Correct to remove Russia from international sport?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont agree to whats happening between russia and europe ,but what does sports has to do with the politics and wars ?

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s wrong to mix politics and sports, it’s at least strange, different areas, and I don’t understand why poker should be limited, as pokerstars did, poker and politics are apparently very closely related)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with banning Russian athletes. Any kind of sanction or penalty you can apply to Putin and Russia should be done. I feel sorry for the athletes that might not agree with the war but it has to be applied.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russians should be banned from participating in anything that is happening anywhere in the world ,they should be shut out of everything, Putin has no escape plan ,this only ends 2 ways, either they -Russians kill him or were going to end up in WW 3 and we end up on the verge of nuclear war,think about it Putin backs down he is dead ,he knows his only out is to keep going forward the second he shows any weakness he's dead,what do you think a trapped madmen will do ? Who is to blame, well the Russian people arn't innocent here, they have had access to the internet for years and still put up with the scraps Putin throws them,they also know the Free Press has been blocked,they know they attacked Ukraine just like the world does, that's the problem when we let all the blatantly lying go on unchecked ,been happening forever but made okay by the likes of Trump and all his supporters who won't agree on basic facts like what a lie is,you want to know why Putin picked now to do this is because his experiment with Trump was so successful it embolden him to go for the whole ball,who would have thought we would have an ex-President telling us how great Putin is ,or a news station like Fox and Carlson mimicking him,what the hell has America been drinking

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, everything Russian should be cancelled. But maximum pressure on the government to stop this invasion. Unless you think it is more important not to hurt the athlete's feeling then to stop the killing of innocent people. If that is a decision that takes more then a millisecond, then please do not respond this.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not delicate, stop the killing and then they can play.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. FIFA, for example, bans Russia, but the next World Cup will be in Qatar, where 6,500 migrant workers have died.
Saudi Arabia killed a journalist (Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi) and FIFA did not ban them, and the UK allowed Saudi Arabia to buy a club (Newcastle).
And the US (and the UK) were not banned after the invasion of Iraq, which Kofi Annan (UN) called illegal.

So there's a bias there, which, to me, makes these bans on Russia illegitimate.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...grant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Jamal_Khashoggi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_and_the_Iraq_War

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About previous invasion to Iraq. You can agree with, you can consider it a big mistake and crime. But you should understand that Russia is doing much worse crime.
- I dont see any request to Iraq to cease part of its territory to US
- Iraq was apparently attacking other states and used chemical weapon againts its own citizes
- and of course you could protest agains Iraq war in US and noone would beat you

And other arguments.
I was always against invasion to Iraq, mostly because I believe such invasion can never bring much good to country, even if it removes evil dictator.
But what Russia is doing to Ukraine since 2014 is much much worse.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

NO!!! I have mentioned in previous posts that I don't follow the mainstream news sources. I am not sure what narrative is being presented from those outlets. I did listen to a discussion recently that reminded me that I need to check myself when thinking about this situation and deciding which side of the issue I support.

I live in the United States. Prior to the 2020 Presidential Election cycle, I would consider myself fairly well informed on what was going on with US foreign relations. In my country's history and epically during my lifetime, my country has been involved in military engagements in a lot of different places but not always for justifiable reasons. The United States has never, to my knowledge, been removed from international sport.

I am not ready to declare Putin a bad guy. I would love to have a conversation with him to understand his perspective more clearly. I just hate hypocrisy. As I see it, if it is okay for leaders in my country to do it, then as a matter of fairness, my default position can't be to condemn another country's leader for doing the same (or similar) thing.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a Nazi. Instagram calls to kill Russians are exactly the same.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After all Russin people for 22 years since year 2000 keep voting for putin and elected president who threatens to all free world with nuclear weapons.
I think this argument is bold enough.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect people with critical thinking and it is very sad that there are very few such people.
«Putin has lied about the Ukraine 'Nazi' government, it simply isn't true. Zelensky is Jewish, his grandparents fought against the previous Hitler.»
Very convincing. The question immediately arises.
Is there a fascist movement in Ukraine?
The question is answered by the documentary film by Polish journalists " Rafal Stanczyk and Yaroslav Germozyak "Fascists in the Trenches" 2015."
Then a counter question arises.
Why the government of Ukraine does not suppress the fascist movement, on the contrary, does it encourage him?
Isn't it a puzzle?
And now about the removal of Russian athletes from all international competitions.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) issued a statement condemning Russia's violation of the Olympic Truce, which is in effect during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
And he recommended to remove all Russian athletes from international competitions.
And immediately questions. Why do Ukrainian athletes take part in the Olympics, whose government kills its own citizens in the Donbass? Did the Ukrainian state observe the Olympic Truce?
And who was to blame?
Review what your leaders said during the Olympics? What did they respond to the requests of the Russian side to stop the intensified shelling of Donbass by the military of Ukraine?
It seems like the world has gone crazy.

E

Eightyhd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Censorship

Oliver stones 2014 film Ukraine on fire has disappeared from YouTube etc. in USA the news is very fake and one sided. It’s almost like they are trying to distract us from the fact that for the past year they have all been trying to force everybody to take poison shots that newly released documents show Pfizer and the FDA knew was harmful and ineffective

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with removing them.

ogMaxVoltage

ogMaxVoltage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BioWeapon Labs in Ukraine

Are you concerned with Bio Weapon Labs?

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you concerned with Bio Weapon Labs?
lol another lie, and you don't think Russia has these , you may have your head in the sand but the world already has seen him use chemical weapons in other places,has threatened nuclear war attacked a peaceful country you sure your human,anything out of Putin or Russia is a lie 99 times out of a hundred ,seems to me you grasping at anything to try to justify why Russia isn't at fault,one criminal state here and its Russia ,

Last edited:
iWin210

iWin210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it’s a war anything goes to throw the enemy off

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Russian cancellation will not end the war, in fact western countries are not concerned about the war or the Ukrainian people, but only about power, as it always was. It is absurd to treat sportsmen, businessmen and other Russian citizens like thugs, just for being Russian. At the end of it all, Western institutions will lose credibility. The whole world has always known about Abramovich's connection with Putin, but when it was convenient his money was welcome, now he has become a thief and has his rights and assets confiscated. Hypocrisy is the name of it.

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The World allowed the Russian teams to continue playing and they still wore a *W* on their shirt, NEXT TO A UKRAINIAN.
They have made it political.

If you cut off enough people from the fun events the rest of the world compete in, they will start standing up to their government.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russian cancellation will not end the war, in fact western countries are not concerned about the war or the Ukrainian people, but only about power, as it always was. It is absurd to treat sportsmen, businessmen and other Russian citizens like thugs, just for being Russian. At the end of it all, Western institutions will lose credibility. The whole world has always known about Abramovich's connection with Putin, but when it was convenient his money was welcome, now he has become a thief and has his rights and assets confiscated. Hypocrisy is the name of it.

guess your missing the point sanctions do,we all know Putin's money is with the oligards so that is a no brainer,what should the world do just let him take what he wants,maybe we can make him happy we can just say take brazil get some sun and calm down

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
guess your missing the point sanctions do,we all know Putin's money is with the oligards so that is a no brainer,what should the world do just let him take what he wants,maybe we can make him happy we can just say take Brazil get some sun and calm down

pltelles, certainly has no idea, I guess he's a Bolsonaro fan, and by firing at Nuclear plants, he just mess the entire world at once. Just a regular tank and an ordinary soldier firing and keep firing, now We know that no need to use nuclear bombs.
The only way is to give some push to the Russian people to stand up and says no to this criminal. Interestingly Trump says Putin a peacemaker and Bozzonaro admires "Putinho" so much.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

NO!!! I have mentioned in previous posts that I don't follow the mainstream news sources. I am not sure what narrative is being presented from those outlets. I did listen to a discussion recently that reminded me that I need to check myself when thinking about this situation and deciding which side of the issue I support.

I live in the United States. Prior to the 2020 Presidential Election cycle, I would consider myself fairly well informed on what was going on with US foreign relations. In my country's history and epically during my lifetime, my country has been involved in military engagements in a lot of different places but not always for justifiable reasons. The United States has never, to my knowledge, been removed from international sport.

I am not ready to declare Putin a bad guy. I would love to have a conversation with him to understand his perspective more clearly. I just hate hypocrisy. As I see it, if it is okay for leaders in my country to do it, then as a matter of fairness, my default position can't be to condemn another country's leader for doing the same (or similar) thing.

I guess that You're going to talk to him, and think he's so smart, like Trump did.

Come on, just look at his actions. Killing all oponents for 20 years plus, and now firing at the nuclear plants. What do you need to say so?

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I find it fascinating, in a bad way, that this is what we are talking about in 2022. I can't understand why dictators still exist and are allowed to do things like this. We have the power to communicate globally and yet war is still a thing. Why do groups of powerful people allow this to happen? Why don't they find humanly ways to work together to make the whole damn world better?

I know the question was about sport, but the category itself is irrelevant because good, kind people like you and me are suffering in all domains, be it sport, business or whatever else at the hands of a greedy maniac.

I don't care or have the ability to get involved in any delicate subject like politics, religion etc. but those who dedicate their lives to this kind of thing, how does any of what is happening make any sense to them?

I really don't know what to say, but none of what is happening to good innocent people of either country or any other country should be accepted by any other human being. What does the average citizen gain from this, other than the physical and mental damage, loss of everything they worked hard for and acquired throughout their life or even death.

I just hope that these bans, fair or not, are thought through and will damage the maniacs to a good extent so they back away, because the citizens themselves (sports players or anyone else) do not deserve to have their lives ruined for absolutely nothing.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
My opinion is that all Russian citizens who are in Russia should be banned from leaving Russia as long as the aggression against Ukraine lasts.