College Football Thread 2019/2020

WSMFP1986

WSMFP1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ready for another great showing by LSU and the super QB Joe Burrow! Bama Hater For Life!!!!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope it's close so LSU can squeeze into the playoff if they run the table besides that game. I think they are one of the top 4, and I think they could beat clemson. I think they line up to Ohio state, very similar. I do think they are a step under Alabama though, but anything can happen in any game. They are definitely a top 4 team though, even with a close loss to alabama.

I think they are one of the few teams that can take a loss and still make it. Alabama, lsu, and maybe georgia, Ohio state and wisconsin could take a a loss. Every other team has to run the table and win their championship game to have a chance
We will see!!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ribby... everything is telling me to bet cal. The breaking point is asu losing their safety, which will be replaced with a true freshman. The over looks too low also.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a big fan of how dukes offensive coordinator is calling. Their defence is playing great but if they don't get a better offensive plan, the defence will tire out being on the field so much.

WSMFP1986

WSMFP1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that very fair to say and everyone knows how hard it is to run the table in SEC,I'm from North Louisiana and it was like for several years High School kids wanting to go to Alabama to win a championship! Now you recruits wanting to go to LSU, Georgia, Clemson saying they want to beat Alabama! The table is turning and in the Alabama high School championship last year Tua's little brother had his ass handed to him by a QB that did go to LSU!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Observations about tonight's games.

Even though they lost easily, San Jose doesn't seem to be as bad as they typically have been in years past. I think I'll look into their games more often from now on.

Penn state are good. My reasoning to bet them was pretty accurate. People saw they only put up 17 against pitt, and didn't believe in them here even though pitt beat ucf the next week.

Maryland were pretenders after all. These beat downs may bring good lines later though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Duke are good. I knew that line was ridiculous(I believe I said both this line and Penn line was off). There is a difference in believing a team will covery easily, and believing that the line is in fact off. Was the same last week, and I won easy then too. They have been good bets for a few years against average teams. Unfortunately they probably opened the publics eyes here, and lines won't be as soft for the rest of the season.

Arizona state. I dodged a bullet on this game in multiple ways. I forgot to bet it because I thought it came on at 9:30. But that was eastern time, and I'm in central. I was hoping that line was going to drop since arizona state had the juice. Lucked out, because I would definitely had been on cal, and possibly the over. As for the game. Not impressed with Arizona state. They got lucky themselves when the cal qb got injured. I think they have value in games they are dogs in against low scoring teams. Much like when ribby won on them vs Michigan state. I did miss an opportunity here though, I realized the game was on after not seeing it in the book, and I saw 2 plays before the injury to the half. It was a tied game, and the halftime line was +0.5 for Arizona state and I thought about playing it since the qb got knocked out, but I didn't know anything of the back up, so I passed on it. Was basically free money.

Cal. Slow start from what imsee in the play by play line, then they started to click and the qb immediately got hurt. Fluke accident when he was tripped and went flying and landed right on his throwing arm. I wouldnt be surprised if he broke something. He hit the ground with the force of a missile shot straight down to the earth. Anyway, cal is done, that back up qb was terrible, and I mean terrible. Unfortunate for cal as I feel they would have won this game by 10 to 13 points just from what I saw of the game. He just missed every pass and made terrible decisions like the last play where he had his back in the flats, and just stood there trying to escape the guy who had him tied up at the legs. He stood there trying to hop out of it for about 3 seconds. Besides the 3 seconds, the back was there before the qb even got tangled to begin with. I'd cals starting qb is out long, which i suspect he will be, they turn into fade material, like UMass is to ribby, haha.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wisconsin line is back to 24 even, so I'm going to get on it

Also buffalo -2.5 I regret not playing this when the line came out, I didn't expect it to get bet this high. It opened at +3 I believe.

Byu -2.5 I just think this line is off. Byu has played a hard schedule and are still 2-2. I think they are better than what it shows on paper.

Those are the only early games I'm on. I'll be watching line movements on the ones beyond that and maybe will have some plays. Watching nd closely, if that line hits 10, I'm all over it. It's 10.5 right now.

I'm all ready on smu, and troy in the later games.

One more actually. Auburn -9 hook. It's 9.5 otherwise, and I have the feeling it will be back to double digits by the time I wake up, so I'm on it now with the hook.

I kind of want to bet all angles on Byu and buffalo like I did with Penn and duke tonight. That worked out because both lines covered, the teaser covered, and the parlay covered. Hit all the angles. I'm not making this a play just yet though.

Edit... one more. I see osu is back to 17. I'm on it, until they show me otherwise, I see no reason why they don't pummel Nebraska here. Wouldn't be surprised by a 50+ to 17 game at all.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I was wrong about the auburn line. It's down to 8.5 with no juice. Not sure why, I don't see any new news on the game, and maybe I'm being a sucker, but now I think the line is off, so I'm going to bet it again. Auburn -8.5 to go along with the auburn -9 with the hook.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding Wisconsin -13.5 live. Can't believe this game is 7 to 3 just a few minutes from halftime. Maybe get lucky and Wisconsin score before half, but even if they dont, I'd have to think they will make the adjustments on offense at halftime. I see a lot of value in this bet.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Byu -0.5 second half. Close game on paper, but byu has almost 250 yards, over 100 more than toledo. Lots of mistakes and missed fgs. Byu should be up double digits instead of just 4.

Michigan -10 second half. Can't believe I'm betting on Michigan for anything, but they need to win this game huge for confidence, and any back door hopes.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Wisconsin stop northwestern here, I may have to think about buying out of the live line. No way I'll be able to buy out of the full game. Wisconsin is pretty much running the same play over and over, and it's not working.

Byu is choking. Just let a 3rd and 18 turn into a 4th and 3, then let the 4th and 3 go for a touchdown, then gave up the 2 point conversion all in a row. Not going to consider a buy out in that one yet though, as it's tied and byu has the ball.

Edit... Wisconsin qb... wtf? You're in a close game and can get the first and you slide because a defender is within 5 yards????

Edit 2.. well it worked out because Wisconsin got a fumble return for a touchdown, but still, you have to have some heart in a game like this with so much riding on this for your team, you don't freaking slide when you could get the first down.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buying out of byu. As long as one of them win by 3, then I'm square there.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible start to the day. 1-4 so far today. I regret not buying out of wisconsin. They were about to cover the full game, then muffed a punt for a td, then gave nw a first down on a penalty that resulted in another td. Buffalo imploded. Not sure why, they were up 14 to 3, then didn't do anything the rest of the game. Lost a teaser due to Wisconsin also. Bought out of Byu.

Adding Alabama -37.5

Sht Florida -28, Alabama -27.5, notre dame -0.5

Hopefully the later games are nicer to me.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bought out of Alabama right when ruggs went down. Thats a serious loss on offence. Not sure why but the line was 40.5, so if I got really lucky I could win both, but I don't see Alabama being able to outscore them by 38 with ruggs out. Miss can get a free double team pretty much with him out.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to do something I almost never do. I'm playing Alabama money line @-714

They should easily win this game, even with the rough start. Miss went up and the line was too good to pass. Laying 14 units here for just 2 in return. I'll be able to buy out of this all day and night so it's just a logical move for a game that opened over -5000

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regret that Alabama buy out now, but the half line makes it roughly the same. I'll get on it at -13

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Troy -3 second half @+100

People betting on the other side, but I like troy here. They got off to a really bad start but came back to tie it going into half time. High scoring game. 62 points, second half over is only 32. I figured it would be 35 to 38. I'll jump on it and buy out if there isn't a score in the first 5 minutes.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Week 5, 14-8 +6.5 units after buy out juice is subtracted.

Was a terrible day, the overall record for the week is ok, but today was 8-8 after buyouts, which took all the days profit after the 2 unit Alabama play. Was just a rough day.

Loss - Sht Wisconsin -14, Alabama -24.5, Ohio state -7
Win - Sht Florida -28, Alabama -27.5, notre dame -0.5
Win - Smu -7
Loss - Troy -6
Win - Memphis -10
Win - Memphis -7 second half
Win - Duke +3
Win - Penn -6.5
Win - Duke/Penn parlay @+250
Win - 7pt Duke + 10 Penn +0.5
Loss - Wisconsin -24
Loss - Buffalo -2.5
Win - Auburn -9 hook
Win - Auburn -8.5
Win - Ohio state -17
Loss - Wisconsin -13.5 live
Win - Michigan -10 second half
Win - Alabama ml @-714 for 2 units
Loss - Alabama second half -13
Win - Ohio state team total over 41.5
Loss - Troy -3 second half
Loss - Ohio state -7 second half

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistakes of the day...

I paid too much attention to the second line of games stating at 2:30 my time. This made me miss on lines I wanted to play that I was waiting on like cincy, umass, and a handful of others that slip my mind now.

I wouldn't say troy was a mistake. Ark state had so many injured players, including their qb. I still don't know what happened at the end. Troy had it on ark state 8 yard line with 44 seconds...then... the game was just over???

Buffalo, again wouldn't say it was a mistake, but man did they implode.

Biggest mistake today was just my overall live betting. I wasn't on it today as I usually am. I got saved late by going 4-1 in the auburn and osu games.

General overview for the week...
Clemson shouldn't be number 1, they are lucky they even won by that 1 point. I think it should be osu, alabama, lsu, and Georgia with Clemson rounding out the top 5.

Taylor and Lawrence dropped out of the Heisman race in my opinion. Not sure why Lawrence was even still in it. To me, it's tua, then hurts, then decent distance to third.

Impressed with nds defence in the second half. They really clamped down in a tough game. Same with Wisconsin, but Wisconsin had their offence exposed to my eyes.

Auburn could play spoiler this year, and if they do, they could slip in the playoffs.

Alabama has abandoned the run too much to the point they aren't nowhere near as good at it as they usually are even though they have a whole group of stud rbs.

Nothing really big happened this week to me, and I'm done with football today, not even going to watch these few late games haha.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unbelievable 3 weeks in a row 8-8 on Saturdays with 4 ties :D

Saturday (8-8-1)
Thursday and Friday (4-0)
Added Thursday -Duke (+3) (1-0)
First Impressions (9-7)
Reversed (3-0) - Memphis, Penn St., Washington

Things I learned this week -

Akron is the new low! :)

I will stop betting on Kansas because of Les Miles.

Nebraska still a few years away!

Auburn defense is pretty good and will give Tide trouble in the Iron Bowl.

North Carolina has a new sheriff in town Mack Brown. Hero going for 2 and the win! :icon_king

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UMass is decent on offence. Their defence just sucks. I thought that line was easy, but ended up not even betting it. Got too caught up in those 3 games at 2:30 and missed out on a lot of lines I would have liked to be on. Oh well

The crazy thing with umass is that rice almost won today too, they lost in overtime. I consider rice the worst team in ncaa.

Les has them going into the right direction. He is getting more out of their talent level than they even have in talent. The problem is is that their tale the is low, so when they play a quality team, it really shows.

Nebraska is trash, haha. All the yes rash hat hype every year and same results. I want to see that osu Penn game. I don't see Penn winning it, but I want to see if they can put some points up on osu

The sad thing with unc is that they got super conservative on offence after going up 14 to 7. They had that game and kind of gave it away. I like the heart of going for it on 4th... but it was dumb in that spot because they were shutting Clemson down, and had the momentum going for them. If that one unc player wasn't on the sideline, the one who was in the way that the runner ran into, I think that busted 2pt conversion would have worked. Bumping into his own player right there cost them. That guy must feel bad because he literally was just in the way, wasn't blocking or anything and when the rb jumped over the defender, he was right there in the way. I think he would hwve beat the other 2 defenders to the endzone if not for that.
Unbelievable 3 weeks in a row 8-8 on Saturdays with 4 ties :D

Saturday (8-8-1)
Thursday and Friday (4-0)
Added Thursday -Duke (+3) (1-0)
First Impressions (9-7)
Reversed (3-0) - Memphis, Penn St., Washington

Things I learned this week -

Akron is the new low! :)

I will stop betting on Kansas because of Les Miles.

Nebraska still a few years away!

Auburn defense is pretty good and will give Tide trouble in the Iron Bowl.

North Carolina has a new sheriff in town Mack Brown. Hero going for 2 and the win! :icon_king

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some first thoughts

Ucf -4 @ cincy. Interesting game, but I think this line is off. I'm betting this right now in case it goes up. I think cincy is a great average team, and I think ucf are a good good team. Know what I mean? Cincy is outclassed here in my opinion and this line is off 3 or more points.

Texas -10 @ west virginia. Kinda feel like Texas can run wv off the field here.

Penn state -25.5 vs purdue. Yikes, seems a bit high for a initial line. I'd suspect this gets bet down to 24 or under before kickoff.

Northern Illinois -6 vs ball state seems appealing. I'll be looking I to this one.

Washington -14 @ Stanford looks nice, I'd like to see it drop a point, but kind of feel it gets bet up or stays here. Stanford just doesn't have the firepower to stay with washington.

Iowa +5.5 @ Michigan hmm... seems a tad high. Figured this would have opened sub 3

Minnesota -13.5 vs Illinois seems a little off. 16.5 or 16 seems like a more realistic opening line.

Northwestern +7 @ nebraska... interesting considering how each team played this last week vs top 10 teams.

Oklahoma -34.5 @kansas. You gotta like that ribby, considering how average Oklahoma is on defence. That's a lot of points on the road.

Nd -45 vs bowling green. I kind of like this even though it'd a huge line. Will be hard pressed for bowling to even score.

Auburn -3 @ florida. Is it just me, or is this line off???

UMass +27... the rise of umass!!! That's a ton of points to lay for a average team like Florida international considering even when they lose, umass puts up some points.

Ohio state -20.5 vs Michigan state. Can ms keep osu under 40? Can ms even score 10 points?

First games that stand out to my eye at first glance.