College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Tulane scored 24 in a row before that fg to tie it. I kinda wish he had missed it, because it would have assured us the cover, it's going to overtime most likely.

Houston dropped 2 tds in this game... including that one right at the end that would have put them up 4 with 20 seconds left.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow.... Houston just gave up a td with 3 seconds left.... this is unreal... and that was after a fake taking of the knee... how are you not in prevent defence there???

I feel completely robbed. I was able to buy out before the Houston fg, but I only bought out of the parlay, not the single spread, so I still took a loss there. Unreal... was completely the right call, Houston left 2 td out there, and missed 2 fgs, and still should have covered...

Last edited:
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow.... Houston just gave up a td with 3 seconds left.... this is unreal... and that was after a fake taking of the knee... how are you not in prevent defence there???

I feel completely robbed. I was able to buy out before the Houston fg, but I only bought out of the parlay, not the single spread, so I still took a loss there. Unreal... was completely the right call, Houston left 2 td out there, and missed 2 fgs, and still should have covered...

Pretty gross ending for Houston but uplifting for Tulane.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shouldn't have been close to begin with. Houston was winning 28 to 7... Tulane scored before half, but Houston had time to score and they went right down the field and a guy was in the end zone alone and the ball sailed just a yard too much, then they missed the fg, so 28 to 14 at half. Houston completely sat down after that. The coaching got conservative. Then Tulane took advantage of it by... playing exactly the same as the first half... it's not like they were spectacular in the come back. Houston just kinda let them tie it. Then Houston has the go ahead td with 20 seconds left.... and the wr dropped it... right in his hands and he butter fingered it. They bunched the line at the end where Tulane was in v formation for no reason, so the fake got like 30 yards. Even then our bets were perfectly fine. Then that last play... guy was defended well and had 2 other Houston players right there. Houston defender kinda leta him catch it, wraps him up but doesn't take him down, he bounces off another one, stumble runs into the end zone with 3 seconds left... no prevent being played there... unreal...

Houston had almost 400 yards just in the first half, Tulane barely had 150. Why Houston changed their game plan at half time is a mystery. I'm still sick about this game. When you make the right pick, especially on a dog, and 20 unexplainable things happen to make you lose just by a few points, it's just sickening man.
Pretty gross ending for Houston but uplifting for Tulane.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, what's worse is I almost bought out right when Houston went up by 21 because the live line on Tulane was almost the same as the parlay, I could have put 1 unit on it, and assured either a few units won there, or broke even on the line and still had the parlay and teaser (teaser is still alive now) live for great odds at 2 or 3 units returned. Houston was dominating though and I thought better of it and let it ride until they tied it. I bought out of it all except the straight spread there figuring it would be overtime, and would have a decent shot at that winning. Just sickening man.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK let's forget about that and get back to making money.

I'm starting to really like the Wisconsin line, and absolutely love it in a tease also. Michigan is a constant underachieving team. Every year they have grand expectations, and out of the 3 or so big games they have a year, they drop 2 of them at least. They haven't beat Wisconsin in the last 4 tries while away. Wisconsin is rolling on offense and I do think Michigan has the best defence they have faced so far, I don't see them keeping Taylor in check for a whole game. Michigan has a lot of pressure on them here, and they have proven to Crack under pressure. Along with the pressure, their confidence is at a low after last week, and I'd have to believe they are intimidated by wisconsin.

If Michigan does pull off the upset, I can't picture it being by more than 3 points, they would have to win in one of those grueling games where the winner takes it at the end, which I don't think they will. Saying that though, I really love wisconsin in 7 point teases, or sht, alone with the line. I am probably going to rebuild the parlay also with them in it, usc tonight, and sdsu late on saturday.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tcu -8
Wisconsin -3
Usc +4

Betting these and parlay, and tease. Going to view them as a group and if I buy out, I'll buy out to cover it all minus the other 2 lines. 5 units total investment. With possible 11 units returned, so i have comfortable space to buy out at any given moment.

Unless there is some crazy line movement in a direction I like on other games, this will be the only play I make today, or at least until the game is over tonight. I'm banking on usc to keep the magic they have had against Utah while home. Weird stuff has happened for usc when Utah comes to town to give them the win. Also banking the qb steps up. If Utah gets to him quickly, he might fold, and I would buy out even if it's 0 to 0 at that point. I think that's how I'm going to play this week, because their aren't a ton of games I'm in love with. Safe buy outs and fingers crossed kind of week.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going to splash on Boise state. That line seems reasonable at home. Air Force is all run, and Boise has a solid rush defence. I'm sure af will break through here and there, but I'd also take Boise at home in a shootout. I don't think air force can hold Boise under 30, and I don't see many scenarios where air force put up 24 or more here.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously??? Usc qb hurt on second play of the game...

Edit. Well the 3rd string qb threw a td... maybe not so bad.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are some good games tonight. All close at halftime. Boise halftime looks good. Usc about to go to halftime up 4. I'm curious to see what that line will be. Probably close to what the opening line was.

Edit. Yeap, line is +4 usc second half. I'm not going to bet it though, no real point with having a 8 point cushion now on the full game line

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice. Boise covers both full game and half, and usc win straight up. 3-0 tonight, and have those teasers and parlays still alive.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding..
Syracuse -4
Sdsu +4
Sht Alabama -28, Miami -19.5, Lsu -14
6pt Boston -2, Washington -0.5

Leaning...
Troy -17 might bite on this
Ucf -10 I don't see myself talking myself out of this one
Washington -6.5 if it drops to 6
Texas -6.5 impressed me vs lsu, but their pass defence....
A few others if there is a little line movement.

I expect most of my plays will be 2nd halfs on teams that under performed in the first half. There aren't a lot of lines I like this week in ncaa, or nfl. Not that their aren't good lines, just that it feels like a let down week, more so after that Houston debacle.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding Alabama -14 second half. I expected it to be closer to 17 or so. 14 seems like a barging to pay out or at least push.

Indiana second half looks good too, but I'm not paying all that juice. If the line goes up I'll get on it.

Edit. I'm going to go ahead and take it, uconn only have 65 yards in the game, Indiana has well over 200, and even though Indiana is losing the turnover game, they are up 17 Tom after a slow start.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alabama and Indiana both had 21-0 second half shut outs. Wisconsin is going to cover by a million. That Syracuse game is a shootout.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ucf went back to -10. I know Pitt is a tougher team than most give credit to, hell, I won with them week 2 for that reason, but I don't see them being able to slow ucf down enough to keep this single digits. I think pitt is getting a lot of love because of the tough game they gave Penn state last week, and it's giving the ucf line a lot of value. I'm on it.

Syracuse just went up 12. Boston covered on the first half of my 2 team.

I want to bet auburn, but I'm not going to because tcu game starts at the same time and I have that line, tease, and a over +600 parlay on that game having usc, and Wisconsin already covering their legs of the parlay. I need to pay attention to that game and I'll be able to buy out and profit if needed or even lose the buy out and profit. Obviously I hope I don't have to buy out at all, but sure profit is always nice. I'll hit Washington since I feel assured of a break even at worse wince Boston covered.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tcu and ucf have 5 turn overs between them barely into the 2nd in both games... gees...

Tcu is fighting back, but I don't know wtf ucf are doing. 3rd and long and they run it??? They are playing completely different than normal, and it's not worked, yet they are still doing it. Oh... and as I write this their punt gets blocked and ran back for a score. They are getting absolutely smoked. I don't think I will be able to buy out of this one, unless they score 3 unanswered semi quickly.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Washington -1.5 second half

Ucf -6 second half. It's the opposite of a buy out, but they scored the last 10, defence started playing better, and hopefully at the half, they fix the turnovers and get more aggressive. I like the line, and it falls within the window of a future buy out on the teasers I have Ucf in. I don't think I'll be able to buy out of the game line, so this is kind of a equalizer to that if all goes well, and it's meaningless if I have to buy out near a 0 line.

Osu -14 second half. Same reasoning as Alabama earlier.

Unfortunately the tcu half line makes no sense for me because they gave up that td seconds before halftime. I'll have to hope they come out and have a 10-0 or 14 to 3 type of 3rd quarter for the live line to be able to buy out of their teasers. I don't see a option coming up to be able to buy out of it all unless they have a huge 3rd of 21 to 0, maybe even 17 to 0. Who knows, it could happen.

Miami -11.5 second half. What an embarrassing first half for them, 7 to 2.... this bet is completely on Miami's pride and ego. These coaches need to get them going because if it stays like this, it will roll over to next week.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ucf with a quick 14 points, I could buy out now... but they just have all the momentum. I'm not going to right now.

Edit. Another ucf td. They have scored 31 unanswered points. They are being dumb with penalties though on defence. ... and now they have lost the momentum... depending on what Pitt does this drive, I'll be eyeing a buy out if they get to ufc's 35 or so

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buying out of the tcu teasers, via ucf, as they are both in the teasers together. If ucf holds here, it's pretty much assured. A bit of a gamble.

Edit. Tcu just scored, only down a td now with 9 minutes left... if they could get this tied up, or even win before overtime... I could win the buy out and the teasers both. I don't think that will happen, because smu has responded well each time tcu scores, but fingers crossed.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, what an ending there. Pitt bailed me out there because ucf getting that last score screwed me, I was betting for them to hold at 31.

Miami... what a freaking joke... they could actually lose their game. Both bets with them is 100 percent busts.

Adding sht Arkansas -10, Georgia -6, north Texas -7

Going to lay off the Texas game. See how they fair for a quarter or so then maybe jump on a live line.

Looking at nevada -14, and Washington -17.5. If that hits 17 I'll probably jump on it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baylor -10 second half

Considering oregon -6.5 second half
Edit. Going to skip oregon.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Washington state -2.5 live

Ucla has scored 28 straight points in like 10 minutes. Maybe shouldn't jump on this, but even with what's happening, I can't see Washington state losing at home here.

Edit... and.... ucla just returned a punt to go up by 4... what is going on tonight...

Edit 2... and Washington state just threw a 65 yard td. Washington states qb has 9 touchdowns... 123 points in this game so far.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ucla down 32 points, and win the game... they went for it on 4th and 5 inside the 10, and didn't get it. They were only down 3, the play made no sense. Washington fumbles the next play to give Ucla the ball right there again and they score. Washington get the back with a minute and change left and immediately fumble again... game over. Unreal.