Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
long hitters winning the PGA

I can't wait for the PGA to start. It's a pretty wide open field. There are some clear favorites of course, but there are 5 to 10 guys who if they win, you would not be surprised.

The weather will factor in to who has an edge. If there is rain, the course will play longer and that is a big advantage for the longer hitters.

Good call on that one, Shumkoolie. Rory McIlroy and Jason Day are eating the course alive, and there was rain to firm up the greens. Still a lot of golf to go, I'm rooting for my usual favorite, Phil Mickelson.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
soft soggy course gives McIlroy the PGA, sick of this kid already

H

hayden1009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was surprised Tiger even attempted to play. One commentator suggested he may have done more damage. Rory McIlroy on top after 2 rounds of the PGA, looking to bolster his #1 World Ranking.
http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/scoring/leaderboard
http://www.owgr.com/

I agree, I think he needs to realize he can not beat Mother Nature when it comes to time it takes to rehab. He needed to call this a season and come back next year and perhaps in the interim he could have found the strength to beg his old swing Coach to take him back.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ryder Cup

Not surprised to see the US lose the Ryder Cup. The Europeans are wicked strong right now. It would have taken a monumental effort plus some luck to overcome that. I'm sure we've all heard about the Watson/Mickelson controversy already. Was Watson a terrible captain, or is Mickelson overracting to something that was already a lost cause? Can't wait to hear all the stories that come out of it.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, for years, Tom was (and is still by many) beloved as a legend and more importantly, as a gentleman of the game. However, more recently, there seems to have been some holes poked in that mindset, nothing really hard hitting, just subtle things here and there that, over time, paints a different picture of Tom.

I was listening to a radio show and the host, who is very respected, longtime broadcaster, was not very complimentary of Watson. The broadcaster paints a very different picture of him than what he portrays on the golf course, as somebody who is good natured, and respectful of his opponents.

It's like the old saying, where there's smoke, there's fire, and it just seems that there's a lot out there that proves that he may just be another jerk, though the general public would never see any of that. I am curious though how he is at a live golf tournament. I've never seen him live so I don't know, but perhaps there are some here that will read this and may be able to shed some light on how Watson truly is like, though in the midst of competition, I think all golfers, as competitive as they are, wouldn't take a liking to distractions while they're about to hit a shot/putt.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how much more comes out about Watson as time marches on.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a fan of Tom Watson, but he did not properly play the right teams in the afternoon of the foursomes on both days.. I thought we had a real chance, going into the second day, but after losing 3.5 -.5 in the afternoon, it was like the same old stuff... We have two full years to get better and put together the right teams to take the cup back on home soil..

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As long as Bradley doesn't have to go through a 20 minute ritual before he serves each beer, :eek: sounds good to me, no such thing as too many beer options.:)

alaz3r

alaz3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im taking adam scott to win the masters hohoho

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tee off

COW-PASTURE-5.jpg

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some things tom watson did????

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger will make his season debut at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. That is awesome! He hasn't played there in forever, and this tournament is one huge party!

K

Knil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger will make his season debut at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. That is awesome! He hasn't played there in forever, and this tournament is one huge party!

Probably wants to make a hole in one again since its been so long

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that replay of his ace is making me feel old. New year, new opportunity. Already ready for warm weather and The Masters!!!

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how does everyone think tiger is going to do in the waste mangement i think his is going to a horrific return miss all the cuts

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think tiger is going to beat jacks record

Im not saying he cant do it, but hes older now, hes not as hungry anymore, and his swing is different

But i cant blame him hes a billionaire with hot bimbos and owns his own islands

Why would he want to work on a golf swing when you have all that?