Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait!

Grown men & their drama filled lives ... how lame.

The worst part about it is that this is drama on the job. What ever happened to true business men?

I wonder what percentage of today's pro golfers consider it a chore or a 'job'. Not bad work if you can get it.

P

PRVZY

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s one of the rare kinds of sport u don´t have to grow with

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s one of the rare kinds of sport u don´t have to grow with

What do you mean, like the game never changes, or you physically don't have to grow? Or do you mean grow some sort of herb? You do have a lot of upkeep on the course, the greens needs to be kept quite short.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Less the 7 hours until the US Open starts!

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Tiger and Phil in contention in the final round?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's Saturday and I think there's one guy under par. Tough course, to say the least. Awesome giant logjam right around par, so I guess the USGA officials are giddy and high-fiving. Here's the thing - why dummy up the course to force everybody towards par when the players all remain the same? It's still every man for himself, score for score.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Grill, gotta be pleased with your guys performance today. Tomorrow should be fun to watch, but, I like Phil's chances.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Grill, gotta be pleased with your guys performance today. Tomorrow should be fun to watch, but, I like Phil's chances.

Phil's trying to get the US Open monkey off his back. He's been in position several times before. This course is keeping a lot of guys in check, and Phil is handling it well. Still, with the USGA roughs, and a bunch of guys within striking distance, no guarantees.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, didn't really enjoy that final US Open round. Just sulking, I guess, since Phil didn't win. Not surprised to see any golfer struggle in the US Open, considering the butchery that the USGA imposes. I think Phil's record number of 2nd places at the US Open is testament to the fact that he is one of the best golfers in the world.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, didn't really enjoy that final US Open round. Just sulking, I guess, since Phil didn't win. Not surprised to see any golfer struggle in the US Open, considering the butchery that the USGA imposes. I think Phil's record number of 2nd places at the US Open is testament to the fact that he is one of the best golfers in the world.

Agree with you on this one. Who would of thunk that a couple of wedge shots would cost Phil the open.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well as no one has said it - Congratulations to the winner Justin Rose :congrats:

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll see if Bubba Watson can win the Travelers Championship today. A few fans got into his head at the end of round 3, and he stumbled down the stretch. I think he is due for a win though, and he has won this tourney before so I think he will take it down!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll see if Bubba Watson can win the Travelers Championship today. A few fans got into his head at the end of round 3, and he stumbled down the stretch. I think he is due for a win though, and he has won this tourney before so I think he will take it down!

Wow, I guess they did get into Bubba's head. He was cruising to victory until the triple bogey that even put him out of 2nd place. Did you see him bark at his caddie about yardage after the drop? It's tough to lose like that.

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He plays like crap, and blames his caddie for it. What a class act!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He plays like crap, and blames his caddie for it. What a class act!
It's a tough spot - the caddie is obligated to know the yardage and give his opinion on the club. The player settles the bet with his shot. Even a bogey would be good in that spot.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
British Open favorites

Tiger will be considered the British Open favorite, but I don't like those odds. My picks are Justin Rose, Adam Scott, & Rory McIlroy. Would love for Mickelson to win, but we all know 2 in a row is nearly impossible - that's an ironic take, yeah?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger will be considered the British Open favorite, but I don't like those odds. My picks are Justin Rose, Adam Scott, & Rory McIlroy. Would love for Mickelson to win, but we all know 2 in a row is nearly impossible - that's an ironic take, yeah?

Wow, 2 of my picks didn't make the cut. Adam Scott is contending though.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess this thread has run its course. The first post here questions why Tiger Woods is #1 in the world when Phil Mickelson is obviously the best golfer on the globe. Tiger loses his world ranking, cannot win any majors, yet regains his top ranking. Mickelson wins two 2013 tournaments in a row, culminating in a dramatic and emphatic win at The Open as the only player under par, yet Tiger Woods is still World #1. It's been a good run, take care...

C

coelho2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I travel this converssa of you for not understanding anything about golf and even those who are the beasts of the sport, I admire you like.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I travel this converssa of you for not understanding anything about golf and even those who are the beasts of the sport, I admire you like.

Not sure which one of us has no understanding of golf, but I do thank you for travelling the converssa and admiring the like of those who are beasts of the game.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger got his 5th win of the year today at Firestone. He has now won 8 times there. That's insane! Hopefully he can finally break his major drought at the PGA Championship this week #getemtiger