he got a top 5, which will get him into next week's field!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zurich Classic is generally quite a weak field every year but is a birdie fest. Winning scores are always around 20 under. Still need to do a bit of research but early on this week, I like Rose to win. Strong play coming in and a horse-for-course
In terms of sleepers, I think guys like Tringale, Dufner, Gore and Weekley could surprise. I'll probably whittle down that list down a bit.

And either I was too tired or he withdrew pre-tourney, but Dufner is no longer listed in the field.