Golf

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
World #1 Rory McIlroy's 1st round 80 (whoa) @ the Irish Open puts him in catch up mode for the 2nd round. That's 9 over par for those of you keeping score at home. Semi-controversy here over Rory poaching players that would otherwise be playing in the PGA's Byron Nelson in Texas.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golf quiz question...

Who is ranked higher - Pavit Tangkamolprasert or Tiger Woods?

N

Nuts4U

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
.......... if it was not for Tiger Phil would be the god of golf for the era but without tiger golf would never be as big as it is, they might hate each other, but they each bring their own to golf.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still a big Tiger Woods fan and he will come back says Playful:icon_bigs

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crazy US Open course

Sounds like a lot of the players don't like the Chambers Bay course. Sure, they all have to play the same course, but the consensus is thumbs down. It is weird to not see crowds along the sides of the fairway. As I understand it, it's impossible for a spectator to walk the 18 holes - that sucks.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a traditional golf course for US open golf but thats not a bad thing. Its been a challenging course which is the most important thing.

The crowds dont look that bad though, what are the official attendance number?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a fitting ending for that clown of a course, a 3-putt!!! The only thing the USGA missed on the course set-up was a loopty-loop!!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spieth still 2nd in the WGR

What a fitting ending for that clown of a course, a 3-putt!!! The only thing the USGA missed on the course set-up was a loopty-loop!!
The USGA had the course so dried out, Dustin Johnson barely tapped his eagle try that rolled by the hole like a bat out of hell, leaving the knee-knocker that he missed.
LOL on the loopty-loop!

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger Woods played well this weekend at the Greenbrier Classic, Hope to see him continue playing well and hopefully get a win at a major

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, ready for the British Open for sure. Rickie Fowler looks strong as anyone heading in after his win in the warmup, Scottish Open. On another note, Jordan Spieth looks like a lock to be the new world #1 considering that Rory is out due to injury!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
British Open at St. Andrews. Tom Watson's last British Open. Something to see and remember.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan Spieth is #1

Here we go again - Rory McIlroy doesn't even have to play this year to keep his #1 spot. Jordan Spieth does nothing but go out a win 2 majors plus take 2nd in another (in the same folking year, no less), yet he's cemented in the WGR 2nd spot. The WGR is SO SLOW to catch up - remember when Tiger stayed #1 forever while he either didn't play or flopped?
http://www.owgr.com/ranking

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The open was great, especially on the sunday with so many great scores being posted

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Open

The open was great, especially on the sunday with so many great scores being posted
I feel like the rough was cut too low, didn't seem quite as tough as previous Opens. The scoring proved it out. Only the weather could get in the way, sure did drag it out too.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
S

shaazy712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason Day's PGA triumph leaves Jordan Spieth in awe. Can't win them all. Spieth will be back, he is awesome player.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so happy Jason Day won. He has actually been around since he was 19 (won on Web.Com Tour). He's been through a lot, and it took him longer than expected to get to this level. Seeing him cry out of happiness on the green is one of the best things I've seen in awhile. Well done Jason!!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The youngsters have taken over golf, it's official. Good to see some fire in Tiger though, I figure he'll come up with a few more surprises in his career.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
won't matter, he'll be back there before too long. although i kinda didn't rate him for the end of year race, solely because it's not a major and i don't think he cares as much haha.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who is everyones picks for the fed ex cup?

I have to pick jason day merely because i'm australian.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spieth to win FedEx

who is everyones picks for the fed ex cup?

I have to pick jason day merely because i'm australian.

I bet Jordan Speith bounces back hard to win the FedEx Cup. Not my favorite event, I'd rather see The Heritage than this thing, but I'll watch the final round anyway.