College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight's game seems a little off. Miami Ohio has played a way way harder schedule, getting beat down by osu, iowa, and cincy. I think the line is too high, should be in the 3 range, but it's on the verge of 7.5. When it goes to 7.5 I'll be on this. I'd say it's a 55/45 kind of game, so a td is too much in my view of it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1-0 tonight. Wish I had gone with my first thought and played the money line, because they won the game straight up... by 3. I was pretty spot on on this one, hopefully that carries through the weekend.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took both dogs tonight. I can't get by +14 for the Chanticleers.

Coastal (+14)
South Florida (+1.5)

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't see cc being able to stop Louisiana Lafayettes rush here ribby. Look what heavy rush teams have done to coastal this year.

Usf have a shot. If temple, who I do think are the better team, play like they have for the last few games, usf could stick it to them. Temple is it a bad funk. Yeah they played good teams those last few games, so that's expected to not look so good, but they looked worse than they should in those games. They have had a harder schedule though and have and better record. You could say this is and good game to bounce back in for them, and that is what would worry me on this small line. The more I think on it, I kind of like them here in this spot.
I took both dogs tonight. I can't get by +14 for the Chanticleers.

Coastal (+14)
South Florida (+1.5)

1 Unit Each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That use line has moved to -1 for usf... hmm... really makes me want to put something on temple.

Edit... yeah, I can't skip this. Numbers are too in favor of temple here, and I don't think the last 2 games broke their spirit, because they were supposed to lose those games by big margins. It's not like they got upset back to back. Coming off a bye week to get resynced and playing a OK at best usf team should be a good combination for them. Having the line change up that much makes me have to get on temple +1. Easy to drop out of if they look crappie as they should be getting the ball first. I like the over here too but I won't be betting games it. A parlay of this, the chargers, and Lafayette with the points bought on Lafayette looks nice.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-0 tonight. The parlay pushed on the chargers leg, which I am 100 percent fine with getting good reduced pay, because it only pushed because that missed point after attempt at the end of the game. It still paid +171 with the points bought. Lafayette blew coastal out of the water. Temple won straight up by 10. People always ask me why I buy max points in parlays, and the short answer is I'm not greedy, if it wins and I didn't need the points, I still won plenty. That one would have paid almost 5 to 1. Then you have times, like just now, where the bought points bail you out of a loss. I think over time it pays for itself.

Last edited:
ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't see cc being able to stop Louisiana Lafayettes rush here ribby. Look what heavy rush teams have done to coastal this year.

Usf have a shot. If temple, who I do think are the better team, play like they have for the last few games, usf could stick it to them. Temple is it a bad funk. Yeah they played good teams those last few games, so that's expected to not look so good, but they looked worse than they should in those games. They have had a harder schedule though and have and better record. You could say this is and good game to bounce back in for them, and that is what would worry me on this small line. The more I think on it, I kind of like them here in this spot.

Louisiana not a bad team - Chanticleers no match - You are definitely right about that 48-7 :)
USF had their chances but Temple played stellar D all night

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ucf and Tulsa looks interesting. I thinknow the consensus here is that tulsa will be able to run on ucf, which will keep them within the cover range. I'm not sure I buy into that. People are making a big deal about ucf giving up 250 yards rushing to Houston but here is the flaw in that. Houston doesn't have their star qb, or their star wr due to them taking a redshirt. They do however still have the leftovers of both of their lines from before. So you have a team that's missing their 2 stars which they didn't account for, what do you do??? You can't pass against ucf, who allow less yards per attempt than almost everyone in the nation. You run the ball of course! Any team that doesn't have a decent qb who has decent options are going to run against them. They still held Houston to almost 50 percent passing, and like 170 yards in the air. I see that being similar to this game, except I expect ucf to score about 10 more points than they did in that game. Ucf should win by 20+ here, in a very similar game that navy at tulsa.

For those who are considering betting the other side of this, tulsa has had the number 1 ranked strength of schedule so far, so they won't be shell shocked here. They have lost 5 straight, but they played tough in those games and didn't lose by more than a handful of points, except to navy.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Washington and Oregon state... I don't buy into the "Washington have nothing to play for" angle. If that were the case, what exactly does Oregon state have to play for??? Then you have people saying Oregon state has the momentum from 2 straight wins, and washington has 2 straight losses. Well let's look at that....

Oregon beat cal... barely. Cal has been destroyed by injuries, including losing their star earlier this year. Then they beat a OK Arizona team. Let's look at Washington's 2 losses in a row... oregon, top 10 ranked team, and it was a 4 point game... utah, another top 10 team, and they loss by 5. Oregon state also played utah, and lost by 45.

Washington averaged 30 points in those 2 games. That's good, but doesn't sound impressive right? But it was against 2 of the best defenses in the country. They should be able to score here much easier and more often. I simply do not see oregon state keeping up unless Washington makes a lot of mistakes and turn it over. You can't really cap those things happening(you can if a team is prone to turnovers, or playing a team prone on getting takeaways) in this game so really all you have to question is if oregon can can keep pace, and I don't think they can. I think Washington puts up 45 to 52, and I see oregon state putting up 33 or under.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts on some games. I've bet the 3 I already mentioned, but I included them here with information. I'll probably take the ones I like the most and bet them, maybe even at half units, because I won't be around for any of the early or mid games, and if Alabama wins tomorrow, I won't be around for the night games either. So I dont want too much action when it's out of my control since I won't be looking at live lines.

Clemson -32 My thoughts on this is pretty simple. NC state have a freshman qb, making only his second start. Their top 2 running backs were injured last game, and are questionable to play. Their starting mlb was also injured last game and is questionable here. My thoughts on that is why bring them into this game not healthy, when you most likely know you're losing anyway? Rest them up. On the other side clemson is ranked 5 in the cfp rankings. They need to impress every game to get in that 4 spot and stay there. They know Alabama or Lsu will take a loss tomorrow. They know Penn state and Ohio state play later. All of these teams have and better body of work if they finish without another loss besides the ones these 2 games will bring. They need to play lights out and look unstoppable because their best claim to the ctp is style points. Simple as that. Otherwise, NC state have looked terrible anyway, getting blown out left and right.

Fsu +3 This play is solely based on me believing this line should be reversed. The reasons it's like this is because that whooping fsu got against Miami, who looked great in that game. These teams are similar, but fsu has had the 12th hardest schedule in the country and still has pretty much the same record as boston. That's my only reasoning. I'm not going to dig into it more than that. Sometimes simple is best.

Virginia -15. I won't play this at 15. If it drops to 14, I'm in. I don't think it will, but this could be a good game to put in a teaser. If the line falls, I will go more in depth for my reasoning.

Louisville +7 Probably the best upset game for any game that's 7 or higher. I think Louisville can hold them to fgs in the red zone more often than not. They are a offensive team, so should be able to get some points in themselves. They either win, or get blown out. I think they ein this game more often than not and at over +200 might be worth a stab at it.

Osu -42.5 I've bet on osu every game this year, and haven't lost a single bet on them, including second halves. This is a lot to cover though, and they will be missing get their best player, and probably the best defensive player in the country. If osu won 59 to 17 this bet would still win if you take the points. That seems reasonable right? Maryland totally imploded, but with this many points, you'd have to at least give them a look here.

Cincy -35 a lot of points here also, but they are playing the brother of UMass here. Uconn are terrible, flat out. They are one of those teams that a under performing offense, like Cincy has been, can put 60+ on if they push it. 52- 13 seems like a fair prediction here.

Wake forest -2 wake has way outperformed vtech on paper, but the few games they have in common, vtech performed better than wake. Wake has had a harder schedule though so their overall stats look even a little bit better than vtech, and they certainly looked good last week. Would have to give wake a better chance to win by 2, than vtech to win, or keep it under 2.

Penn state -6.5 I'll be short here. Penn state have proven themselves multiple times, Minnesota hasnt. I'll be a full believer if Minnesota get the upset, but until then, less than a td for Penn state looks like a absolute bargin.

Usc +1.5 yeah they haven't looked so great lately, but fact is is that they have a better record, while having played the 9th hardest schedule in the country (az states is 73rd in the country). The few game they have in common are lopsided to usc, a 15 point difference between the 2 on average of those games. Usc should be a fg favorite here, not a underdog.

Baylor -3 this line will fall under that I believe. At first I thought tcu will upset them, and they could, but I saw one Stat that jumped out to me. They have played 3 common opponents. Tcu was 0-3 against those teams losing by an average of 13... Baylor was 3-0 in those games, and won by a average of 13... 26 point game difference. That's hard to ignore.

Alabama -5.5 not going to cap this game. I will say this... I think the line should be -2.5 for lsu. If it was at lsu then i think the line should be -6 for them. I'm on Bama because that's my team, and I'll actually be there to see the game.

Kansas state +7 I think they should be a slight favorite in this game, so the fact they are getting a td is surprising and hard to ignore. I think they are equal to, or better than Texas in just about every aspect.

Purdue +3 I think I spoke about this game already. Another case of where the line looks like it should be reversed. Nw have looked terrible all year, and Purdue seems to be getting steady after all the injuries.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to take Washington second half. It's been a ugly game, only 10 points scored in the half, all by Washington. I'll take a shower all line on a favorite who is pitching a shutout almost everytime.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-1 tonight. Not sure what happened with ucf. They were cruising the first half, then came out for the second half and looked like they all got told their mothers died or something. Only 3 points that second half by them.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thursday (0-2) -$200/-2.0 Units Overall (66-78-6) -$1200/ -12.00 Units

Recap - Chanticleers get rolled (0-1) and Temples D shows up (0-1)

Saturday -

Penn St (-6.5) @ Minnesota - Gophers need to convince me they are worthy

SMU (-21.5) @ Home vs East Carolina - Mustangs will run up the score here

Army (-34) @ Home vs UMass - Sticking with going against Minutemen

Arkansas (-1) @ Home vs Western Kentucky - Sec Team vs C-USA Team

Alabama (-6) @ Home vs LSU - What a game! Edge by a TD - Tide

Texas (-7) @ Home Vs Kansas St - Well rested Longhorns will play well

Virginia Tech (+2.5) @ Home vs Wake Forest - Can the Hokies slow down Deamon Deacons?

Arizona St (+3) @ Home vs USC - Must win for Sun Devils! Coach Edwards to the rescue!

UAB (+7) @ Southern Miss - Pretty big game here! Surprised at +7

Wisconsin/Iowa Over 38.5 - Defensive game but still could eek out 23-20

South Carolina (-6) @ Home vs App St. - Sec again vs non conference

1 Unit Each - $100 Good luck today! :top:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8-2 this week. I ended up not playing anything I said above (sucks, because they went 8-5) except alabama, and that was just a fan bet. I mentioned how I thought the line should be for lsu, by almost exactly what they won by. The only games besides that I was on yesterday were the 2 I made early in the week.

Win- Miami Ohio +7.5
Win - Louisiana Lafayette -14
Win - Temple +1
Loss - Alabama -5
Win - Purdue +3
Win- Usc +1.5
Loss - Ucf -16
Win - Washington -9
Win - Washington second half -1

Parlay
Win - Temple +3, Louisiana Lafayette -12, Chargers +2 reduced payout because of chargers pushing.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Alabama lsu game...

I attended this game, which is why I had so little going on with betting. Was a strange vine the first half with the refs. Everyone who is a fan of a team thinks the refs are screwing them over, but they really were making some questionable calls that first half, and all against alabama. The second half was better, but on that 3rd down where lsu got a pass to the 1, where the guy was out of bounds of his own actions, then came back in. That was a clear foul for illegal touching because he wasn't pushed out, he went out on his own on the route ran. They reviewed it, and still says it was legal. Beyond questionable, impossible considering they reviewed it.

As for the actual playing. Alabama lost the game by shooting themselves in the foot. That weird fluke fumble Tua did on the first drive. The punter not catching the perfect snap. Having a guy come on the field late on that interception that got nullified. That was alabamas first 8 minutes or so of the game. I ate of 3/7 to 0, it was 0 to 7. Then that punt, gave them a few fg. 0-10. That interception could have gave Bama another 3 or 7, but was flagged due to the late guy coming on the field. Just those things alone were a 16-21 point swing. Lsu capitalized on that. Alabama gave up a trash td on tuas interception before the half.

Second half. Alabama played... like alabama. They beat them in the second half with ease. The one error they had, which happened OVER AND OVER was that alabama wasn't tackling 22 for lsu. They were trying to strip him, EVERY play. Why? I have no idea, but it allowed him to get extra yards and 3rd downs. This alone lead to 13 points for lsu in that half. I'm not sure why alabama did that. They did it after cutting it to a 1 score game twice on key downs alone. That long 3rd, that run that ended up being a td, when they had him stopped 5 yards away. They didn't even try to tackle, they just went for the strip. It was frustrating to watch because they didn't need to do that. They were destroying lsu that Second half, even with doing that, they outscored them 28 to 13 in the second half. It could have been 28-0 in that half if they had just tackled instead of going for the strip. Probably more than that considering alabama would have had 2 more possessions.

My conclu

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Alabama lsu game...

I attended this game, which is why I had so little going on with betting. Was a strange vine the first half with the refs. Everyone who is a fan of a team thinks the refs are screwing them over, but they really were making some questionable calls that first half, and all against alabama. The second half was better, but on that 3rd down where lsu got a pass to the 1, where the guy was out of bounds of his own actions, then came back in. That was a clear foul for illegal touching because he wasn't pushed out, he went out on his own on the route ran. They reviewed it, and still says it was legal. Beyond questionable, impossible considering they reviewed it.

As for the actual playing. Alabama lost the game by shooting themselves in the foot. That weird fluke fumble Tua did on the first drive. The punter not catching the perfect snap. Having a guy come on the field late on that interception that got nullified. That was alabamas first 8 minutes or so of the game. I ate of 3/7 to 0, it was 0 to 7. Then that punt, gave them a few fg. 0-10. That interception could have gave Bama another 3 or 7, but was flagged due to the late guy coming on the field. Just those things alone were a 16-21 point swing. Lsu capitalized on that. Alabama gave up a trash td on tuas interception before the half.

Second half. Alabama played... like alabama. They beat them in the second half with ease. The one error they had, which happened OVER AND OVER was that alabama wasn't tackling 22 for lsu. They were trying to strip him, EVERY play. Why? I have no idea, but it allowed him to get extra yards and 3rd downs. This alone lead to 14 point to for lsu in that half. I'm not sure why alabama did that. They did it after cutting it to a 1 score game twice on key downs alone. That long 3rd, that run that ended up being a td, when they had him stopped 5 yards away. They didn't even try to tackle, they just went for the strip. It was frustrating to watch because they didn't need to do that. They were destroying lsu that Second half. 28 to 13 that half, and as I said, they got those points by alabama letting 22 get extra yards by trying to strip him. They could have shut lsu out the second half without that.

My conclusion is lsu is the 3rd best team in the country, alabama is the 2nd best. I think they will beat lsu in the playoffs if they make it there and play them. I think both of these teams lose to osu, who to me is the best team and most consistent.

To me, I don't see how you can drop alabama out of the top 4, though I think they will be ranked 5 when rankings came out. For me, this should be the top 5... lsu, osu, clemson, alabama, georgia, in that order. I think they will flip 4 and 5 though.

Where will Minnesota be? I want to move them up in this talk, but... Penn state kind of beat themselves. That said, Minnesota did what they needed to do, and beat the number 4 team in the country, to remain unbeaten.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early plays. Going to go heavy on these 2 plays.

Alabama -20. This line would have been in the low 30s if they didn't lose last week. Bama needs to come out heavy and get style points. Do I think Saban keeps the starters in at the end? Absolutely not. I do however think they try to put up 50+ and I dont see miss state putting up 30, 20 2nd be generous. Not over thinking this line, it's simply off due to circumstance.

Tease osu -40, Alabama -10, lsu -11
Best 3 teams in the country in my opinion. Osu doesn't need style points or anything, but their culture is to run scores up, and r hey are playing rutgers... enough said. I already spoke on Alabama above. Lsu, I assume this is a "let down" line? They should be favored by 28+ on the low side. I don't think they are in let down mode. They know all they have to do is go out and do what they do for a few weeks, and then just be presentable in the sec championship and they will get in the playoffs. Instead of being in let down mode, I think they will be riding high. This game should be extremely ugly by the 3rd quarter.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both of the Michigan teams tonight. One is playing akron, enough said. The other is playing Ohio. That game should be close, but wmich has the offense and that's enough for me to lay down just 1 point.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take emu even for the second half. This line makes no sense to me, I think it should have been 7.5, so I jumped on it. They are dominating the game, and get it first second half.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's with these lines? Western Michigan are up 10-0, and have held Ohio to 50 yards.. yet the second half line is +3??? I'm on it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emu have already scored 14 points in the second half, including going for it on 4th and goal, while already up 4 touchdowns. That's ruthless.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-1 tonight

Emu covered full game and the half easily. Wmu choked big time second half, they still covered -1 for the game, but had to go to overtime to do it. They gave up 50 yards in the first half, but gave up over 400 just in the second half... yikes. Lost the second half.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything that has to do with College Football can be posted in this thread! Any questions or games you want to discuss? Put them in the thread! I will post week to week my progress betting on these games as well. Good luck all!
love for football forever, poker and soccer the perfect combination

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miami-Ohio -17

One of the 2 Wednesday games, I want to bet this one now in case it falls off a key number. Miami-Ohio haven loss at home yet, and have won those games by an average of 16 points. Bowling Green haven't won on the road yet, losing those games by an average of over 46 points. That's quite a difference, and while I don't think Miami Ohio will even score 46, I do think they will cover. They are playing really well right now, especially on defense. They aren't a super high powered offense, but bowling Green has given up over 600 yards a game in away games. Bowling Green also is one of the worst rush defences in the country, and Miami Ohio main back averages over 5 yards a carry.

The other game is Northern Illinois at Toledo. I'm not on this game yet, and maybe won't be. Only thoughts on it at the moment is the over looks decent. I'll look into it more when I wake up.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saturday (3-8) -$500/-5.0 Units Overall (69-86-6) -$1700/ -17.00 Units

First Impressions (6-8)
Dropped (3-3)
Added (1-3)

Recap and Notes - Nittany Lions and Crimson Tide lose (0-2) SEC Teams vs Non-Conference (0-2)

Wednesday -

Northern Illinois (+3) @ Toledo - Huskies on trend to cover this game - Rockets (0-4 ATS last 4 games)

1 Unit - $100

First Impressions -

Friday -

Louisiana Tech @ Marshall - pretty good tussle here - kind of like both sides - research this game

San Diego St (E) @ Home vs Fresno St - Another good battle - like Aztecs in this spot after losing to Nevada last Saturday- Bulldogs won at home last year

Saturday -

Iowa St (-7) @ Home vs Texas - Cyclones much better than TCU whom the Longhorns lost by 10 points to

Stanford (+10.5) @ Washington St. - Cougars lose to Cal by 13 and now favored by 10.5 over Cardinals - seems a little fishy

Alabama (-20.5) @ Mississippi St. - Crimson Tide shall rebound and score 50

Indiana (+14.5) @ Penn St - Hoosiers covered 5 of last 6 - won last 4 straight - coming off bye week - see a backdoor cover here

Northwestern (-40.5) vs UMass - sticking with it (ribby 8-1 vs umass)

Tulane @ Temple - game I am on the fence about - Owls played well last week but sometimes don't at home

Notre Dame (-9) @ Home vs Duke - Irish seemed to get it going vs Duke - won by 22 last year

Ohio St @ Home vs Rutgers - wonder what the spread will end up being?

Wake Forest (+34.5) @ Clemson - Inspired Deacons after losing to Hokies last week and Tigers last year 63-3

Georgia @ Auburn - torn here - trend says Bulldogs win but Tiger defense?

Kansas St (-14) @ Home vs West Virginia - payback can be ugly

Iowa (-3) @ Home vs Minnesota - luck runs out for Gophers

Duke (-9.5) @ Home vs Syracuse - Orangemen (0-4 ATS last 4)

Ole Miss (+21) @ Home vs LSU - Rebels have covered 6 out of last 7 - Tiger hangover?

Colorado St (+10.5) @ Home vs Air Force - Rams have covered last 5 out of 6 - lost by only 8 at Falcons last year

Oklahoma (-10) @ Baylor - Sooners dash undefeated dreams and cover as well - all trends lead to Sooners