Correct to remove Russia from international sport?

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sucks or the players but I think they should ban the teams from Russia.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just like Putin
if I support and worry about the athletes, this does not mean that I support the regime. Our breeders have been the fruit of courage and heroism since the Second World War, when the Nazis shot players after matches and fights, be careful in your statements.

Russian Flag Noedays is a symbol of War and Crimes against humanity!
I’m wondering about the USA, what do you think, they’re just angels right? The Chinese recently posted a list of their bombings, come in and see

You are so wrong.

Athlete is a public person, considered a role model by many. Lots of regular people would listen to them.
Many of athletes (even russians) stand up against the war, making public statements.

Athletes die in this war defending their country:
https://nypost.com/2022/03/02/ukrainian-biathlete-yevhen-maylshev-dies-in-war-with-russia/
how many people have so many opinions. but I think that sport has always been above politics, that the West solves problems by removing us from sports, the doping scandal before that is completely fabricated, people believe what they are shown on TV. sport should be free and non-political, this is my opinion .

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And they said that sport is aloof from politics. Sport serves the cause of peace, not confrontation. Sport unites people all over the world.
But in fact, in fact ... And then everything is doping and doping ... Now it's just wonderful.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A 'shocking decision'.... :icon_scra

I would fully support welcoming Russia back into international sports, athletics, and removing sanctions immediately after one of the following occurs;

• All Russian military and weapons are withdrawn from Ukraine and a peace treaty is signed.

• Putin is ousted and removed from power (and Russian military withdrawn from Ukraine).

The second option is obviously much better for the entire global population but, the first option would (just about) suffice.

My opinion is that it is important for all Russians subjugated under Putin's violent reign to clearly see that the rest of the world will not accept or allow this vile dictator to do as he pleases without consequence.

It is a shame that so many ordinary Russian people will suffer due to no fault of their own and purely because of the greed and ego of their dictator.

However, when you consider what Putin is subjecting Ukrainians to, there is little other option until the madman is brought to heel.

The sooner there are riots in Russia, the sooner Ukrainians aren't getting bombed, the sooner things will start getting better for everyone.

Mark my words, if Putin isn't stopped, then before too long there will be much bigger concerns than:-

'My football team isn't allowed in the Champions League!' :bawling:...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 'shocking decision'.... :icon_scra

I would fully support welcoming Russia back into international sports, athletics, and removing sanctions immediately after one of the following occurs;

• All Russian military and weapons are withdrawn from Ukraine and a peace treaty is signed.

• Putin is ousted and removed from power (and Russian military withdrawn from Ukraine).

The second option is obviously much better for the entire global population but, the first option would (just about) suffice.

My opinion is that it is important for all Russians subjugated under Putin's violent reign to clearly see that the rest of the world will not accept or allow this vile dictator to do as he pleases without consequence.

It is a shame that so many ordinary Russian people will suffer due to no fault of their own and purely because of the greed and ego of their dictator.

However, when you consider what Putin is subjecting Ukrainians to, there is little other option until the madman is brought to heel.

The sooner there are riots in Russia, the sooner Ukrainians aren't getting bombed, the sooner things will start getting better for everyone.

Mark my words, if Putin isn't stopped, then before too long there will be much bigger concerns than:-

'My football team isn't allowed in the Champions League!' :bawling:...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I don't need to remind you about the on going wars and conflicts around the globe, do I? Which countries have had the same treatment as Russia? None! How many countries have committed atrocities in the past decade, still committing and committed them post WWII era?
Let me give you a short list:
USA, france, U.K, China, Serbia, Azerbaijan, argentina, Peru, S.Korea, Australia, india, Iraq, Indonesia, Algeria, Mali, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Croatia, ect, ect.
If you look at western regimes they are not better than Russia's, for example USA is a bipartisan Diarchy, UK is a kingdom ruled by pooch, France has a resentment of non Gaelic French, etc.
The sports world needn't get involved in politics, it is hard enough that economists control it.
This precedent means that U.A.E, Saudi Arabia must be banned as well as U.S.A and France

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't need to remind you about the on going wars and conflicts around the globe, do I? Which countries have had the same treatment as Russia? None! How many countries have committed atrocities in the past decade, still committing and committed them post WWII era?
Let me give you a short list:
USA, France, U.K, China, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Argentina, Peru, S.Korea, Australia, India, Iraq, Indonesia, Algeria, Mali, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Croatia, ect, ect.
If you look at western regimes they are not better than Russia's, for example USA is a bipartisan Diarchy, UK is a kingdom ruled by pooch, France has a resentment of non Gaelic French, etc.
The sports world needn't get involved in politics, it is hard enough that economists control it.
This precedent means that U.A.E, Saudi Arabia must be banned as well as U.S.A and France
I totally agree with you that there are all sorts of atrocities occurring all over the world that need and deserve attention and more proactive measures being taken to resolve the conflicts.

All war should be banished to the history books, it's abhorrent and primitive.

Other nations do face repercussions when they break international law and commit atrocities and to suggest otherwise is incorrect.

The prevalent splashback Russia is facing in the international community should speak volumes to you.

You should be asking and wondering why this is happening.

I wonder who is correct, Putin or the rest of the world? :dontknow:

One man, or billions...? :icon_scra

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say proper thing !!! ban Russia from whatever they can to squeeze them where it hurts. Then maybe just maybe they leaders will think twice about what they are doing right now. ||||End this madness once and for all.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Absolutely- ban Russia

Any country that willfully invades and attacks another deserves the worst fate of all. The country should pay hefty consequences economically and socially. Shame on Russia!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Works for me, I was really impressed with the courageous stand of the IOC , they called for all Russian sports teams to be banned, when was it 1 or 2 days after the closing ceremony. That special courage that the totally corrupt can be counted on for.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Russia will not take part in sporting events organised by FIFA, UEFA, IOC, etc, a shocking decision awaiting for an appeal by Russia at TAS/CAS, which has 99,99% to be overturned by the Court of Arbitration for sport, taking into consideration the many countries that have or had on going wars, invasion of other countries, cases of paedophilia, corruption, human right abuse, human traffic,etc to cite but few, St Kitten, Zimbabwe, France, U.A.E, Haiti, Laos, U.S.A, Israel, China, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, Cyprus , etc.
And what's your suggestion? That FIFA and UEFA honor Putin for murdering innocent people?

Russia should not be punished because they didn't punish other countries. If this way of thinking continues, there will never be any changes.

Sports are not just competitions between athletes. It's much more than that.

And politicians make politics through sports, they win the sympathy of the people, public opinion, the people of other countries, they win votes. So there has to be punishment for Russia in the sporting sphere as well.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry but the perspective that this is unfair is laughable. Let me play the world's smallest violin.

Let's talk on just the sports level.

Russia was ludicrously allowed to enter the Winter Games as the 'Russian Olympic Committee' during a two year ban due to a doping scandal (after decades of abuses). At which point Kamlia Valieva the 15 year old ice skater was entered in spite of the fact the Russians themselves had caught her doping the month before.

So just on the sporting level, Russians are habitual cheats.

However, the idea that anyone can invade a country with the unprovoked brutality that Russia has done in Ukraine without facing consequences of every kind is absurd. Yes, there are and have been numerous conflicts around the world but most did not start without provocation (and don't even bother the thread with NATO intimidation baloney).

Innocent people are dying by the thousand. Get a grip.

Russians now cannot access Facebook and social media. Their travel has been restricted and soon they are going to realize they cannot source Apple, Adidas, Sony, Land Rover, Ikea, H&M, Disney and a thousand and one companies etc. etc. etc. Rightfully so.

When sanctions hit home, with say the inability to get an iphone fixed, even Russians aren't going to be bothered if Zenit St. Petersburg aren't enjoying one of those wonderful European nights.

Putin is modern Russia and he is a barbaric thug. He has now ensured all Russian citizens suffer until they muster the backbone to oust him from power.

You have no idea how the rest of the world thinks if you believe we should weigh thousands of deaths and nationwide destruction against Russians being able to play soccer in international competitions. To repeat -get a grip.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry but the perspective that this is unfair is laughable. Let me play the world's smallest violin.

Putin ... has now ensured all Russian citizens suffer until they muster the backbone to oust him from power.

You have no idea how the rest of the world thinks if you believe we should weigh thousands of deaths and nationwide destruction against Russians being able to play soccer in international competitions...
:star:

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:​

~~~~~~~~​

Please allow me to provide the aforementioned musical accompaniment....

:musicus:

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that FIFA's decision is correct in isolating Russia from the World Cup. Sports should not be involved in politics and wars. As for laughter, Russia can erase the world and leave the cup hahahaha

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do not think that FIFA's decision is correct in isolating Russia from the World Cup...
Oh, you think the decision is incorrect?

Why do you think the decision incorrect? :smile:

... As for laughter, Russia can erase the world and leave the cup hahahaha
Russia can possibly erase itself if Putin tries hard enough, I highly doubt it will be able to erase the world though.

Even with Poseidon. :p

If Russia were miraculously somehow able to erase the world
(not going to happen)
, then there'd be no world cup anyway!

Haha. :laugh:

Putin is painting himself into a no-win corner.

:wink:

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion it is another attack against russia so that it stops invading ukraine but it is very simple, to remove all financial support from all russian companies and in its entirety from its population in general, it is not something that affects the war but one more nail for the government of so many sanctions and restrictions that they already have since this armed conflict began, I think that those companies and the general people of Russia are not to blame for what is happening with their country, they do not represent national sentiment and should to end this senseless war.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should the IOC comply with the Olympic Charter or does this document not apply to it?
Isn't being excluded from sports contrary to the basic principles of Olympism?
Sports are one of the human rights. Everyone should be able to play sports without discrimination of any kind, in the spirit of Olympism, which implies mutual understanding in the spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
The exercise of the rights and freedoms provided for in this Olympic Charter must be ensured in the absence of any form of discrimination - racial, linguistic, religious, political, color, sex, sexual orientation, dissent, national or social origin, possession property, birth or other status.
Is it not the role of the IOC to: take measures to strengthen the unity of the Olympic Movement, protect its independence, maintain and promote its political neutrality and preserve the autonomy of sport; oppose any political or commercial abuse of sport and athletes; promote safe sport and protect athletes from any form of abuse and misconduct?
Can members of the IOC accept orders or instructions from governments, organizations or other parties that could interfere with their freedom of action and independence in voting?
Is it possible to interpret the powers of the IOC in terms of measures and sanctions provided for by the Olympic Charter more widely than it is written in the charter itself?
In the event of any violation of the Olympic Charter, the World Anti-Doping Code, the Olympic Movement Code for the Prevention of Manipulation in Competitions, or any other regulation, the Session, the IOC Executive Board or the Disciplinary Commission referred to in paragraph 2.4 below, may take the following measures and sanctions:… .
Or it's simple: Someone so wanted.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Should the IOC comply with the Olympic Charter or does this document not apply to it?
Isn't being excluded from sports contrary to the basic principles of Olympism?
Sports are one of the human rights. Everyone should be able to play sports without discrimination of any kind, in the spirit of Olympism, which implies mutual understanding in the spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
The exercise of the rights and freedoms provided for in this Olympic Charter must be ensured in the absence of any form of discrimination - racial, linguistic, religious, political, color, sex, sexual orientation, dissent, national or social origin, possession property, birth or other status.
Is it not the role of the IOC to: take measures to strengthen the unity of the Olympic Movement, protect its independence, maintain and promote its political neutrality and preserve the autonomy of sport; oppose any political or commercial abuse of sport and athletes; promote safe sport and protect athletes from any form of abuse and misconduct?
Can members of the IOC accept orders or instructions from governments, organizations or other parties that could interfere with their freedom of action and independence in voting?
Is it possible to interpret the powers of the IOC in terms of measures and sanctions provided for by the Olympic Charter more widely than it is written in the charter itself?
In the event of any violation of the Olympic Charter, the World Anti-Doping Code, the Olympic Movement Code for the Prevention of Manipulation in Competitions, or any other regulation, the Session, the IOC Executive Board or the Disciplinary Commission referred to in paragraph 2.4 below, may take the following measures and sanctions:… .
Or it's simple: Someone so wanted.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Boo-hoo-hoo! :bawling:

:musicus:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

You have the AUDACITY to mention human rights?! :mad:

While your government launches an unprovoked war of aggression and expansion against a peaceful neighbouring nation that doesn't want invaders in their country, killing their population indiscriminately?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You must be off your rocker pal!! :icon_scra

Russia will not take part in sporting events organised by FIFA, UEFA, IOC, etc, a shocking decision awaiting for an appeal by Russia at TAS/CAS, which has 99,99% to be overturned by the Court of Arbitration for sport, taking into consideration the many countries that have or had on going wars, invasion of other countries, cases of paedophilia, corruption, human right abuse, human traffic,etc to cite but few, St Kitten, Zimbabwe, France, U.A.E, Haiti, Laos, U.S.A, Israel, China, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, Cyprus , etc.

I think it's not fair

I do not think that FIFA's decision is correct in isolating Russia from the World Cup. Sports should not be involved in politics and wars. As for laughter, Russia can erase the world and leave the cup hahahaha

Hey! All of you who have been quoted above, here's something I'd like you to check out...

Courtesy of Risto who (over the last week or so) I now officially have a new-found love for! :love:

FNHqDQOXsAM5App

Yes, that's right..!

It's a whole lot more than simply international football, athletics and sport you are currently waving goodbye to...

Don't worry though, all of these organisations are run by Nazis, they're all evil organisations and Putin is kind, loving and benevolent- honest!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

[/Sarcasm]

While you lose access to international sports, modern luxuries, services and entertainment, while your economy crumbles and any and all respectable global companies pack up shop and say cheerio to the Russian market in disgust of Putin's unprovoked attack and in solidarity with Ukraine, perhaps it might be time to ask yourself; why?

Ask yourself if this is really happening because of Putin's baseless lies and propaganda being true...? :dontknow:

Do you really think the entire rest of the world is lying and wrong?

Or is perhaps just your murderous, deranged leader who is lying...? :stupid:

Hmmmmmmm....

One man on one side...

Billions of people on the other side....

One of these two groups is lying and totally out of order...

I wonder which it could be??? :hmmmm:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

:dontknow:

It's Putin.

Last edited:
mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's close poker for Russians! After all, the Russians wanted this war! The world is mired in hypocrisy and double standards.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
agree with you. it's just that there are people who believe that this is fair and equate our athletes with politicians.

Why do you think we suffer ordinary people, what are we to blame for? We are just fans and what do we have to do with this?

why are you so angry with us? that’s not what innocent fans suffer from, politicians don’t care about sports, they have their own goals, and this only achieves the hatred of ordinary people

what do athletes have to do with it at all? why are you silent when the United States overturns regimes, bombs countries, hangs presidents, at least once punished the Americans somehow? they are the only ones in the world who have used nuclear weapons and still haven’t even apologized even once, do you think it’s fair?

I understand one thing, Russophobia is thriving in the world, you are zombified by propaganda, there is nothing human left. sport is sport, politics is politics, and it’s not how it should be dealt with. we are on the verge of a third world war, people come to their senses, be more humane compassion if and then the war will continue the end of the world think about it.

Things I find interesting:

• You quoted & replied to pretty much all responses asides for mine.

• It coincidentally happens to be pretty much exclusively Russians* who seem to think sanctions are unfair. (Quelle surprise)

That's actually about it... :dontknow:

Little more of interest to me really... :bebored:

Perhaps time for some more State TV broadcasts ulgromkii, where you can pick up some more totally unbiased and unquestionably factual information! :wink: :wink: :wink:

:boring:

* And the odd Belarusian..? :smile:

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
If it was right to remove Novak Djokovic from the Australian Open for all known reasons, it is unquestionable that all Russian athletes should be banned from competing in international sports.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very sad all this is happening, so many people are being affected in different ways, I hope this war ends soon.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Let's close poker for Russians! After all, the Russians wanted this war! The world is mired in hypocrisy and double standards.

And it is beginning, pokerstars no longer allows Russian players to deposit and withdraw
It is the first step. I think they will temporarily banned some poker sites if the war will continue.

I'm not saying this is correct but it is necessary.
This war was started in vain by only Putin, the shame of the whole of Russia.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And it is beginning, Pokerstars no longer allows Russian players to deposit and withdraw
It is the first step. I think they will temporarily banned some poker sites if the war will continue.

I'm not saying this is correct but it is necessary.
This war was started in vain by only Putin, the shame of the whole of Russia.

And when America bombed Iran, Syria, Iraq, why were you all silent??? And as soon as the Russians began to defend their interests, everyone immediately woke up and went against us! And I'll tell you why! Because everyone is afraid of the Russians. I didn't want war! I don't want any war at all! But double standards and hypocrisy I hate most of all.