Chips
im taking adam scott to win the masters

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought Matt Kuchar might be solid going into the final round. Was really impressed by Jordan Speith, he's got a bright future. Bubba just didn't get nervous versus the kid. Would love to have seen Bubba get nervous paired with Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson though. No drama at the end, but another great Masters tournament.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought Matt Kuchar might be solid going into the final round. Was really impressed by Jordan Speith, he's got a bright future. Bubba just didn't get nervous versus the kid. Would love to have seen Bubba get nervous paired with Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson though. No drama at the end, but another great Masters tournament.

Damn, shoulda rode the Kuchar train into The Heritage. His finish was epic, he's such a solid and mature golfer. Rarely shows emotion but couldn't help but do it after his sand-in for the win. Good for him.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great anticipation for the US Open at Pinehurst. I'd love to see Mickelson go low early. Look for Tiger Woods to have an early exit though.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Martin Kaymer is World #11, but I feel like he's really number one. You don't shoot consecutive 65's at the US Open if you're not the best golfer in the world. Wish he was American, to tell the truth.
art-353-long-putter-300x0.jpg

my putta is too long

Last edited:
zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that tourney just got a shot in the arm with woods return

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last odds I saw on the British Open, Tiger Woods was 2nd favorite behind Rory McIlroy. Amazing, and I'd bet against him but the second I do maybe he finally breaks through again.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The British Open

Glad to see Tiger back in a major, its surely good for the game. I'm taking KJ Choi, simply because he's a great golfer that happens to be a long shot with the odds. I see that Tiger's odds have been extended to more like 20-1, which is more realistic. Lots of young studs for him to go against.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger doesnt have mental issues...what he had was dozens of women throwing themselves at him that wouldnt have looked at him twice without his status and cash. He went for the gold diggers but played that game wrong and lost everything. Kinda sad...he got bamboozled, but get your head right Tiger or quit playing golf!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any golf tournament is more exciting with Tiger in it. I hope he gets back into contention soon. His "private" life destroyed any chance he had of catching Jack, but he's still a phenomenal golfer and has been huge for the game.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people think Tiger's controversial private life is what caused his downfall, but he was actually claiming majors during all of that. He's done a good bit of winning since his last major (2008 US Open), but picked up none since then. Injuries, combined with the rise of a strong crop of young players, have made it that much more difficult for Tiger. Stuck on 14, needs 4 to tie Jack Nicklaus. For the record, Tiger does have more career wins than Nicklaus, but still trails Sam Snead by 3.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He didn't even look close to No. 1 this week. Other than the 1st and second hole it was just brutal.

Lets see them head to head next week, should be interesting.
yah Tiger will be losing his #1 status very soon I 'd say:boxing:

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woods is actually #9 in the world right now. http://www.owgr.com/
He's gotta scramble just to stay in the top ten at this point. The World Golf Rankings are hardcore into reflecting the past, so there's a real lag there.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would love to see Sergio Garcia win the Bridgestone. Sorry to see Dustin Johnson on a slide, hope he gets life in order.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strong tournament for Sergio, Rory is just playing great golf right now. Should be a great PGA coming up. No Tiger Woods I guess, hope he only has a strained back and nothing worse.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't wait for the PGA to start. It's a pretty wide open field. There are some clear favorites of course, but there are 5 to 10 guys who if they win, you would not be surprised.

The weather will factor in to who has an edge. If there is rain, the course will play longer and that is a big advantage for the longer hitters.

H

hayden1009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I guess they did get into Bubba's head. He was cruising to victory until the triple bogey that even put him out of 2nd place. Did you see him bark at his caddie about yardage after the drop? It's tough to lose like that.
Bubba has been the media fav for a couple years but for many years on tour his temper was very well known.