Golf

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think JB Holmes is underrated generally. Have these guys qualified?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't say for sure those guys have qualified, kind of assumed so since they were listed. Yeah, I also think JB is underrated, completely capable of winning big tournaments.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm locked in to Augusta for Monday at the Masters (April 4). No tickets yet, gonna go mid-day and try to score entry to the hallowed grounds.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm locked in to Augusta for Monday at the Masters (April 4). No tickets yet, gonna go mid-day and try to score entry to the hallowed grounds.
Ohhh Jealous
Day has injured his back at the matchplay!!! hold all bets.....:(

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Fig, what's the update on Day? I know he won the Match Play (giving him 2 wins in a row), and he skipped the Shell, presumably to rest.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Fig, what's the update on Day? I know he won the Match Play (giving him 2 wins in a row), and he skipped the Shell, presumably to rest.

Well I'm not sure I'm going to lump on him quite as big as I was going to. Backs are funny things, when they go they go and his spasms at the match play might just be a sign of something brewing. Also his odds are going to be a lot lower now than a month ago. If you play a lot of golf a bad back sort of comes as standard after a few years even if you look after yourself. Woods being a prime example.
I will be looking at the general form of all the runners this week, I've not been paying much attention recently tbh.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok nailing my colours to the wall pre event
My prediction for the Masters, Jason Day to be going down the stretch with Bubba on his tail. 1&2 , 3rd Schwartzel, 4th Scott, 5th Speith, 6th Dus Johnson 7-10th in any order Rose Leishman McIroy Sullivan.
Rose to be leading after 18 and possibly 36 and fading as usual (bad back) but lets face it the top 6 are all capable of winning it (except dustbin, sorry Dustin)
I heard recently that Speith was consistently 9 putts better per tournament than Rory which is why the latter has changed his putting style. I don't think its possible to develop enough feel putting left below right in a couple of months for Rory to handle the Augusta greens putting that way, which takes him out of the picture for me

Last edited:
I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in terms of slightly under-the-radar picks almost going into sleeper areas,I think Danny Willett, whose wife just gave birth, might be fueled by that and it might lead to an amazing week for him.

Rafa Cabrera-Bello, is coming off a 3rd this week in Houston. He finished 4th at Match Play and T11 at the WGC Cadillac at Doral.

Charley Hoffman is my super sleeper. Shot 64 in the first round in Houston this week before fading the next few days. He has the distance to conquer Augusta.

Other than that, I think the usual suspects should be up there. I'm taking Scott, Spieth, Rory, Rose and Stenson in yahoo fantasy as well as the 3 above.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Canuck, I really just want to see Mike Weir piece a couple of good rounds together here. He's played well for large stretches during his rounds this year before blowing them up with doubles and occasionally triples.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monday at the Masters update:

Saw Billy Horschel, Rickie Fowler, Craig Stadler, plus that amateur kid who lost a bunch of $ by not turning pro early.
Was the lucky receiver of a free ticket onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National.
Consumed awesome food for an incredibly low sum of money, and obtained an official 2016 Masters ball cap.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
was also there Monday. course in very good shape. Greens were rolling very fast - as usual. Rory aced number 16. Not too many players on the course.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have each way money on Day, Watson, Schwartzel, and after some review Mickleson who has timed his run back into form nicely.
My outsider is 50c on Sullivan who i think is good enough to nick 6th or 7th but realistically just top 20.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Augusta

was also there Monday. course in very good shape. Greens were rolling very fast - as usual. Rory aced number 16. Not too many players on the course.

Man, you're not kidding. Weather was beautiful, course even more. Tons of people at concessions and gift shop, but the thing is so well run the wait was practically nothing. Went in post mid-day looking for a ticket and some guy walked up to me past some people looking to pay. Awesome fella just offered me his ticket for free.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have each way money on Day, Watson, Schwartzel, and after some review Mickleson who has timed his run back into form nicely.
My outsider is 50c on Sullivan who i think is good enough to nick 6th or 7th but realistically just top 20.

Sullivan is certainly a good sleeper pick. He was invited to join two past champs O'Meara and Weir, who were playing a practice round together and he picked their brains as to how to go about Augusta.

And of course yesterday, he played with Rory.
I have money on Hoffman, Scott and Rory

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have money on Hoffman, Scott and Rory

Hehe good luck with those picks.

I really hope Rory wins it but if he loses confidence on the greens early I fear for him. His long game is going to have to be immaculate for him to have a chance. If I was a book maker I'd be taking every penny.
Scott.. meh still to prove to me he isn't a choker under real pressure and a suspect putter, he's had to abandon the long stick...
..We are talking about the fastest slopiest greens you will find here. Great putting can make up a ton at this venue.. ..Ballesteros Crenshaw Olazabal all won it more than once with very shaky driving but sweet short games.
I can't understand why you'd go anywhere near guys with question marks around their putting.
Hoffman he's a who....never seen him feature at the Masters .

Sorry to pour scorn I stand to be shot down.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hehe good luck with those picks.

I really hope Rory wins it but if he loses confidence on the greens early I fear for him. His long game is going to have to be immaculate for him to have a chance. If I was a book maker I'd be taking every penny.
Scott.. meh still to prove to me he isn't a choker under real pressure and a suspect putter, he's had to abandon the long stick...
..We are talking about the fastest slopiest greens you will find here. Great putting can make up a ton at this venue.. ..Ballesteros Crenshaw Olazabal all won it more than once with very shaky driving but sweet short games.
I can't understand why you'd go anywhere near guys with question marks around their putting.
Hoffman he's a who....never seen him feature at the Masters .

Sorry to pour scorn I stand to be shot down.

A lot of players have seen Rory's game this week and like how he's approaching this week. I think he's due to complete the career grand slam.
I'm sticking with Scott despite the potential putting issue. He's in good form and has Williams back on the bag this week.
As for Hoffman, he shot 64 last week at the Shell behind some hot putting, and he's a great driver of the ball and at 100/1. Think he placed top 10 at the Masters either last year or the year before
I also put 5 bucks on Mike Weir to finish in the top 20 at 30/1.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol. Bubba has been sick, didn't know. ..gutted he got to -3 and faded. Day -5 and faded. My other picks out of it.
Ho hum Speith looks a shoe in. I know it's early but it's his to lose. Lowry looks the dark horse.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scott pooped the bed.
But Rory at 2 under and Hoffman at 1 under.
Forgot I also had money on a Rose top 10

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about Ernie Els on 1st hole yesterday with a 9? Yikes!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about Ernie Els on 1st hole yesterday with a 9? Yikes!

I feel for him man. One of the undisputed "good guys" on tour. He's been struggling with short putts for a couple of months and on slick greens like Augusta where the wind can influence putting so much, that's the last place you want to have those short ones.

C

Cupcakehk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a shame

I feel for him man. One of the undisputed "good guys" on tour. He's been struggling with short putts for a couple of months and on slick greens like Augusta where the wind can influence putting so much, that's the last place you want to have those short ones.

That's a shame.

I meet him a few years back. He is a really good guy, he gave my brother a signed golf ball after one of his games.

I haven't been keeping up to date with golf lately, but my brother updates me about things once in a while.

You are always going to have some bad days...just need to get back on track...

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Putt of the tournament so far from McILROY on 16th 2nd round. Great up and down at the last as well. Looking forward to this duel.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sunday at the masters should be great! Anyone 3 over or better is still in it! Speith had it wrapped up, but driver started to fail him. Can Langer turn back time?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Classic setup for a great Masters finish! Always cool to see a former champ make a run at the Green Jacket - I'm rooting for Bernhard Langer to take it on the Sunday back nine.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in terms of slightly under-the-radar picks almost going into sleeper areas,I think Danny Willett, whose wife just gave birth, might be fueled by that and it might lead to an amazing week for him.

Rafa Cabrera-Bello, is coming off a 3rd this week in Houston. He finished 4th at Match Play and T11 at the WGC Cadillac at Doral.

Charley Hoffman is my super sleeper. Shot 64 in the first round in Houston this week before fading the next few days. He has the distance to conquer Augusta.

I had Willett in Draftkings and Yahoo Fantasy Golf but didn't put money on him... what a shame. I literally told all my friends to take them in office pools and for online fantasy picks.