College Football Thread 2019/2020

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fresno is leagues above unlv. They almost meat Minnesota, who are 6-0, they only lost by a single possession at usc. They have admittedly tailed off a bit since then, but all unlv has done is beat vandy, which also admittedly was surprising. To bet unlv here you would have to believe thathat their first 5 games were flukes, and the vandy game was them playing to their normal. Seems like a lot to ask.
Fresno stinks. I've got UN|LV.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the first game I've seen osu have penalty problems. It's not cost thrm, they seem up 21 to 3, and looks like the first half will cash, but that's not a good sign considering they have Wisconsin up next.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to get on osu second half. They won that first half spread almost twice over. They are covering the full game already at the half, and only 16 points off the full game over.

If that second half total drops that half point I'll be on that too (edit. I'm getting on the total anyway. Osu might cover that alone)

I'll be watching it closely as its the only game I'm on tonight. If they don't have the second half covered by 10 minutes left, I'll buy out because they will have 3rd strings in around that time.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full game, first half, Second half, second half over, team total, full spread/over parlay, full game/over tease.. all won. Hell yeah 7-0 on a single game, plus the 3 teasers still alive. A tad over +8 units just today. 10-0 for the week so far, with only 1 buy out. Pretty happy with the day. I may not even play anything tomorrow (most likely will though)

I'd like to thank northwestern for throwing a interception inside of their own 15 yard line, then giving up a 73 yard rushing touchdown shortly after to have those 14 4th quarter points, because I was losing the second half and second half over before that. So thanks northwestern, I owe you one, or two.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thursday (0-2) -$200 Overall (48-50-6) -$200

Saturday picks-

Ohio (-8) @ Home vs Kent St. - Trend toward Ohio

Mississippi St. (+18.5) @ Home vs LSU - i see a backdoor cover here

Washington (+3) @ Home vs Oregon - Big game here - Must win for Huskies

SMU (-9.5) @ Home vs Temple - Owls win one lose one win lose....

Cincy (-16.5) @ Home vs Tulsa - Bearcats rolling right now

Virginia Tech (+3.5) @ Home vs North Carolina - can't resist that 1/2 point on the dog

La. Tech (+2.5) @ Home vs S. Miss - yes to a 5-1 dog

Oklahoma St. (-4) @ Home vs Baylor - Bears luck runs out today

Utah (-14) @ Home vs Arizona St. - payback at it's best

Memphis (-3.5) @ Home vs Tulane - Green Wave picked wrong week to be in Memphis after a ugly loss to Temple

Georgia St. (+5) @ Home vs Army - another 4-2 dog

Arizona (+10) @ USC - Trend says Wildcats will cover - we will see lol

Hawaii (+3) @ Home vs Air Force - heck of a game here - last possession wins

Good luck!

1 Unit each - $100

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, I woke up late and missed almost all the second half lines on these early games. I got in on Clemson though. I wanted to get in on Florida and Wisconsin too but was a few minutes too late.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Florida is a pickem live after they scored. Slightly juiced.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wisconsin about to lose straight up :eek: my first loss of the week on college regardless if they do or dont. I'm a bit upset about this because it will ruin what the line would have been against osu next week.

Edit.. wow... Illinois got it done, last second fg to beat Wisconsin.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to add a tease of ucf -23.5, Alabama -23.5, Minnesota -19

Weird line on the Minnesota tease, but they are playing Rutgers. Winning by 20 shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I would have preferred it a little lower. Probably my last play of the day besides some Alabama live bets and halfs.

Only game I have money on besidea these is buffalo. Will be a slow relaxing afternoon for a change.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to bet Alabama team total right now at 47.5. Usually I wait for team totals until closer to kickoff but I feel this line will move. 6 touchdowns and 2 fgs would cover this, and that seems reasonable. Also I think it lines up enough for a buy out from betting the over under live. We will see. To be honest I like the Tennessee over also, it's only 13. Alabama gives up a few big plays a game. Considering the first half at 27 too.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough loss on that one ribby. I caught the end of that game, 1 point or under losses are the worst. You were 30 seconds away from a win. Hopefully that bad luck is all you have today.
Ohio (-8) @ Home vs Kent St. - Trend toward Ohio

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WSU is just the closest team to me, and they are fun to watch with their wild air raid offense, and their softer than butter defense. They should win this week, but its hard to count on a team that does not believe in playing defense.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely fun to watch. After giving up 50 to ucla in just the second half... they haven't gotten anything going. I think they have lost every game since. Should be a ton of points tonight.
WSU is just the closest team to me, and they are fun to watch with their wild air raid offense, and their softer than butter defense. They should win this week, but its hard to count on a team that does not believe in playing defense.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wisconsin loss was a stunner. Lovie Smith turning Illinois around?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buffalo second half. They have held Akron to 66 yards... buffalo has underperformed in the game for sure, and is losing the turnovers, but are up 7 to 0 regardless. Expect a slightly more exciting second half.

I'll take Minnesota minus a td and fg second half. They aren't playing so well but still shutting out rutgers

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not taking anything away from Illinois, but was pretty apparent Wisconsin was playing a conservative game to be ready for osu. The problem is is that they completely shut down when they were up 2 scores. For whatever reason, they stayed shut down as Illinois came back. Really back coaching in that 4th quarter. That's why you hammer a team unless you're up 30 plus in a 4th quarter. As the saying goes Illinois wanted it more, good for them.
Wisconsin loss was a stunner. Lovie Smith turning Illinois around?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This buffalo Akron game is one of the worst games I've ever seen. Buffalo can't move the ball at all... against akron!! ..but buffalo has sacked them twice in the second half for fumbles in the endzone... 21-0, not going to complain since I'm covering everything, but geez, it's like having teeth pulled watching this game.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to bet utah second half. I don't have a choice in it.not hey have 250 yards, and have held Arizona state to 42 yards... 42!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 4th quarter line in the Utah game overlaps the second half line, so I'm going to buy out for multiple reasons. One being that Utah is playing extremely strange out of nowhere. Reminds me a lot of Wisconsin earlier. They are literally not even trying on offence, just getting stuffed run after run, then depending on their defence. Kind of surprising really as I'm sure they saw what happened to Wisconsin. Two, they have turned the ball overy 2 more times, both times inside their own 20. Their defence is playing so good, they only gave up 3 points, but I'd rather bail here, with the slimmest of chance that they cover the line and the buy out wins, there is 1.5 points of overlap. Three, I'm going to go walk my dogs, and come back in and watch the Alabama game with no distractions. I'm not going to sit watching this game just to buy out later, when I can do it risk free right now.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came back in from the dogs, and Alabama already is up a td, and I'm not sure what happened in Utah, but AZ state were driving, but Utah scored? Pushed the second half and won the buy out... luck is on my side today, crazy.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm feeling really good about those Alabama team total overs now that bituli got disqualified for targeting. Tennessee was already short on linebackers, and he is the senior starter, and on field play caller for them. Tennessee is only 3 points from their tt. Kind of surprising they have double digits already away at Alabama.

Edit .. Damn.. think I just cursed myself. Judy is back in, but not 100 percent, then Tua got injured and is in the tent now... that sucks. I suppose I'd rather lose a few bets and have him kept out though just to be safe. Hopefully it's not something that will linger on like it did last year.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That second half line came out at +13.5 for Tennessee, and got hammered to +11.5 in about 20 seconds. The under is getting hammered too. If Tua was in I'd be all over that 11.5, but I don't have faith in Matt jones. Theven over however is intriguing. I'm going to sit here loaded on the 11.5 in case they say Tua will be back in the half time show.

Edit actually this is what I'm going to do, I'm going bet that Bama line, because it will be the same in game, as Alabama is up 11. I'm going to bet it as a gamble that Tua is going to be back, and if he isnt, I'll either watch the first possession then buy out, or buy out immediately depending on gut feel. I have a feeling he just went back to have his ankle taped and will be back, but we will see.

Edit 2.. well he isn't coming back, but I'm going to hold off to see this series, as Alabama gets it first second half.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is so stupid... Bama milking the clock, when you're not going to have tua. They should be letting Jones throw for real game practice. They will run it down, even on 4th. Let's say tua is out for a while, which looks likely because he got sent to the hospital, you're going to be playing with a inexperienced passer, and you're not letting him get real game reps.