johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm quite pleased and surprised with Maryland in their first 2 Games. Fantastic start
and now ranked 21st in the AP poll.

Go Terps!:flute:

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just my thoughts on your leans ribby
Tar Heels on the road. - this is the classic let down game huh.... except unc are underdogs once again. Mack brown, who is a great coach, who players seem to love, has all the motivational tools right there. He should have them feeling disrespected with something to prove. If the line was flipped, then yes, I'd see this as a possible let down game and I'd steer clear of it, but it's the oppoiste.

Houston +8.5 @ home vs Washington St.- this line keeps climbing. The higher it goes, obviously the better for houston, but Houston just flat out isn't good. They beat Prarie view by a whopping 20 points... they lost to Oklahoma by 18, and keep in mind 14 of Houston points in that game were in the 4th quarter where Oklahoma, who doesn't have very good defence to begin with, had already gotten to the point of subbing out starters just wanting to milk clock. Washington state is going to put up points, and Houston can't stop that, and I don't think they can go eye for an eye either. Houston quarterback, who was supposed to have a big year was only 15 for 26 for 139 yards, 1 td, and 1 interceptions at home again Prarie view....

UCF (-7.5) long trip for Stanford. - I'd lean UCF also.

Indiana (+16) @ home vs Ohio St. - Indiana only beat ball state by 10... they whooped eastern Illinois but eastern Illinois week 1 lost to Chattanooga by 2 scores... I'm not impressed by Indiana in the least, anything under 17 looks like a solid line to me.

Mississippi St (-8) vs Kansas St. - too iffy for me. Kansas state hasn't played anyone for a real scale of how good they are. Opening line was probably a accurate representation of the game. 2 cup cakes at home, then a sec team away probably isn't a great recipe. Staying away from it.

West Virginia (+6.5) @ home vs NC St - West Virginia is terrible this year. They have given up over 400 yards rushing in just 2 games, and NC state has rushed for 500 in just 2 games.... NC state has also passed for 270+ yards a game too, so it's not like they are one dimensional to get those stats.

Illinois (-8.5) @ home vs Eastern Michigan - I don't know enough on these teams to give any decent information. All I can say is Illinois was a 20+ point favorite last week, but only won by 1 score. Eastern Michigan didn't cover last week either... but were on the road vs a sec team.

Colorado (-4) I think Colorado defence is good enough to stop a 1 dimensional offence. On the other side I see them good enough on offence to slap them around. All depends on the rush defence by colorado. I like it.

Arizona St (+13) @ Michigan St - beat Kent state by 23 at home. Beat Sacramento state at home by 12... averaging under 25 points a game to those teams.... now they are going to play a great defence away. Michigan state has not had to travel once so far this season.... I wouldn't touch Arizona state with someone else's 10 foot pole.

Like the Iowa (-2.5) love this one. Already spoke about it.

Western Kentucky (+10) @ home vs Louisville - at that line, I'd take louisville. They played notre dame closer than expected, and got a 42 to 0 shutout last week. Western Kentucky lost to central Arkansas at home, and beat Florida international by 2 field goals...

Kentucky (+8) @ home vs Florida - if Florida doesn't blow them out in the first half and it's close second half, I still think they would pull away for a double digit win late.

Middle Tenn St (+6.5) @ home vs Duke - mid tenn got slapped by what has proven to be a, once again, grossly overrated Michigan. They beat a bigger nobody than themselves last week by 19. Duke had the mother of all first game learning experiences week 1 playing alabama. They covered their next game which was -27. I think duke will cap out of mid tenn.

Syracuse (+27.5) - for one, this line is inflated due to the massive beat down Maryland gave them. If they would have won last week, I bet this line would have been comfortably under 20. That said, I won't be playing this game at these odds, I did already take it in a teaser though.

Hawaii (+21.5) @ Washington - hard one here. Massive let down at home in a weird almost 3 hour weather delay for washington. Do they rebound against a notoriously scrappy Hawaii team? I'd probably lean Hawaii also being given over 3 tds.

Florida St (+7) all the talent in the world, and can't get it to work for a full game. Been years of this for them now. Virginia is solid, but Florida state has the better player talent. I want nothing to do with this game.

Purdue (+2) not enough info on tcu, they only played 1 game, where nothing really stood out as great. Purdue is a solid team. Just not enough to go on here for me.

Can Chip Kelly and UCLA (+22.5) @ home stop Oklahoma? No... no they cant. This should get ugly but there is the possibility of a back door cover, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think this line is off by a solid amount in favor of oklahoma.

New Mexico State (+15.5) 8th San Diego state hadn't won 6 to 0 vs weber in week 1, this line would be in the mid to high 20s. San Diego state looked better last week beating UCLA at ucla, the coaches should use this week to buffer the confidence boost they got last week. If they approach the game like that, this should be a slaughter.

Wake Forest is 11th in passing and pretty decent at home. I like Mack Brown but Demon Deacons do the dancing.

Arizona State may surprise you how hard they play this week.

I appreciate the info and let's win some money!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you and I had a team of just you and i, we would be 11th in passing Vs rice and Utah state :D

Here is the thing also... yeah they had 400 yards passing week 1 against Utah state.... but they didn't even have the most passing yards in the game. Utah state did. Then week 2, they played rice, and had just over 300 yards passing, which is good usually, but against rice that's average.

I don't think I will be surprised by Arizona state so much as I could see Michigan state being disappointing. If they both perform at the levels they have this far through the season, this is a 30/35 to 10 or so game. Possibly worse. Michigan state always has let down possibilities though, they seem known for it so anything is possible.

If you play it, I hope you get the let down version of Michigan state. Good luck this week.
Wake Forest is 11th in passing and pretty decent at home. I like Mack Brown but Demon Deacons do the dancing.

Arizona State may surprise you how hard they play this week.

I appreciate the info and let's win some money!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you and I had a team of just you and i, we would be 11th in passing Vs rice and Utah state :D

Here is the thing also... yeah they had 400 yards passing week 1 against Utah state.... but they didn't even have the most passing yards in the game. Utah state did. Then week 2, they played rice, and had just over 300 yards passing, which is good usually, but against rice that's average.

I don't think I will be surprised by Arizona state so much as I could see Michigan state being disappointing. If they both perform at the levels they have this far through the season, this is a 30/35 to 10 or so game. Possibly worse. Michigan state always has let down possibilities though, they seem known for it so anything is possible.

If you play it, I hope you get the let down version of Michigan state. Good luck this week.

Give the Aggies a little credit (11-2 last year) Won their bowl game pretty easy. Go across the country and play Wake first game of the season and almost win.

Let the Spartans party too hard the night before. :)

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utah state are a solid team. I was just pointing out that wake isn't exactly crushing with that passing stat. It's not nearly as impressive to have 400 yards passing, if the other team did too. North Carolina have given up almost the same amount of passing yards in their 2 games combined as wake gave up to Utah state, and I'm pretty sure most would agree they have had the better opponents. Wake looked to take a step back vs rice. I'd take Utah state over rice at the same line wake had them at all day. North Carolina has been consistent in their games, both as underdogs to major schools. I feel the line should be swapped, so of course I'm on it. As they say, "That's why they play the games." We will see, but I'd take this line in this situation every time.
Give the Aggies a little credit (11-2 last year) Won their bowl game pretty easy. Go across the country and play Wake first game of the season and almost win.

Let the Spartans party too hard the night before. :)

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is what I bet today - 1 unit each - LFG! :)

Wake Forest (-3) Going to stay with this favorite - Tar Heels no wins on road last year

Cincy (-17.5) Bearcats have red ass after last week - good home team

Indiana (+16.5) Still like Hoosiers defense + being @ home

Maryland (-7) Owls about to be run over by the Terrapins on a roll

Colorado (-4.5) Air Force hasn't played much compared to 2 big games for Buffaloes

Florida State (+7.5) Seminoles in this spot has some value - pre ranked better before season started - good game

UCF (-7.5) Cardinals lost QB last week and now must go to Florida

South Alabama (+19) Only lost by 14 @ Nebraska - like this dog in this spot

Western Kentucky (+10) playing at a neutral site - Hilltoppers only lost by 3 last year

Cal (-13.5) Mean Green lose to SMU by 22 and now @Cal after Bears stunning upset of Washington

Charlotte (-19.5) Betting against UMass all year

Kentucky (+8.5) Wildcats won this match up on the road last year. Stoops and team will be fired up for this one against Gators.

SMU (-17.5) Beat N. Texas by 22 - may rip Texas St by 32

Hawaii (+21.5) Rainbows have played good vs 2 Pac 12 teams already - make it 3

Arizona St (+15) Upset special - Herm Edwards and Sun Devils will be fired up!

Purdue (-2) Warmed up with 2 games under their belts compared to TCU and 1 non conference

Good luck all!

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are on opposite sides for unc/wake, that's the only one where one of us will be a loser. A few others we differ on, but I have those in teasers, or have bough points in like the Florida/kentucky line, so we could both win those. On some of the same like maryland, and Colorado. Not sure how I feel about the Louisville play, I kinda feel like Louisville will carry the momentum from last week into this game and cover easily. I like the line you got on indiana, but I don't think they will keep it within that. I'll be looking deeper into the lines tonight after the Panthers game. Good luck with your picks brother.

Here is what I bet today - 1 unit each - LFG! :)

Wake Forest (-3) Going to stay with this favorite - Tar Heels no wins on road last year

Cincy (-17.5) Bearcats have red ass after last week - good home team

Indiana (+16.5) Still like Hoosiers defense + being @ home

Maryland (-7) Owls about to be run over by the Terrapins on a roll

Colorado (-4.5) Air Force hasn't played much compared to 2 big games for Buffaloes

Florida State (+7.5) Seminoles in this spot has some value - pre ranked better before season started - good game

UCF (-7.5) Cardinals lost QB last week and now must go to Florida

South Alabama (+19) Only lost by 14 @ Nebraska - like this dog in this spot

Western Kentucky (+10) playing at a neutral site - Hilltoppers only lost by 3 last year

Cal (-13.5) Mean Green lose to SMU by 22 and now @Cal after Bears stunning upset of Washington

Charlotte (-19.5) Betting against UMass all year

Kentucky (+8.5) Wildcats won this match up on the road last year. Stoops and team will be fired up for this one against Gators.

SMU (-17.5) Beat N. Texas by 22 - may rip Texas St by 32

Hawaii (+21.5) Rainbows have played good vs 2 Pac 12 teams already - make it 3

Arizona St (+15) Upset special - Herm Edwards and Sun Devils will be fired up!

Purdue (-2) Warmed up with 2 games under their belts compared to TCU and 1 non conference

Good luck all!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unc needs to put the back up in. The starting qb is hurt, and looks like he doesn't even want to be out there. Going to get ugly if they leave it like this.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take that, they covered the teasers at least. They got ripped off at the end though, that huge facemask with the ref looking right at it like 5 yards away. Cost like 15 seconds, and the lack of 15 yards. Then he got out with 1 second and the refs literally ran to the tunnels, and didn't review it, which is something that's reviewable. Ultimately it's on that bizarre qb break down in the first half though, he didn't want to be there, he was moping around. Just looking at the ground, people trying to cheer him up and he just went full emo. Brought the whole team down , just really weird. If they played twice a year like in the nfl, I'd take unc again, they are a better team, just had too big of a hole to dig out of after that first half. Was fun to watch the second half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to add usc -4 for tomorrow. I feel like the line will move up. I've watched their 2 games the last few weeks, and I'm really impressed with that freshman qb. Admittedly, I didn't watch any of their game last week, but I did watch them against Utah week 1, and I could see the score being similar here, but I expect both teams to score 3 to 10 more points each than that game.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding..
Sht penn state -7, Oklahoma -13.5, sdsu -6.5
Ucf -9
Maryland, ucf, florida, duke, osu, penn, browns, dallas, pats money line parlay +739
Duke, usc, Iowa spread parlay +596
Army -17
Oklahoma -23.5
Duke -6.5

Looking for some lines to move to key numbers hopefully, like alabama, Maryland first half, and a few others. Leaning tcu.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adding..
Sht penn state -7, Oklahoma -13.5, sdsu -6.5
Ucf -9
Maryland, ucf, florida, duke, osu, penn, browns, dallas, pats money line parlay +739
Duke, usc, Iowa spread parlay +596
Army -17
Oklahoma -23.5
Duke -6.5

Looking for some lines to move to key numbers hopefully, like alabama, Maryland first half, and a few others. Leaning tcu.

Good luck to you! Let's Goooo! :D

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to add Maryland -2.5 second half. Not sure what's up with their qb, he is 9 for 25... but if not for the interception, they would be winning 2 to 0... they can't play worse than the first half, so I'll lay the points.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Maryland scores a td this possession, then I'm buying out of the full game.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well they went 4 and out, but that allows me to buy out on the reverse, I'm going to because I have them in too many lines. And if the buy out loses, then the 2nd half and the teasers would be good for potential profit if the other legs come through. Otherwise I'll lose 1.4 units, which is better than a line of losses.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, pitt went for the field goal instead, and missed! I expected them to go for it since they are down 7 or I wouldn't have bet that last play. Unless Penn really mess up here, I just got stupid lucky because pitt hit the goal post.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that 13 yard punt by alabama, haha. If sc score here it could make for a interesting live line. I'm watching it closely

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the above scenario didn't happen, but the over was still about what it opened at so I took it at 58.5

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football

I love football but I have never bet on it.

I think i'll learn how!

Leslie

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start slow, and don't chase when you're on a bad run. If you want to be serious about it, make sure you have access to books with good live betting so you can soften the losses. That's one of the most important things.
I love football but I have never bet on it.

I think i'll learn how!

Leslie

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Akron/central Michigan over 23 second half

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Army -7 second half. They kinda shut down after the first quarter, but they are shutting tsa down.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice call on Arizona state ribby:cool:. Michigan state played horrible from a coaching standpoint. They doubled Arizona states yards for the game, but really iffy play calling on key downs by Michigan state. Arizona state got that late td, and Michigan state missed the fg for overtime. I won't say luckily, but I wasn't affected by this game because Maryland already lost the play I had them in. A lot of underwhelming play today by some top teams.