College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opened right at 50, has been bet up to 52/52.5 at most places. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes up even more.
Ohio St @ Home vs Rutgers - wonder what the spread will end up being?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to double dip on Alabama -17. Line has dropped due to tua's status. I'm going to tease this in something too since you could get it to -7 in a 3 team.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-0 tonight. The game is still being played, but they have a 41 point lead with 3 minutes to go. I think they can manage cover the 17.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buffalo -6

Kent state is kind of having a down year, and while they have a slight passing advantage here, that's just about all I can see them having ano advantage with here. Buffalo give up almost 200 yards less advantage game, and they are top 10 in multiple rush defence stats in the country. This should force Kent into passing more, and if buffalo can hold them in passing, this game could get ugly. Buffalo also give up very few sacks, top 10 in the country in that also, but they get advantages lot of sacks on the other side. Given that Kent should have to pass more, those sacks could come into play big time. Possible fumbles with that. If Kent can indeed pass on them effectively and consistently, they could win straight up. That's just a could though. If buffalo can contain that, they WILL win, no could about it. I think this line was 4 the other day, wishin would have bet then, but 6 isn't bad.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Louisiana Tech @ Marshall - I'd take the points here, on paper tech is better at just about everything except sacks and giving up sacks. That's a big stat, but with all the other advantages, hard to pass the points up. Maybe people pound marshal and that line goes up.

San Diego St (E) @ Home vs Fresno St - tough one here. No clear advantage on paper, they have played quite a few common opponents though, and sdsu did slightly better record wise, but the stats were better for fresno. I'd go with fresno if the line gets pushed up to 3, it's +1 now.

Iowa St (-7) @ Home vs Texas. Maybe a little too many points? I could see this being a fg game. Iowa has better stats almost everywhere but they are minimal difference. I wouldn't call it a coin flip game , but if they played 100 times, I don't think Iowa state would win over 60 times. That line should be a little lower.

Stanford (+10.5) @ Washington St. - that hook is ugly. I think 10 would entice me. Stanford has looked a little better, and Washington st have gone downhill, but they simply have too much offence on what has turned out to be a underwhelming Stanford secondary.

Alabama (-20.5) @ Mississippi St. This line dropped way down because Tua most likely will sit. I still like it though. Bama needs to win these last 3 games with ease. I wouldn't want to be Mississippi state here having to play a motivated Alabama that is getting their run game going.

Indiana (+14.5) @ Penn St - Penn is in the same boat as Alabama, they need to win. What better place to do that than at home. I think they have to win this game by 20 plus. Indiana are good, a steady team. The hook here is nice for them but at 14 or under, which it most likely would be, I like Penn state. They simply have to have it.

Northwestern (-40.5) vs UMass - amazing how well this has worked. Just imagine had you done it with Akron as well. Would have like a 15 to 2 record or something. Crazy.

Tulane @ Temple - on paper this is about as close as it gets. Same records, similar stats. One thing does stand out though... they both played one team the same as the other, memphis. Tulane lost by 30, temple won by 2. Quite a difference. I'm not sure why Tulane is the favorite here. I'd grab the points on temple.

Notre Dame (-9) @ Home vs Duke - you mean navy. You must have duke on your mind. Hmmm.... I don't know man, ND did look good last week... but navy have looked good pretty much all year. That's a lot of points to lay considering they both played similar schedules. This line has dropped to 7 now, even at 7... would be hard for me to bet Notre dame. Navy has proved it to me more than ND has. Let's see if ND can be consistent 2 weeks in a row.

Ohio St @ Home vs Rutgers - even at 52 this would probably cash. Rutgers are terrible. Osu likely puts up close to 70 here.

Wake Forest (+34.5) @ Clemson - I would love for an upset here. That's a lot of points for a team that's one of the better teams Clemson has played. A lot like unc.

Georgia @ Auburn - I want auburn to win here, to drop Georgia out of the top 4. That said, I don't think they have the offence. That we is too sporadic. Maybe he will be on for this game, I hope so.

Kansas St (-14) @ Home vs West Virginia - they are a consistent team, and played well last week even in a loss. Wvu are... not so consistent but have been better as of late. I like this bet.

Iowa (-3) @ Home vs Minnesota - tough call... I'm prone to believe Minnesota are legit, but... even in winning, they aren't better than Penn state. That game was a lot like the Bama game vs lsu. A lot of strange uncharacteristic things in the first half, then they came back a little too late. That said, I think Penn would beat iowa. This is a tough call, but I like feel good stories, and Minnesota has that going for them.

Ole Miss (+21) @ Home vs LSU - I don't think so... I think lsu are going to run the table all the way to the playoff finals. I don't think there will be any close calls here.

Colorado St (+10.5) @ Home vs Air Force - this feels like a blowout to me. They played a common opponent and airforce handled them easily and Colorado state straight up loss. Air Force has played a drastically harder schedule, yet have a much better record. Everything says they will run all over Colorado state to me.

Oklahoma (-10) @ Baylor - I don't believe in baylor. Oklahoma will put up points. That's not a question. Baylor multiple times this year have struggled to get 20 points on average at best teams. I like this one a lot.

First Impressions

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buffalo has dominated so fsr, no reason to not be on them second half for less than a fg.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, what a meltdown by buffalo. Up 27 to 6 with 8 minutes left, and gave up 2 touchdowns in 27 seconds! I bought out @ +10.5, ideally buffalo win by 10 or less and I'll win the full game and buy out of the full game and half. But I'm fine with just the buy out, it covered the juice because I am hoping buffalo win by 6+.

Edit... wow... Kent just blocked a punt, and scored again... 21 points in like a minute and a half. What a epic meltdown for buffalo.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a amazing come back, I made a few dollars on it from the buy out, but hard not to feel robbed there. 24 unanswered points in 7 minutes... 21 of them in less than 2 minutes, in a game where they were completely destroyed up to that point, they hadn't even scored a td before then. Td, then a immediate pick and td, then a blocked punt and immediate td. Then a fg at the end to win. Wow, Kent are going to party hard tonight. Comeback of the year.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was a amazing come back, I made a few dollars on it from the buy out, but hard not to feel robbed there. 24 unanswered points in 7 minutes... 21 of them in less than 2 minutes, in a game where they were completely destroyed up to that point, they hadn't even scored a td before then. Td, then a immediate pick and td, then a blocked punt and immediate td. Then a fg at the end to win. Wow, Kent are going to party hard tonight. Comeback of the year.

Unbelievable! When I saw the highlight on ESPN. My mouth hung wide open. Buffalo going to have a pity party as well after this one. :(

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wednesday (1-0) +$100/+1.0 Units Overall (70-86-6) -$1600/ -16.00 Units

Recap - Huskies hold on with late FG to win (1-0)

Friday-

La. Tech (+6.5) @ Marshall - Bulldogs 8-1 and almost a TD dog? Fishy indeed

San Diego St (-1) @ Home vs Fresno St - payback coming from the Aztecs after loss to Bulldogs last year in Fresno

1 Unit - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is that line still going good up? It's 7 now. It opens ed at 2.5... that's a lot of love for Marshall from the betters. I'm taking the points here tonight with Louisiana tech.

Thinking about the over in the fresno, sdsu game. Only 43. Not sure if I'll be playing a side here or not. Was hoping for some movement but it's exactly the same line as when I went to sleep last night.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0-1 tonight. Honestly I stopped watching this game after they went up by a td because I was juggling too many games in too many places, which was my mistake. Looking at the stats and play by play of the game, looks like they just quit playing after a missed fg. Went downhill from there, to the point they had only 18 yards in the 2nd quarter. They only got the ball 3 times in the second half, and 2 of them were turnovers after long drives. Seems they were shooting themselves in the foot. Surprising, they had everything in their favor here except not being home.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday (1-1) Even /+0.0 Units Overall (71-87-6) -$1600/ -16.00 Units

Recap - Marshall has defense (0-1) Aztecs stifle Bulldogs (1-0)

Saturday-

Alabama (-18) @ Mississippi St - Seems low here and going lower - hmm - Bama scores 50+

Michigan (-14) @ Home vs Michigan St. - 2 teams going in opposite directions - maybe blow out

Northwestern (-39.5) @ Home vs UMass - going to keep firing at Minutemen (1-9 ATS) keep my word

Ohio St (-52) @ Rutgers - Style points for hitting 77 again

Kansas St (-14) @ Home vs West Virginia - Wildcats in this afternoon slot

Iowa (-3) @ Home vs Minnesota - Will the Gophers make me believe?

Baylor (+10.5) @ Home vs Oklahoma - that 1/2 point could be huge - undefeated dog

Oregon St (+1.5) @ Home vs Arizona St. - Beavers playing tough - Sun Devils will freeze up

1 Unit - $100

Good luck and enjoy the games

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Northwestern -14 second half. Funny line, they are only up 15 at halftime against UMass

Florida -2.5 second half
Tough game so far.

Wisconsin -6 second half
Just a bad match up for nebraska, should continue to be.

Oklahoma state -7
Shutting Kansas out in what's been a beat down so far

Alabama -6 second half.
Weird line. Even if Tua sits the rest of the game, which he should, Jones played good in the game he started. Less than a td seems a bit low,.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to buy out of alabama. They understandably have shut it down. I don't think they ell even kick a fg here after the time out. Even if they do, it would push the second half and win the plus on miss. It's after push and win at worst, so it's strategic anyway.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ND being given half a point for the second half. These type of bets usually lose. A team up that big tends to coast in the second half. They see home and it's a ranked opponent so I figure they would want to play their game a little longer though considering some freak things could happen in the playoff picture. Bama is goin to drop out because they will take that into consideration. Penn state will lose to osu, Georgia will lose to lsu, Minnesota will lose to osu even if they win today. A blip here or there and they could somehow sneak in. It's a long shot, but they have to consider it in their play.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vtech -2.5 second half
Same type of bet as the ND one. Huge lead, small line. When the game doesn't matter, they tend to be more steady in second halves.

Going to bet the over second how too -20. Tech should help them out with a trash score, but vehicle might cover this alone. Fishy line really.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohio state -17.5 second half
Wish it was 17, but it's still low enough where it should cover. Would be hard to belive they can't outscore Rutgers by 3 tax in any half

Clemson -14
I like this since it's a flat 2 tds. If Clemson slow down, which they should, I still like at least a push out of this

Memphis -4 second half
Was hoping for 3, but they have turned it on after going in the hole early. Banking that they keep the momentum going.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of mad about that ND second half. You're losing 52 to 17, why would you kick a fg with a minute to go?? ND would have covered otherwise.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to buy out of osu. Usually I would let this ride, but I have them in a tease also that's on the verge of getting back doored. Osu has shut it way down, and I don't blame them, I would too. Besides, I could still win the tease to go along with the buy out

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oklahoma line is going down, but I think it's hit it's bottom. I'm going to buy the hook here to be at 9 flat. I don't think it will be needed, because I think this is going to be a beat down. I don't believe in baylor, simple reasoning.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to attempt to buy out of Oklahoma by taking the live line at -2.5. They have completely rolled Baylor after going down big to start the game, I can't see them losing with all that momentum and the ball. I'm going to actually do 2 units and treat it like a single bet, and a buy out separately.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12-6 this week had 2 buy outs, and 1 push

Win - Alabama -20
Win - Alabama -17
Win - Eastern Michigan -16.5
Win - Western Michigan -1
Win - Eastern Michigan su second half
Loss - Western Michigan +3 second half
Win - Miami-Ohio +3
Loss - Louisiana Tech +3
Win - Northwestern -14
Win - Florida -2.5 second half
Loss - Wisconsin -6 second half
Loss - Oklahoma state -7 second half
Loss - ND +0.5 second half
Win - Vtech -2.5 second half
Loss - Vtech/Gtech over 20 second half
Win - Memphis -4 second half
Win - Clemson -14 second half
Win - Oklahoma -2.5 live

I realized as I was doing my tally that I forgot to post my plays last night, so these are just the ones I did post earlier in the week, and the second halfs I posted today. Was unlucky on some second half lines, but the big thing is I won my 3rd large bet of the year with the -20 Alabama line I posted early in the week. I bet the -17 line for 3 units also, didn't want to go heavier than that since I was already large on the game. Was a big day profit wise. A sad day also for my team unfortunately, and a worse day for tua. Gotta feel bad for him. Perhaps may never play again. If that is the case, he will always be again legend to Bama fans, but he will be a "could have been" to everyone else, and that's sad. If it is indeed career ending, it could have cost him 100+ million dollars, not to mention life long pain, and constantly hearing "you could have been one of the best" the rest of his life. It's just a really sad situation. Davis was carted off the field just a few minutes apart also, a top 10 draft pick, hopefully his injury isn't so severe.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (5-3) +$200 /+2.0 Units Overall (76-90-6) -$1400/ -14.00 Units

Recap -

Saturday-

Alabama (-18) @ Mississippi St - Tide cruises 38-7 with huge first half (1-0)

Michigan (-14) @ Home vs Michigan St. - Blow out indeed! (1-0)

Northwestern (-39.5) @ Home vs UMass - missed spread by 1/2 point :eek: :D (0-1)

Ohio St (-52) @ Rutgers - Scarlet Knights put up 14 and enough to cover (0-1)

Kansas St (-14) @ Home vs West Virginia - Wildcats lose with abysmal 2nd half (0-1)

Iowa (-3) @ Home vs Minnesota - Will the Gophers make me believe? No - but they made a good go of it (1-0)

Baylor (+10.5) @ Home vs Oklahoma - just couldn't resist 1/2 point + 10 and Bears play tough (1-0)

Oregon St (+1.5) @ Home vs Arizona St. - Beavers win on the field in a wild game. (1-0)

First Impressions (6-9-1)
Dropped ((2-5-1)
Added (2-0) Flopped on Oklahoma to Baylor and gained Oregon St

Another wild Saturday of college football.

My Top 4 - Ohio State, Clemson, LSU and Alabama (close #5 Georgia)

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think emu have a solid chance at an away upset tonight. They have generally been more impressive all year across the board. Northern Illinois has lost their standard they have had in that division, they are just another team now, but still with some name recognition to where you can get solid lines against them.