College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14-10 this week. +2.5 units. Terrible week, lucky to be up at all. For the effort put in, I would have rather just took the day off. Wasn't worth it.

Loss - Houston +3.5 bought out of other Houston lines
Loss - Tcu -8 too little too late
Win - Usc +4
Win - Wisconsin -3
Win - Boise state -7
Win - Boise state -3 second half
Win - Syracuse -4
Loss - Sdsu +4 nice comeback, just fell short
Loss - Alabama -28, Miami -19.5, Lsu -14
Win - 6pt Boston -2, Washington -0.5
Win - Alabama -14 second half
Win - Indiana -7 second half
Loss - Ucf - 10
Win - troy -17.5
Win - Washington -6.5
Win - Ucf -6 second half
Win - Osu -14 second half
Win - Washington -1.5 second half
Loss - Miami -11.5 second half
- Pitt +5.5 live 3.6 units buy out for 2 teasers and a parlay. I don't count this as a win, is just a buy out.
Loss - Sht Georgia -6, north Texas -7, Arkansas -10
Loss - Baylor -10 second half
Win - Nevada -4 second half
Loss - Washington state -7 second half
Loss - Washington state -2.5 live

I should have listened to myself, I even said it here that I thought this week was a let down week, and was it ever. I'm not just talking about my plays, but the games in general. So many big favorites who are good lost to terrible teams. Washington state gave up 50 second half points to terrible ucla, Arkansas straight up lost to San Jose state at home as 21 point favorites, Baylor got shut out in the second half by... rice! Possibly the worst team in all of college. Miami barely beat central Michigan... list goes on. I'll recap some things tomorrow when i get upto help us for the coming weeks. Going to look at a few NFL games, but I might just take the day off with just the one bet which is the Falcons money line.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8-8-2 this week :) The games I dropped were 4-2 ATS - lol Pitt, Tulane, App St and Florida St came through but BYU and Stanford were good drops. Syracuse was a good add as they dominated.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was a really strange week. Next time I say it's a let down week I'm going to listen to myself and just take the day off. The Houston meltdown, Washington state, Arkansas, miami, baylor. I wouldn't put tcu in that group, as they outplayed smu after that bad start, same with ucf. Bad starts happen, but losing to San Jose at home... being shut out 10-0 by rice in the second half... barely beating cent Michigan at home by 5 when you're 30 point favorites, giving up 50 points in a half to ucla! That stuff is inexcusable.
8-8-2 this week :) The games I dropped were 4-2 ATS - lol Pitt, Tulane, App St and Florida St came through but BYU and Stanford were good drops. Syracuse was a good add as they dominated.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... Penn state vs Maryland line is -6. Looks like the line makers thought Marylands game last week was a fluke, and Penn states game wasnt.

That smu line is a bit surprising also, figured it would be higher.

Buffalo being given points vs Miami ohio?

UMass are even dogs at home to akron... haha.

Hawaii looks interesting

Kansas being given a lot of points.

Notre dame line kind of low considering they took Georgia to the wire last.

Ohio state less than 17 at Nebraska

Houston only -2 vs north texas.

Usc at washington, could be high scoring.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duke could be a live dog this week. I hope the public push that line up.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting my early teasers out before they fall off key numbers.
Sht Wisconsin -14, Alabama -24.5, Ohio state -7

Sht Oklahoma -17, Texas a&m -13.5, not notre dame -1

6.5th @+150 Penn state 0, Vanderbilt 0, smu -1

I'm thinking of a duke, buffalo, and UMass money line parlay as my giggles play for the week.unmask has to win one right? Akron and you're at home, this is their chance. Duke is value, as if buffalo. We will see.

People betting hard against smu, that line should hit -7 soon. I don't see the angle, smu have been solid and usf have been pretty bad. People expecting at let down I suppose.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st impressions week 5 -

Thursday - Navy (+10.5) @ Memphis - Midshipmen (3-0) and still double digit dog - maybe Navy not so good or Tigers are that good?

Friday - Maryland (+6.5) @ Home vs Penn St - After last week, which Terrapin team will show?

San Jose St. (+19.5) @ Air Force - Big double digit dog after beating Arkansas on the road?

Arizona St (+5) @ Cal - After losing to Colorado, Sun Devils should be up for this one

Saturday -

Arkansas (+23.5) vs Texas A &M in Arlington - Are the Razorbacks that dirty? lol

Toledo (+1.5) @ Home vs BYU - Interesting match up - Rockets a good dog

North Carolina (+26.5) @ Home vs Clemson - Test for Mac Brown and the heart of this team -maybe 44-23 lol if Tar Heels can even score on them :)

Notre Dame (-12) @ Home vs Virginia - Interesting game here - kind of like Irish

USC (+10.5) @ Washington - True test for Trojans here

Boston College (+7) @ Home vs Wake Forest - Eagles 3-1 - good home dog

Akron (-7) @ UMass - Zips 0-4 still may cover this lol

Marshall (+3.5) @ Home vs Cincy - Thundering Herd pretty tough - this should be a good tussle

Mississippi St (+12.5) @ Auburn - Really good game here - Tiger let down?

Oklahoma St (-6) @ Home vs Kansas St - Wildcats (3-0) vs Cowboys after Longhorn loss

Nebraska (+18) @ Home vs Ohio St - Big step for Cornhusker program

Utah (-6.5) vs Washington St - Both lost ugly but Utes will grind this one

a few more games don't have the spreads yet to be continued ...

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just my 2 cents

Thursday - Navy (+10.5) navy have only played 2 games, and that was holy cross and east carolina. This is a conference game. I expect Memphis to win this easily.

Friday - Maryland (+6.5) @ Home vs Penn St - I'm inclined to believe Pitt is really good this year. They stayed within 1 score of Penn state, and beat ucf straight up, back to back. That shows me something good about penn. I'll likely bet this line straight, but on the other side.

San Jose St. (+19.5) @ Air Force - tough call. San Jose has given up 100 rushing yards in every game, can they stop air force who will run it 95 percent of the time? I think it could even be a competitive game for a while, but I see air force relentlessly pounding the ball, and San Jose defence are going to get worn out. Will be a buffet for air force then. If San Jose can keep it close going I to late 3rd quarter, they have a shot to cover, but if their defence is on the field the majority of the first half, this could get ugly second half.

Arizona St (+5) @ Cal - I would expect this line to drop, or maybe get some good value from people who just glance at teams and see cal is ranked, driving line movement. California did beat Washington though... but that was a weird game with 3 hours of delay.

Arkansas (+23.5) vs Texas A &M in Arlington - Texas A&M can not lose this game, they also need a confidence boost and momentum because they are playing Alabama next game. They can go all out on this game because they have a bye week before the Bama game. The only way I see Arkansas covering here is a trash time backdoor cover, but if I'm right, I expect the starters to stay in a little longer. Tex desperately needs a big win here.

Toledo (+1.5) @ Home vs BYU - Interesting for sure. One thing to note is that byu has faced serious opponents... utah, usc, and washington. They may be better than the paper says. They did beat usc afterall, and they haven't had to travel in 3 weeks.

North Carolina (+26.5) @ Home vs Clemson - unc is the Atlanta Falcons of college. They get behind big in the first half, and make huge comebacks, falling short half of the time. It's a lot of points to lay, could slip in the back door if their tendencies hold up.

Notre Dame (-12) @ Home vs Virginia - this line is going up and up. Notre dame looked impressive in that loss, while Virginia had to make a comeback against old dominion

USC (+10.5) @ Washington - True test indeed. Not sure how I feel on this one yet. If it goes to 11 though it's begging to be teased to 21

Boston College (+7) @ Home vs Wake Forest - another tough call here. I'd need to look Into it deeper

Akron (-7) @ UMass - funny game, you'd have to think UMass is getting coached up for this.

Marshall (+3.5) @ Home vs Cincy - I'd have to lean cincy here, and over probably. I just think cincy has more talent and that after that blow out to osu they Sri starting to figure themselves out.

Mississippi St (+12.5) @ Auburn - auburn has been way more tested than miss state, and they are home. They should cover this. They do have a big game next week so if they are up 3 scores late, they could pull everyone leaving it open for a back door, but 2 scores at home here seems a reasonable line.

Oklahoma St (-6) @ Home vs Kansas St - I don't know a lot about Kansas state this year. They got a solid win this last week on the road, but ok state's loss to Texas seems more impressive to me than the ks win. They are home also for 2 fgs. I'd look into it but looks good.

Nebraska (+18) @ Home vs Ohio St - osu or nothing here. I don't trust Nebraska for anything, and osu has done nothing but cover just about every possible line they have had including overs, and even prop bets.

Utah (-6.5) vs Washington St - Washington state are going to score, can utah score enough to cover?
1st impressions week 5

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just my 2 cents

Thursday - Navy (+10.5) navy have only played 2 games, and that was holy cross and east carolina. This is a conference game. I expect Memphis to win this easily.

Friday - Maryland (+6.5) @ Home vs Penn St - I'm inclined to believe Pitt is really good this year. They stayed within 1 score of Penn state, and beat ucf straight up, back to back. That shows me something good about penn. I'll likely bet this line straight, but on the other side.

San Jose St. (+19.5) @ Air Force - tough call. San Jose has given up 100 rushing yards in every game, can they stop air force who will run it 95 percent of the time? I think it could even be a competitive game for a while, but I see air force relentlessly pounding the ball, and San Jose defence are going to get worn out. Will be a buffet for air force then. If San Jose can keep it close going I to late 3rd quarter, they have a shot to cover, but if their defence is on the field the majority of the first half, this could get ugly second half.

Arizona St (+5) @ Cal - I would expect this line to drop, or maybe get some good value from people who just glance at teams and see cal is ranked, driving line movement. California did beat Washington though... but that was a weird game with 3 hours of delay.

Arkansas (+23.5) vs Texas A &M in Arlington - Texas A&M can not lose this game, they also need a confidence boost and momentum because they are playing Alabama next game. They can go all out on this game because they have a bye week before the Bama game. The only way I see Arkansas covering here is a trash time backdoor cover, but if I'm right, I expect the starters to stay in a little longer. Tex desperately needs a big win here.

Toledo (+1.5) @ Home vs BYU - Interesting for sure. One thing to note is that byu has faced serious opponents... utah, usc, and washington. They may be better than the paper says. They did beat usc afterall, and they haven't had to travel in 3 weeks.

North Carolina (+26.5) @ Home vs Clemson - unc is the Atlanta Falcons of college. They get behind big in the first half, and make huge comebacks, falling short half of the time. It's a lot of points to lay, could slip in the back door if their tendencies hold up.

Notre Dame (-12) @ Home vs Virginia - this line is going up and up. Notre dame looked impressive in that loss, while Virginia had to make a comeback against old dominion

USC (+10.5) @ Washington - True test indeed. Not sure how I feel on this one yet. If it goes to 11 though it's begging to be teased to 21

Boston College (+7) @ Home vs Wake Forest - another tough call here. I'd need to look Into it deeper

Akron (-7) @ UMass - funny game, you'd have to think UMass is getting coached up for this.

Marshall (+3.5) @ Home vs Cincy - I'd have to lean cincy here, and over probably. I just think cincy has more talent and that after that blow out to osu they Sri starting to figure themselves out.

Mississippi St (+12.5) @ Auburn - auburn has been way more tested than miss state, and they are home. They should cover this. They do have a big game next week so if they are up 3 scores late, they could pull everyone leaving it open for a back door, but 2 scores at home here seems a reasonable line.

Oklahoma St (-6) @ Home vs Kansas St - I don't know a lot about Kansas state this year. They got a solid win this last week on the road, but ok state's loss to Texas seems more impressive to me than the ks win. They are home also for 2 fgs. I'd look into it but looks good.

Nebraska (+18) @ Home vs Ohio St - osu or nothing here. I don't trust Nebraska for anything, and osu has done nothing but cover just about every possible line they have had including overs, and even prop bets.

Utah (-6.5) vs Washington St - Washington state are going to score, can utah score enough to cover?

Thank you! Appreciate the info!

I am going to keep track of this sheet. We will see how 1st impressions pans out this weekend for the hell of it. 16 games

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always go with your instincts. If you like some of these early, and you see its starting to get juiced, then play it now before it goes up. Same for the opposite though, if the juice is on the other side, sit back a while and maybe get a half point or a whole point for free, hell sometimes you get a handful of points if you get in on it before everyone else starts to hit it.
Thank you! Appreciate the info!

I am going to keep track of this sheet. We will see how 1st impressions pans out this weekend for the hell of it. 16 games

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Toledo is a good example of what I said, people pounding the other side. Up a whole point, and byu still has the juice.

Wish I had bet buffalo... guess a lot of people saw what I saw, the line is crashing.

ND went up a whole point so far

Cincy went up a tad

I'm really starting to like the troy line.

Auburn line is crashing.

Houston is the big mover... -2 to +7.5 yikes. That's crazy movement. They must have a injury or something.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Houston will indeed be without their qb.... for the rest of the season, and half of their skill players... for the rest of the season. Really strange move. They are basically shutting it down for the year, while being able to bring back some people who are on their last year by red shirting them. I'm almost tempted to bet on north texas.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding troy while it's -6.

Ark state has injury issues, and they might not even have their qb this game. It's home for troy who have played pretty good so far this year.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (8-8-2) E Overall (27-28) -$100(-1.0)

Tonight -

Memphis @ Home vs Navy(-11) - Flipped my thinking on this one - Midshipmen untested

Friday -

Penn St.(-6.5) @ Maryland - Flipped my thinking on this game too - thanks Synopsis

Arizona St (+4.5) @ California - Sun Devils will play hard after last weeks loss at home

Saturday -

Wisconsin (-24.5) @ Home vs Northwestern - Too much for Wildcats

Arkansas (+23.5) vs Texas A&M - Razorbacks played tough the last time they met in Arlington

Kansas (+15.5) @ TCU - Good test for Les Miles and his bunch

Notre Dame (-12.5) @ Home vs Virginia- Time to get bad taste of Georgia out of their heads

Washington (-10.5) @ Home vs USC - Flipped on this one as well. Go Huskies!

Charlotte (-1) @ Home vs FAU - Only way is up after Clemson

Temple (-8.5) @ Home vs Georgia Tech - Yellow Jackets lose to Citadel and now Owls

ULM (-16) @ Home vs South Alabama - Warhawks crushed S. Alabama last year on the road by 18

Nebraska (+17)@ Home vs Ohio St. - Big game for Frost and company - good measuring stick

Boston College (+7) @ Home vs Wake Forest - Like this dog in this spot

Baylor (+3) @ Home vs Iowa St. -Good dog here with pretty good offense

Purdue (+1.5) @ Home vs Minnesota - Rondel Moore makes difference in this game

Akron (-7.5) @ UMASS - still betting against Minutemen (4-0 so far)

Liberty (-7) @ Home vs New Mexico - lets see if Flames can score 62 this week :)

Troy (-7.5) @ Home vs Arkansas St. - Red Wolves trending to loss this week

Auburn (-10.5) @ Home vs Mississippi St. - Tigers Defense will win this one

Florida State (-6.5) @ Home vs NC State - Will Seminoles under achieve?

I made my college picks today! Let's Goooo! Good luck all!

1 Unit Each @ $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the navy memphis game now. It basically break down to how many broken plays happen in this game. Memphis is a run first team, and navy is a triple option team. That means the clock will be running way more in this game than your typical game. Believe it or not, both of these teams are in the top 5 defensively thus far in the season. That combo kind of screams under 53.5. Memphis is a better team in my eyes, but they were last year too, and lost by a point. The advantage I see here is navy is kind of small on defence, while that may help with speed, I don't see it helping when the ball is just being pounded. It's at home, and memphis hasn't forgotten last year, but will there be enough possessions in the game to cover double digits? Like I said above it seems this just comes down to broken plays and I'd have to lean memphis due to their size, but there is a wrinkle here... navy has aquired a decent passing game. When I say decent, don't expect huge stats on it, I think they are 17 for 29 total between their games for only 256 yards, but 0 interceptions. Those stats don't seem impressive at all right, but they are a triple option team. You have to defend that heavy, so there will be multiple times in the game where a surprise pass gets them a free 1st down, or even a long play. Memphis on the other hand are more traditional, but are run first. The last 2 games were won by whoever won the turnover battle. I'd have to give the advantage to Memphis here due to navy having less size, which in theory should make it easier for memphis to fumble less. They fumbled 4 or 5 time last year. Schedule advantage is to memphis, and home advantage. On paper this should be memphis and the under.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thoughts on your picks
Memphis @ Home vs Navy(-11) - I agree with your reasoning about being untested. I'm not sure if I'll be on this game. I am considering a tease of memphis and the under.

Penn St.(-6.5) @ Maryland - I haven't hit it yet, but I don't see how I don't take Penn 7 or under here. If Maryland didn't put up those huge numbers the first few games, this line would be around 17 at opening. Penn has destroyed Maryland in recent years, and as I said, Penn beat Pitt by 7 and putt beat ucf the very next week, so I give weight to Penn being pretty good.

Arizona St (+4.5) @ California - I just don't like Arizona state as a team, but you did call their upset win. Cal beat Washington at washington, and are undefeated, but outside of the Washington go on game, haven't looked impressive are all.

Wisconsin (-24.5) @ Home vs Northwestern - you can still get this are tilt 24 some places. Nw hasn't looked good at all, while Wisconsin is looking like they can make a run for a championship this year. If I'm not on this game straight, I'll be teasing it for sure.

Arkansas (+23.5) vs Texas A&M - ark lost to San jose... Texas a&m lost to auburn. A rebound game for both. Tex hasn't seemed to break through on their offensive potential yet, is this the game they get set free?

Kansas (+15.5) @ TCU - Kansas is still too unpredictable for me to bet on, but I wouldn't be shocked by auburn cover here, it is a rebound gsme for turning though.

Notre Dame (-12.5) @ Home vs Virginia- on paper this should be an easy win

Washington (-10.5) @ Home vs USC - tough tough game to cap. Usc starting we isn't 100 percent locked in yet (unless they did between now and last night)

Charlotte (-1) @ Home vs FAU - I wonder how much that effected their mindset.

Temple (-8.5) @ Home vs Georgia Tech - I'd have to look more I to this.
ULM (-16) @ Home vs South Alabama - ulm is one of those teams that can upset people who look past them. That's to say they are decent year in and year out. I haven't seen much of South Alabama this year, but I'd be inclined on are ulm cover is sa are their typical selves

Nebraska (+17)@ Home vs Ohio St. - I just simply do not belive in nebraska. Osu should run the score up here. They need to run all the not huge games up so if they lose any of their big games, their body of work could possibly keep them in the top 4 at years end. I wouldn't mind a close game at half, because I would absolutely pound Osu 2nd half in that case.

Boston College (+7) @ Home vs Wake Forest - pretty evenly matched from what I've seen. Taking the points is probably the best play.

Baylor (+3) @ Home vs Iowa St. Baylor got shut out 10-0 in the second half to rice!!! They are dead to me just like Florida state.

Purdue (+1.5) @ Home vs Minnesota - this line seems accurate. Last year I would have taken Purdue all day here, but something seems off with them so far.

Akron (-7.5) @ UMASS - haha, I'm tempted to put a little on UMass due to the hook. What a shit shown this game should be.

Liberty (-7) @ Home vs New Mexico - liberty are a sneaky team, reminds me a lot of troy. They play solid and whoop people who aren't mid or higher p5 teams

Troy (-7.5) @ Home vs Arkansas St. - I'm already on this one. I really like troy aren't home here.

Auburn (-10.5) @ Home vs Mississippi St. - I agree with your reasoning. A lot of people expect this to be aren't free let down game, but I think they ell be ready to play. I would have bought the hook though here for 10 flat

Florida State (-6.5) @ Home vs NC State - fsu is dead to me, I hope you cover, but if you dont, then I hope it's not even close.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what ribby... I'm kinda thinking UMass win straight up this week. Akron only averages 1 more yard per pass. UMass average 2 more yards per rush. Akron has been sacked 20 times, UMass has been sacked 12. Both of those are bad, but 20!?!? UMass can win here if they don't throw a bunch of picks. UMass is over 10 percent better on 3rd down conversions. They have averaged 8 more points per game. 12 touch downs to 7. Every Stat is better or even on a per play average, the only negative is the interceptions.

This literally is the only game I can see them winning. They have byu, nw, army, liberty, uconn (second best chance, Florida international, and Louisiana tech. I'm sure the coaches are thinking the same and should be all out for a win here.

I may actually play this straight... haha. Maybe even parlay with duke moneyline.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know what ribby... I'm kinda thinking UMass win straight up this week. Akron only averages 1 more yard per pass. UMass average 2 more yards per rush. Akron has been sacked 20 times, UMass has been sacked 12. Both of those are bad, but 20!?!? UMass can win here if they don't throw a bunch of picks. UMass is over 10 percent better on 3rd down conversions. They have averaged 8 more points per game. 12 touch downs to 7. Every Stat is better or even on a per play average, the only negative is the interceptions.

This literally is the only game I can see them winning. They have byu, nw, army, liberty, uconn (second best chance, Florida international, and Louisiana tech. I'm sure the coaches are thinking the same and should be all out for a win here.

I may actually play this straight... haha. Maybe even parlay with duke moneyline.

:D lolololol Yes! I may lose the spread on this game but for whole year I should be roses. We shall see! Good luck!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll probably sissy out and not play the game at all, but everything on paper looks like a upset win for them. It's hard to put a bet on UMass haha...
:D lolololol Yes! I may lose the spread on this game but for whole year I should be roses. We shall see! Good luck!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to get on memphis. Not sure if I'll do the line prior to kick off, or if I will wait to do it live. My thought process is simple, if the line stays as is at least. Navy should get the ball first. If memphis stop their first drive, the line for memphis will only go up half a point, and at the moment that half a point would be irrelevant as its not a key number. In that scenario I'd have basically the same line, in a game where memphis basically got the ball first in both halves since they stopped the first drive. If late one comes in on navy though and drop it to 10.5 where it opened at, or even 10, I'll bet that, or buy the hooks. Lot of options here. Unless navy score a touchdown on their first drive and memphis doesn't respond directly after, then it should be easy to buy out of. That's one of the beauties of weekday games, you can pay so much more attention to them.

Besides those reasons, memphis has a new defensive coordinator this year, and he coached at Chattanooga. Well why does that matter??? It matters because he saw at least 3 teams a year that ran the triple option in that division. Memphis should be more prepared than they have been in the last few years due to that.

The scary angle here is that over the last decade, navy has been in the top 3 of best dogs to take. They have won over 60 percent of games where they were dogs. Kind of crazy, and even crazier considering they barely win 40 percent when favored.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Memphis line is all over the place. It went up to 12, then went down to 10.5 all within 30 minutes. The over has been moving a solid point from 53.5 to 54.5 also, just back and forth.

It's -10.5 @-105 right noe, but I don't think it will change in the next few minutes, so I think I'm going to just buy that hook, will only cost me -115 to get -10 flat so I'm going to do that instead of live since if they do stop navy on that drive, people may bet that live line up. I don't see getting good 10 for cheaper unless navy go up fast, and that wouldn't be great value.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what Memphis is thinking, but they are keeping 4 players 7 to 10 yards behind the middle linebacker... no sense. Navy is, and will continue to slash them like that. Why would you do that with 1 wr on the field???

Edit. Well well... Memphis first play was a 75 yard to run. Let's see if Memphis can actually play defence this next time.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible offensive game plan by memphis so far, but they have the momentum after that kickoff return and defensive stops. 2nd half line looks nice considering that and that they get it first the next half.

That first quarter was strange given how many and how far back memphis had their dbs. It's like they were trying to bait a triple option team into running haha, no sense at all. Turnovers are even, but the one memphis had was costly. Pretty much the difference in the game so far.

Edit... geeeeeezzzz... how can you miss a pass where the guy doesn't even have a defender within 20 yards of him!! And he missed the pass by like 20 yards on top of it, to a stationary target.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Covered full game and second half. Nice 2-0 start to the week.

Shouldn't have been that close, but they adjusted in the second half. Memphis won the second half 21 to 3.

Let's count that money ribby :cool:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duke +3
Penn state -6.5

Betting these from all angles. Simply put, I think both of these lines are wrong. I think Penn state should be closer to 10, and duke should actually be the favorite, or a pickem at the minimal. Virginia Tech doesn't fare well to how duke is set up. Would have preferred Penn state at 6, but I don't see it getting there, and I'm not going to buy the hook on it since those other options are in play.

I'm not sure why, I must have thought I got the bet in and closed my window out, but I looked at my bet slips on all my books and I didn't actually put in the penn, smu, vandy teaser, so subtract that out of my lineup. I may play it again, but I'm kind of glad about it to be honest, I think their are better spots for the cash.