Correct to remove Russia from international sport?

S

Stevoodoo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Putins crimes

No way is it fair on the Russian athletes who dedicate their lives to their sports.
Most Russian people are actually against the war but probably have to pretend to support their putin as if they don't they will be bullied or something of that nature maybe even prison for treason.
Those Russians haha

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, remove Russia from every International activity.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not fair to Russian sportsmen and women but that way it makes pressure on their government (Putin).... life is not always fair ...

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure if punishing athletes for Putin's crimes is the right choice. However, I would understand it if it happened.

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes punish Russia as much as possible it may make other despots think before they make war

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Total agreed. Russia has to be punished as much as possible until the War is over !

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will take awhile but Russia will probably eventually take over all of the Ukraine (whats left of it-wont be much for cities left but will still be fertile farmland). So how long would sportsban remain in place?

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think, is it fair to want to deprive Russian sports of the right to play at the World Cup and Russian clubs threaten to forget about European competition forever?

I think that sports should not be intertwined with politics, why should we suffer innocent citizens. why they want to deprive us of these emotions, I remember the doping scandal is all nonsense, even the last case with Kamila Valieva is simply awful.

Of course, it is right that a country that launched a war on the territory of a sovereign state can participate in any sporting events, not even in sports, but in general in principle in international issues. Until Russia stops destroying Ukraine and pays repercussions, there can be no talk of participation in international competitions.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Russian athletes cannot pay for the war pigs deeds.

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Russia sports players of all types should be banned what russia is doing should have consequences for all their citizens

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the banning of Russia from all international competitions and also with all sanctions imposed and that may come to be.

It is unacceptable to accept that a nation acts committing atrocities.

Any form of pressure to stop this is fair. And sport is not just a competition between athletes, politicians appropriate the passion of the people to win votes, to be well-regarded with other countries, to be well with public opinion...
A nation does not commit evil, blaming a nation is becoming a racist...it's something to think about, going down this road everyone will end up nowhere

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those who banned Russian athletes use the slogan "sport is out of politics"🤣, everyone was so happy about it, as if it would help stop a military conflict, maybe most of these athletes are against the invasion, but after such a low act towards them, they will change their minds, unfortunately sport and politics have always been interconnected and will be, remember the Olympic games 80 84, you look back and it seems to have been stupid, just like in 20 years it will look stupid

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Several independent non-state sociological studies conducted after February 24 claim that more than 70% of Russians support the war in Ukraine. If more than 70% support the war in Ukraine, then there are engineers, teachers, and athletes among them. Athletes are an integral part of Russian society. Since it supports the war, by default we believe that the athletes are in this majority, unless they say otherwise. Russian sports have always been closely connected with the Russian army. It is difficult to give an exact figure of how many of all active Russian athletes are military.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think sport should be a fair competition between athletes to find out who is the strongest. It shouldn't have anything to do with politics.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely yes! There is no reason what so ever, why the fascist state of Russia should be allowed to use its athletes for propaganda purposes, like Hitler was, when the olympic games were held in germany in 1936. This idea, that "sports and politics should not be mixed" is incredibly naive. Totalitarian states have always mixed them, and there is no reason at all, why we should allow this to take place.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone pointing me a gun, I won't shoot back - it would made me a killer too. Unfortunately, some leaders and money rulers keep enjoying this situation and playing with the folks, pushing themselves against each other, and making them suffer. And it's seems to be true when you have all the money, your main focus will be on getting all the power and strenght.
When all these organisations ban Russian people, they just prove they are all about politics, and not seeing people's individually but seeing them as some kind of leader's second hand. Which is definitely not the case, not the case for everyone. But in a situation like this, every Russian and Ukrainian suffering by the humiliation, in every area of life just like sport.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I cannot understand this decision at all. The athletes can't do anything for Putin's policy and should be treated separately.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If they will stop war - it will be correct to allow them to play.
Also an athlete may play on neutral side.
Overall its bad when politics obey international sport :(