College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding osu 2nd half -6. They just look too good today.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iowa and Purdue looking good so far. Just so you know also, usc lost their QB early in that last game, and the back up played well, in case that affects your decision.
Friday (0-1) -100 Overall (6-6) Even(+0.0)

Results Friday -Boise St. comes up short and doesn't cover in a pretty tough game

Saturday -

Purdue (-7.5) Boilermakers will get bad taste of Nevada loss out of their mouth
North Carolina (+5.5) Tar Heels/Hurricanes decided by 6 points or less last 5 games
Tulane (+17) Green Wave much improved. Double digit underdog after winning by double digits. Maybe a closer game then the numbers predict.
Texas A&M (+16.5) Aggies and Jimbo Fisher come to town. Aggies defense pretty tough. Clemson must play better than last week to win this game.
Kansas (-7) Les Miles and Jayhawks should trounce Coastal Carolina after a wild week on the coast
Texas (+6.5) I have to take Longhorns as a dog in Austin. Great game!
Iowa (-18) Rutgers is not good and this is a laughable spread
Tulsa (-6) I don't think San Jose can win 2 in a row. Can they?
Arkansas(+6) Both teams work out kinks and make it close
Stanford (+3) Trojans lose star QB - let's see what happens
Hawaii (-6.5) Rainbows are rough and tough. Beavers in trouble here.

Good luck all! Let's Gooooo!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pitt covered the -4, 20 to 10.
Utah has me worried. Only up 4 at the half, but they were down 7 to 0 after the first quarter, scored 21 points in the second, hope that continues to happen. I'm waiting for the halftime line, if it's right, I may buy out of it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iowa covered, osu 2nd half covered, but I couldn't buy out of utah... they are only up 11, can't believe they passed on that 4th and 1. A fg there would have at least got me above the teasers lines.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding Alabama -44.5, lsu +3, auburn -6.5 teaser

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, you've had a heart attack card so far. You won the Texas a&m on the last play of the game. You lost Texas by just half a point, and had that crazy onside kick at the end where he super man jumped and had it but it slipped. Lost by just a point on the auburn game, you had a lot of close ones. That Kansas game though huh... I never pictured les losing to costal carolina, regardless where he was coaching.

Stanford looking real good for you right now. I'm considering Hawaii but something is telling me to stay away, even though I like the play.

Tulsa is about to put some cash in both our pockets.:)
Friday (0-1) -100 Overall (6-6) Even(+0.0)

Results Friday -Boise St. comes up short and doesn't cover in a pretty tough game

Saturday -

Purdue (-7.5) Boilermakers will get bad taste of Nevada loss out of their mouth
North Carolina (+5.5) Tar Heels/Hurricanes decided by 6 points or less last 5 games
Tulane (+17) Green Wave much improved. Double digit underdog after winning by double digits. Maybe a closer game then the numbers predict.
Texas A&M (+16.5) Aggies and Jimbo Fisher come to town. Aggies defense pretty tough. Clemson must play better than last week to win this game.
Kansas (-7) Les Miles and Jayhawks should trounce Coastal Carolina after a wild week on the coast
Texas (+6.5) I have to take Longhorns as a dog in Austin. Great game!
Iowa (-18) Rutgers is not good and this is a laughable spread
Tulsa (-6) I don't think San Jose can win 2 in a row. Can they?
Arkansas(+6) Both teams work out kinks and make it close
Stanford (+3) Trojans lose star QB - let's see what happens
Hawaii (-6.5) Rainbows are rough and tough. Beavers in trouble here.

Good luck all! Let's Gooooo!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope I didn't curse you on the Stanford game. Usc went off on a 17 to 3 run before the half.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding Stanford usc over 23.5 second half. This line makes no sense to me, they scored 44 in the first half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adding Washington -4, and over 20.5 second half, plus both. Washington looks better, and are up 7, even with a few terrible turnovers, they should be more open second half after a low scoring 1st half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bought out of the first, I'll take the .2 units it cost me off the days total after this last game is done

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished 12-7 +6.38 units minus .2 units for lost juice in a buy out. Total posted results with last week is 15-12 +4.5 units(rounded down) still have the teasers and parlay that included NFL games tomorrow live.

Win - Iowa -19.5
Win - Tulsa -6
Win - Pitt -4
Loss -Washington -13
Win - Alabama -35 first half
Loss - Nebraska -4 what a choke job, gave up 24 in the 4th
Win - Osu second half
Win - California Washington over 20.5 second half
Loss - utah -21
Loss - California Washington first half over 20.5 this one was my fault. I loved the line when I made it, but weather delayed it a few minutes after start, and it was a long 2 hour plus delay. I should have bought out immediately when it started back, knowing they would be sluggish, and less tempo in the weather.
Win - Tulsa -2 second half
Loss - Stanford usc second half total. This is the one that annoys me most. Stanford milks 8 minutes off the clock and get 0, usc scores. Now Stanford is down 2 scores... and they milk the clock every play, for 0. Usc goes 3 and out, Stanford throws a pick, usc scores. Stanford down 18 with 10 minutes to go... since they milked the whole 3rd quarter... so what do they do? They milk the clock every play!! Of course, they once again get nothing. Usc scores again... so now Stanford only milks it down to like 8 seconds every play instead of 1 second.... I'm sorry rubio lost his play on this game, but I'm glad Stanford lost. Idiots...

Teasers.
Win - Wisconsin -23.5, Ohio state -7, Utah -12
Win - Michigan state -6, ucf -0.5, Utah -12
Loss - Iowa -9.5, fsu -12.5, Alabama -45.
Win - Wake forest -9.5, Boise state, Alabama -45.5
Win - Alabama -44.5, lsu +3, auburn -6.5
Loss - the +1000 teaser, due to fsu, they had another 2nd half meltdown, won by 1 in overtime, they were up 21-0...

Parlays.
Win - Alabama first half -35, fsu first half -13 @+238

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iowa and Purdue looking good so far. Just so you know also, usc lost their QB early in that last game, and the back up played well, in case that affects your decision.

He played well too! USC has a new star!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finished 12-7 +6.38 units minus .2 units for lost juice in a buy out. Total posted results with last week is 15-12 +4.5 units(rounded down) still have the teasers and parlay that included NFL games tomorrow live.

Win - Iowa -19.5
Win - Tulsa -6
Win - Pitt -4
Loss -Washington -13
Win - Alabama -35 first half
Loss - Nebraska -4 what a choke job, gave up 24 in the 4th
Win - Osu second half
Win - California Washington over 20.5 second half
Loss - utah -21
Loss - California Washington first half over 20.5 this one was my fault. I loved the line when I made it, but weather delayed it a few minutes after start, and it was a long 2 hour plus delay. I should have bought out immediately when it started back, knowing they would be sluggish, and less tempo in the weather.
Win - Tulsa -2 second half
Loss - Stanford usc second half total. This is the one that annoys me most. Stanford milks 8 minutes off the clock and get 0, usc scores. Now Stanford is down 2 scores... and they milk the clock every play, for 0. Usc goes 3 and out, Stanford throws a pick, usc scores. Stanford down 18 with 10 minutes to go... since they milked the whole 3rd quarter... so what do they do? They milk the clock every play!! Of course, they once again get nothing. Usc scores again... so now Stanford only milks it down to like 8 seconds every play instead of 1 second.... I'm sorry rubio lost his play on this game, but I'm glad Stanford lost. Idiots...

Teasers.
Win - Wisconsin -23.5, Ohio state -7, Utah -12
Win - Michigan state -6, ucf -0.5, Utah -12
Loss - Iowa -9.5, fsu -12.5, Alabama -45.
Win - Wake forest -9.5, Boise state, Alabama -45.5
Win - Alabama -44.5, lsu +3, auburn -6.5
Loss - the +1000 teaser, due to fsu, they had another 2nd half meltdown, won by 1 in overtime, they were up 21-0...

Parlays.
Win - Alabama first half -35, fsu first half -13 @+238

Nice job on the work you did this week to be a winner. Thanks for info to get me 2 wins this week. Stanford needs to tryout a new kicker. Missing 2 huge kicks just let the air out of the Cardinals. I really figured it the other way around with Aggies and Longhorns during the games who would cover. Only in college football. Tulane played tough but Auburn has a good defense brewing over there. Hawaii got behind early and the spread was too much to overcome. (5-6) on the day. I was Up 1 going into last 2 games and lost both. :ahhhhh:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, we both started off hot and cooled down a bit. That Hawaii game was strange, 49 first half points, the 10 to 0 in a shut out in the 2nd half. Trust me I wish Stanford had a better kicker too, I would have won that line then, but their milking of the clock was ridiculous. You would have thought they were the ones winning.Texas lsu is easily game of the year so far, and really it wasn't as close ands it seems, lsu gave up the garbage at the end, but they were letting them kill clock, but that game was fun to watch. Clemson game was fun to watch for the first 2 quarters, but then it became sickening how many time a&m dropped the ball, or was over thrown. It easily could have been 13 or 17 to 0 before Clemson ever even scored, but sins team it was only 3 to 0, then Clemson crushed them. Just a terrible day on offense for a&m, due ton self mistakes, not due to clemson. They did cover for you on the last play of the game though.
Nice job on the work you did this week to be a winner. Thanks for info to get me 2 wins this week. Stanford needs to tryout a new kicker. Missing 2 huge kicks just let the air out of the Cardinals. I really figured it the other way around with Aggies and Longhorns during the games who would cover. Only in college football. Tulane played tough but Auburn has a good defense brewing over there. Hawaii got behind early and the spread was too much to overcome. (5-6) on the day. I was Up 1 going into last 2 games and lost both. :ahhhhh:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super early teaser of Georgia -23.5, cal -4, Clemson -16. I think all these games will move up, so I want it now at key numbers. 2 units.

Also Ohio state -7, Maryland 0, and Florida -1, 7 point teaser +120. Same reasoning as the above. Also 2 units

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
North Carolina +3.5 I'm on it. Not sure why this line is what it is. They beat south carolina, and Miami in their first 2 games. They were dogs in both of them. Wake forest beat Utah state by 3.... and rice by 20.... if they are fooling me on the line, then oh well. 2 units

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iowa -1 great line, 2 units. Iowa state has played a nobody and took 3 over times to win that. Iowa played 2 games and looked good in both.

Ok.... here is my giggles play. Every line has had the max points bought on it, payout is +10900.61... haha. I hit these sometimes, but not 9 teams, I usually do a play like this weekly for 4 to 6 teams. I won the one last week, but it was only a 4 team. Anyway... it's...
North Carolina +5
Washington state -6.5
Maryland -6.5
Penn state -15.5
Colorado -2
Usc -4
Iowa +1
Texas -29
Dallas Cowboys -2.5

Obviously I don't plan on it winning, but I do think it would win more times than the odds dictate.

Last edited:
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iowa -1 great line, 2 units. Iowa state has played a nobody and took 3 over times to win that. Iowa played 2 games and looked good in both.

Ok.... here is my giggles play. Every line has had the max points bought on it, payout is +10900.61... haha. I hit these sometimes, but not 9 teams, I usually do a play like this weekly for 4 to 6 teams. I won the one last week, but it was only a 4 team. Anyway... it's...
North Carolina +5
Washington state -6.5
Maryland -6.5
Penn state -15.5
Colorado -2
Usc -4
Iowa +1
Texas -29
Dallas Cowboys -2.5

Obviously I don't plan on it winning, but I do think it would win more times than the odds dictate.

Good luck with this one! Never hurts to have one long shot parlay with some value.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to pull the trigger on Maryland -7, I am buying a whole point here to get it to 7. 2.68 units to win 2 units.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Go TarHeels although we not that good at football as we are bball.
It is probably going to be Tigers v Tide again this year in Championship final.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say they are a elite team, but so far they are definitely a top 25 team in my opinion. 2 very solid wins vs top 25 teams as underdogs. Clemson will for sure make it. Their schedule is a cakewalk. Alabama though has to play at minimal, a solid texad a&m team that actually should have beat clemson, but they dropped like 20 balls, just endless mistakes that they should learn from. They have to play lsu, auburn, and most likely georgia.
Go TarHeels although we not that good at football as we are bball.
It is probably going to be Tigers v Tide again this year in Championship final.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (5-6) -100 Overall (11-12) -$100(-1.0)

1st impressions -

Be careful with Tar Heels on the road. I will stay away after winning 2 weeks in a row.

Houston +8.5 @ home vs Washington St. on Friday Night - going to watch this line

UCF (-7.5) long trip for Stanford

Indiana (+16) @ home vs Ohio St. - check into Hoosier stats

Mississippi St (-8) vs Kansas St. - Both 2-0 - good little battle

West Virginia (+6.5) @ home vs NC St - check into Mountaineers

Illinois (-8.5) @ home vs Eastern Michigan - Eagles that good?

Colorado (-4) Momentum from Nebraska should carry over to beat Air Force?

Arizona St (+13) @ Michigan St - Herm Edwards will have this squad ready for this

Like the Iowa (-2.5) after playing well 1st 2 games

Western Kentucky (+10) @ home vs Louisville - watch this line

Kentucky (+8) @ home vs Florida - both 2-0 - good line to watch

Middle Tenn St (+6.5) @ home vs Duke - this could be interesting

wow -lol - Syracuse (+27.5) - Clemson still may cover :)

Hawaii (+21.5) @ Washington - could be a decent battle - both 2-0

Florida St (+7) I can see the Noles covering this @ Virginia

Purdue (+2) @ Home vs TCU - interesting match up

Can Chip Kelly and UCLA (+22.5) @ home stop Oklahoma?

New mexico State (+15.5) @ home vs San Diego St - after getting stomped by 2 good teams maybe Home is good?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just my thoughts on your leans ribby
Tar Heels on the road. - this is the classic let down game huh.... except unc are underdogs once again. Mack brown, who is a great coach, who players seem to love, has all the motivational tools right there. He should have them feeling disrespected with something to prove. If the line was flipped, then yes, I'd see this as a possible let down game and I'd steer clear of it, but it's the oppoiste.

Houston +8.5 @ home vs Washington St.- this line keeps climbing. The higher it goes, obviously the better for houston, but Houston just flat out isn't good. They beat Prarie view by a whopping 20 points... they lost to Oklahoma by 18, and keep in mind 14 of Houston points in that game were in the 4th quarter where Oklahoma, who doesn't have very good defence to begin with, had already gotten to the point of subbing out starters just wanting to milk clock. Washington state is going to put up points, and Houston can't stop that, and I don't think they can go eye for an eye either. Houston quarterback, who was supposed to have a big year was only 15 for 26 for 139 yards, 1 td, and 1 interceptions at home again Prarie view....

UCF (-7.5) long trip for Stanford. - I'd lean UCF also.

Indiana (+16) @ home vs Ohio St. - Indiana only beat ball state by 10... they whooped eastern Illinois but eastern Illinois week 1 lost to Chattanooga by 2 scores... I'm not impressed by Indiana in the least, anything under 17 looks like a solid line to me.

Mississippi St (-8) vs Kansas St. - too iffy for me. Kansas state hasn't played anyone for a real scale of how good they are. Opening line was probably a accurate representation of the game. 2 cup cakes at home, then a sec team away probably isn't a great recipe. Staying away from it.

West Virginia (+6.5) @ home vs NC St - West Virginia is terrible this year. They have given up over 400 yards rushing in just 2 games, and NC state has rushed for 500 in just 2 games.... NC state has also passed for 270+ yards a game too, so it's not like they are one dimensional to get those stats.

Illinois (-8.5) @ home vs Eastern Michigan - I don't know enough on these teams to give any decent information. All I can say is Illinois was a 20+ point favorite last week, but only won by 1 score. Eastern Michigan didn't cover last week either... but were on the road vs a sec team.

Colorado (-4) I think Colorado defence is good enough to stop a 1 dimensional offence. On the other side I see them good enough on offence to slap them around. All depends on the rush defence by colorado. I like it.

Arizona St (+13) @ Michigan St - beat Kent state by 23 at home. Beat Sacramento state at home by 12... averaging under 25 points a game to those teams.... now they are going to play a great defence away. Michigan state has not had to travel once so far this season.... I wouldn't touch Arizona state with someone else's 10 foot pole.

Like the Iowa (-2.5) love this one. Already spoke about it.

Western Kentucky (+10) @ home vs Louisville - at that line, I'd take louisville. They played notre dame closer than expected, and got a 42 to 0 shutout last week. Western Kentucky lost to central Arkansas at home, and beat Florida international by 2 field goals...

Kentucky (+8) @ home vs Florida - if Florida doesn't blow them out in the first half and it's close second half, I still think they would pull away for a double digit win late.

Middle Tenn St (+6.5) @ home vs Duke - mid tenn got slapped by what has proven to be a, once again, grossly overrated Michigan. They beat a bigger nobody than themselves last week by 19. Duke had the mother of all first game learning experiences week 1 playing alabama. They covered their next game which was -27. I think duke will cap out of mid tenn.

Syracuse (+27.5) - for one, this line is inflated due to the massive beat down Maryland gave them. If they would have won last week, I bet this line would have been comfortably under 20. That said, I won't be playing this game at these odds, I did already take it in a teaser though.

Hawaii (+21.5) @ Washington - hard one here. Massive let down at home in a weird almost 3 hour weather delay for washington. Do they rebound against a notoriously scrappy Hawaii team? I'd probably lean Hawaii also being given over 3 tds.

Florida St (+7) all the talent in the world, and can't get it to work for a full game. Been years of this for them now. Virginia is solid, but Florida state has the better player talent. I want nothing to do with this game.

Purdue (+2) not enough info on tcu, they only played 1 game, where nothing really stood out as great. Purdue is a solid team. Just not enough to go on here for me.

Can Chip Kelly and UCLA (+22.5) @ home stop Oklahoma? No... no they cant. This should get ugly but there is the possibility of a back door cover, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think this line is off by a solid amount in favor of oklahoma.

New Mexico State (+15.5) 8th San Diego state hadn't won 6 to 0 vs weber in week 1, this line would be in the mid to high 20s. San Diego state looked better last week beating UCLA at ucla, the coaches should use this week to buffer the confidence boost they got last week. If they approach the game like that, this should be a slaughter.

1st impressions